The Student Room Group

**** it! I am going to defend Islam!

Scroll to see replies

Lol. You're not a Muslim? Prove it... or just a liar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Original post by skunkboy
Lol. You're not a Muslim? Prove it... or just a liar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can I prove it? I suppose I need to insult Islam, Muhammed and its followers like a lot of non-Muslims do on TSR
I sympathise with Muslims as I believe they have been framed for a crime they didn't commit. This neo-con Jewish war on terror as an excuse to invade and destabilize the middle east benefits Israel.
Original post by Dani California

Right, the punishments. STONING? LASHES? This is the 21st century, how can you think that is acceptable? Moral? :confused:
Although I agree that adultery is more common that it used to be and should be condemned, physical violence seen in Islam today on this matter is a disgrace to humanity.

And in order for the punishment of adultery to be applied... The person making the claim has to bring four witnesses, all four of whom have to see the act taking place... I mean like literally seeing the man's private part enter the woman...

And there are also rules about who can be a witness like he has to be recognised as a truthful person and so on...
Original post by ttaylor17
And in order for the punishment of adultery to be applied... The person making the claim has to bring four witnesses, all four of whom have to see the act taking place... I mean like literally seeing the man's private part enter the woman...

And there are also rules about who can be a witness like he has to be recognised as a truthful person and so on...

You're the guy I was discussing ideology with, right? Sorry, revising right now, but i'll add this to the counter argument when I mail you back. Sorry it's taking so long :lol:
Original post by Dani California
You're the guy I was discussing ideology with, right? Sorry, revising right now, but i'll add this to the counter argument when I mail you back. Sorry it's taking so long :lol:

Lol... Take your time..
22 ¶If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

23 ¶If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour’s wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you

Deuteronomy 22:22-24

It's not just Islam... Because all these laws were written by one God...
Original post by RFUR1
How can I prove it? I suppose I need to insult Islam, Muhammed and its followers like a lot of non-Muslims do on TSR

Define these two words, please.

1. Insult
2. Criticize

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RFUR1
1) Did Muhammad kill innocent people? I am pretty sure he didn't. I thought he only killed enemies of God, people who would stop him spreading God's message.

So yes then.
Original post by rachelc142
Lol hav u heard of the westboro baptist church.

Islam is not the reason for the violent acts - every Muslim in the world cannot be held accountable for the violence of some extremists, that's unfair.

You realise Westboro Baptist Church is the worst example of Christians ever right? And yet all they've done is non-violent protests of incredibly vague and random things, like picketing soldiers funerals. No killings. No incitement to violence or anything. And that's the worst Christian group in the world. Oh and holding up signs which claim Gods hate homosexuals. Oh and there's only 39 of the bastards.

And you think this is somehow comparable to pretty much anything which has involved Islam like throwing a tantrum over cartoons?

It would also be nice if some people could actually defend their religion without any bull**** like "well Christianity is doing worse things" when it's not true but also doesn't explain the high proportion of these religious nonsense getting forced on society is from Islam.

Why do we accept the angry backlash from Muslims but expect Christians to 'man up' in relation to being made fun of? May I remind you that it is not the Christians who are threatening violence due to depictions of Jesus as homosexual or portrayed in humiliating ways seen in the image called "No One Murdered Because Of This Image".
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Snagprophet
You realise Westboro Baptist Church is the worst example of Christians ever right?

Ever heard of kkk?
Original post by Winter_is_here
Ever heard of kkk?

Yes and they're limited to a small area of one country, of a group which is measured in thousands. Whereas what we're talking about in this thread is a global problem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Snagprophet
Yes and they're limited to a small area of one country, of a group which is measured in thousands. Whereas what we're talking about in this thread is a global problem.

No, what I was trying to highlight is that there are EXTREMISTS in DIFFERENT religions etc that take things to a horrific level. Yeah, there are vast differences in how widespread each type of extremism is, but the extremism exists nevertheless. And even if one group operates on a much smaller scale, it can't be used as an excuse to trivialise the acts they carry out in comparison to others. Either way I'm against any sort of barbaric cruelty in this world, and any perpetrators should always be bought to justice :smile:
Original post by bittr n swt
Why can muslim men hit their wives in certain circumstances? Isn't that damaging?

What good does it bring?

The only thing you're allowed to hit them with is a miswaak... Don't know if you've heard of it... Called the magic wand or something in boots... We use it to clean our teeth... And that isn't like our hitting where we pull our whole hand back... Or extend our whole arm... We can only hit with the forearm... As in use the elbow as a pivot... Not the shoulder... It is used for warnings... And if i hit you like that... You'd probably think I was trying to tickle you... It's simply a subtle reminder... Or warning
The only thing you're allowed to hit them with is a miswaak... Don't know if you've heard of it... Called the magic wand or something in boots... We use it to clean our teeth... And that isn't like our hitting where we pull our whole hand back... Or extend our whole arm... We can only hit with the forearm... As in use the elbow as a pivot... Not the shoulder... It is used for warnings... And if i hit you like that... You'd probably think I was trying to tickle you... It's simply a subtle reminder... Or warning

It's simply domestic violence and shows the idiotic man can't control himself.
It's simply domestic violence and shows the idiotic man can't control himself.

If that's your opinion, sure...
If that's your opinion, sure...

It's fact unlike the Qur'an
It's fact unlike the Qur'an

That is a very ignorant statement that shows you know nothing about the Qur'an... First learn about the Qur'an... Try reading the English translation... I can recommend you one if you're interested... Until then please don't make uneducated assumptions....
(edited 9 years ago)

Glad to know you support domestic violence to teach a dissenting woman a lesson...

This is exactly the kind of stuff people have a problem with.
That is a very ignorant statement that shows you know nothing about the Qur'an... First learn about the Qur'an... Try reading the English translation... I can recommend you one if you're interested... Until then please don't make uneducated assumptions.... You're making yourself look like a complete idiot

I'm the idiot when you're the one condoning domestic violence? How ironic....

If your Quran is fact, who wrote it? How do you really know mo is real? Evidence or goaway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending