The Student Room Group

Can a woman be the head of the house?

Income aside,I believe that a man should always have a final say.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There shouldn't be a head at all.
Well screw you, my mum always has the final say :biggrin:
Of course they can. I do think its important for somebody to have the authority in the household- its more secure and the family feels protected. Personally, I think both parents should do it.
Why not? Bit sexist
My dad was scared of my mum, probably why he left 😂
Reply 6
Original post by beckaroo7
Why not? Bit sexist

How is it sexist?
I mean women want a man to take action be responsible and make them feel protected right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Nice trolling attempt OP...
Of course she can. I don't even see why you would think otherwise.
Reply 9
Well i was raised solely by my mother and it doesn't seem to have done any harm.
This isn't even a question, of course a woman can be the head of the house.

Why is it that these knuckledragging cavemen insist on interfering in people's private lives? Let people get on with it according to what they want to do. Some couples will be perfectly happy having the women being the head (and particularly if she's the one earning the most money), some couples will want to do it Even Steven, and some will want the man to be head.

It's up to each individual family, why the need to make blanket rules?
If she wants I guess... I think it should be shared between both parents.
Original post by minimarshmallow
Of course she can. I don't even see why you would think otherwise.

I am not denying the right for any women to take charge, if the man is clearly not fit to take on such responsibilities.
A wife should trust her husband,when it comes to a final decision.
Normally they tend to be more rational (women)
Reply 14
I don't see why anybody should be the head of the household. And no, men making the final decision is just bull****.
Original post by Blue_Mason
I am not denying the right for any women to take charge, if the man is clearly not fit to take on such responsibilities.
A wife should trust her husband,when it comes to a final decision.

My nan and granddad have been together for 50 years. Although he's certainly fit to make a decision, and indeed sometimes he does, she has the correct decision 9/10, so why shouldn't she be the prime decision maker if she's hitting the mark more often than him?
In the 21st century most Western males are impotent socially awkward skinny fat beta male incels, many of which wastemen. In such a depressing turn of events I believe modern Western woman is as minimarshmallows suggested the superior gender of homo sapiens
Reply 17
No, only feminists believe in that it doesn't occur in traditional societies.
Reply 18
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
In the 21st century most Western males are impotent socially awkward skinny fat beta male incels, many of which wastemen. In such a depressing turn of events I believe modern Western woman is as minimarshmallows suggested the superior gender of homo sapiens

well that is observably untrue; most men do manage to get into relationships, are not socially awkward and I don't think skinny fat is the average body type.
Reply 19
Original post by al_94
No, only feminists believe in that it doesn't occur in traditional societies.

I think you will find that feminists do believe it happens in traditional societies, they just (rightly) agree that "traditional societies" are backward and irrelevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending