The Student Room Group

Why do Brits pretend to care about the Superbowl?

Scroll to see replies

Since The Queen of Pop performed in 2012, it's become an obligation for the world to pretend to care so they could watch the half-time show.
Original post by Cattty
Errrm, we don't.....................

Who's this everyone?

Im guessing you're american- because everyone else in the world watches REAL football (what you guys call soccer) and doesnt understand or care about american football. All i know is its a bit like rugby, but our rugby players dont wear massive shoulder/knee protectors- they just take it like men...............

If you dont like it, dont watch it- we dont bother here- its on sky sports but i have never heard anyone talk about it.

First up, not American. And you must be living in a little bubble if you think that no one cares. "I'm guessing you're from" a derelict English country town.
Reply 42
Original post by BenLynch9
First up, not American. And you must be living in a little bubble if you think that no one cares. "I'm guessing you're from" a derelict English country town.

No, im from a large city actually.................................
I don't usually watch it, but the one this year was actually very exciting. But yeah, I don't care about the rest of the season
Maybe they do actually care? Considering that there is stigma to embracing any kind of American culture that isn't Hollywood, I doubt they're pretending. Dunno though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, when I was at university in the UK the student union would do a big Superbowl event and, like you say, everyone seemed to suddenly be fans of whatever team was playing. Personally I find football incredibly boring, I'm a hockey guy. :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending