The Student Room Group

I hate Vegetarians.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wade-
Without trying to use big words to sound clever and just not making much sense explain this to me: why say it's wrong to kill animals and eat them but then still happily use things that parts of their dead bodies are used to make?

I'm aware of what veganism is but it still makes no sense to condemn the killing of animals for meat but then accept it for other things

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's wrong to use those bits of their bodies, too. I don't use leather, fur, or other animal products wherever possible and where I can identify them.
Original post by Gaara Sama
No hun, I was referring to you - how anyone could mistake that is beyond me.

And how are we fascist? Do enlighten.

He's just trolling now, it seems. That much is evident from his "plant-murderer" comment.
Do you feel threatened by vegetarianism or something?
Original post by Keiran0
Ever get the feeling that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior to you? Like they think that not eating meat makes them so special that their **** doesn't stink? As if when someone stops eating meat, they suddenly become holy and dignified and it excuses them for the years of inconvenience and frustration they inevitably inflict upon their friends, family and co-workers who just want to go to a restaurant and order a damn steak without constantly being reminded that they're going to hell for eating an animal that spends most of its life ******** in a field. There are those of us who don't have a hyperactive sense of guilt and we don't give a **** about your mixed up self-righteous moral vegetarian agenda.

"I can't eat meat." The four worst words to hear when you're going to a restuarant with someone. I literally cringe every time I hear those words because I know it means that we have to drive around the city for 2 hours looking for some restuarant that serves "friendly" burgers, which ironically look and taste exactly like hamburgers--which vegetarians object to eating because it's either A) gross or B) murder. If it's so gross, then why go out of your way to eat something exactly like it, dickhead? It's funny how vegetarians suddenly stop bitching about murder as soon as you point out their fancy leather belt or shoes, or that they drive a car and use electricity which contributes to polluting the earth and contaminating everything including the precious animals that they refuse to eat.

Well I'm tired of it. So what I've decided to do is sponsor a vegetarian! It's easy and spiteful, and we all know how much fun spiting people is! I'll explain..

What does it mean to sponsor a vegetarian? It means that you have to find someone in your life who's a really big pain in everyone's arse every time you want to go out to eat, and then you commit yourself to eating THREE times the amount of meat you'd normally consume to make up for all the meat that your vegetarian buddy isn't eating. It's that simple! That way, you can reverse the guilt trip that they've been laying on us for years by not only neutralizing their cause, but making it actually worse by eating more animals than would have ever been eaten had they not chosen to become vegetarians!

What if vegetarians say they don't care because we'll become fat by sponsoring them? I've thought about that already. All you have to do is exercise. I know it goes against the being lazy rule that I advocate so much, but this is so spiteful that it more than makes up for the exercise you'll have to do--which means that if you choose the 3 to 1 plan and sponsor a vegetarian, you're being so spiteful that you can't lose! If you have a choice, eat three separate types of animal to maximize your efficiency! Only offered beef? No problem: visit the zoo and eat a monkey!

The best part of it is that this plan is bullet proof. Finally those of us who don't have our heads firmly planted up our rear ends (with respect to vegetarianism, don't get me wrong, most people still need a crowbar up side the head) have a tool to combat these moral elitists!

Oh MY GOD that's one long post! I'm really not gonna read it, but I just came to say that I am not like that!

My story: Felt bad about the animal when eating it. Feeling got worse over the years. Feeling got so bad, the taste of meat wasn't worth it anymore => vegetarianism. Although personally I wouldn't really call myself a vegetarian, I am eating fish from time to time. Cos I know being a vegetarian is utterly illogical and against nature, and I know I need those goddamn proteins, as few as they are (and where I live there's no such thing as almond milk or other fancy vegan food).

So obviously I don't care if people around me are vegetarians, vegans, carnivores or anything. I became vegetarian to feel better about myself, not make others feel worse.

I'm an atheist, surely being vegetarian won't save me from the eternally tropical region where hell is.

So here's a vegetarian (or whatever I am) that is rightly insulted you hate her.
Reply 224
Original post by Wade-
That's because the idea of cannibalism is abhorrent, you'd even go to jail if you made another animal do it.

So many everyday products contain things made from animals, things far more unexpected and obscure than just leather so by using those things you're just being a hypocrite by telling other people they shouldn't eat animals

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's about putting yourself in someone else's shoes (empathy). Just because things are the way they are today, do not mean they are right, it is because there are a lot of apathetic people who don't feel anything beyond their own egos.

oh, so i should languish at the morality bucket, because I not doing it EVERYTHING 100% perfect, that's so ridiculous.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 225
Original post by emanueladiana
Oh MY GOD that's one long post! I'm really not gonna read it, but I just came to say that I am not like that!

The thread is 6 years old. :biggrin:

What's this trend of bumping old threads?
Original post by Josb
The thread is 6 years old. :biggrin:

What's this trend of bumping old threads?

Oh, my bad. I saw 'in the 'news feed', though.
Original post by viddy9
He's just trolling now, it seems. That much is evident from his "plant-murderer" comment.

Yeah, some people have nothing better to do it seems...
Reply 228
Original post by NHM713
No, it's about putting yourself in someone else's shoes (empathy). Just because things are the way they are today, do not mean they are right, it is because there are a lot of apathetic people who don't feel anything beyond their own egos.

oh, so i should languish at the morality bucket, because I not doing it EVERYTHING 100% perfect, that's so ridiculous.

You're entire reply makes absolutely zero sense.

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It's wrong to use those bits of their bodies, too. I don't use leather, fur, or other animal products wherever possible and where I can identify them.

You use condoms? Toothpaste? Candles? Deodorant? Tires? All of these any so many more normal things people use everyday contain parts of animals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 229
Original post by Wade-
You're entire reply makes absolutely zero sense.
Posted from TSR Mobile

The only way you can justify eating meat, is for a medical requirement. Outside that, it is for the most part selfish.
Original post by NHM713
The only way you can justify eating meat, is for a medical requirement. Outside that, it is for the most part selfish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the most rubbish points in a debate I have ever heard.
Reply 231
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the most rubbish points in a debate I have ever heard.

No, you just have it in for me, so any point I make that is your automatic stance.
I think its a pretty silly ideology but there are loads of those.
Original post by NHM713
No, you just have it in for me, so any point I make that is your automatic stance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You said on another thread humans will turn blue. with stuff like that, why would I believe you on anything? I wouldn't be surprised if you believed in homeopathy and stuff of that matter.
Good for you.
Original post by NHM713

Posted from TSR Mobile

But no I don't have it in for you. I have nothing against, I just don't like the fact vegetarians think they are better than meat eaters.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

But no I don't have it in for you. I have nothing against, I just don't like the fact vegetarians think they are better than meat eaters.

i dont think that :tongue:
Original post by cupcakes87
i dont think that :tongue:

If only you soon spoke for all the veggies in here.
Reply 238
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

You said on another thread humans will turn blue. with stuff like that, why would I believe you on anything? I wouldn't be surprised if you believed in homeopathy and stuff of that matter.

LOL! Are you actually serious, now your twisting my words? How far we you go? Yep, and meditation, chakra balancing, you name it!

I suppose you rely solely of hard facts.
Reply 239
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Vegetarians don't think they/we are better than, it's simply better OVERALL to at least eat less meat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending