The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why would anyone want to live in London, aside from work?

Seriously. What is honestly the appeal of living in London?

Aside from a few highly paid jobs and some interesting buildings in the centre, there is utterly no appeal to the place, in my opinion.

It is an expensive, overcrowded, congested, violent, crime-ridden, polluted ****hole. Full of toffs, criminals and ethnic minorities. It economically strangles the rest of the country, and the people who live there are some of the most pretentious people you'll ever meet.

Am I alone? No trolling please :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what do ethnic minorities have to do with it though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Phipp91

Aside from a few highly paid jobs and some interesting buildings in the centre, there is utterly no appeal to the place, in my opinion.

It is an expensive, overcrowded, congested, violent, crime-ridden, polluted ****hole. Full of toffs, criminals and ethnic minorities.

One of these things, is not like the other.

I mean if you don't like. Please feel free to stay away. You won't be missed lel.
Original post by Truths
One of these things, is not like the other.

I mean if you don't like. Please feel free to stay away. You won't be missed lel.

oh my god. it's this person again. :curious:
Original post by Phipp91
... criminals and ethnic minorities.

i was with you until you said that. racist alert.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Phipp91

It is an expensive, overcrowded, congested, violent, crime-ridden, polluted ****hole. Full of toffs, criminals and ethnic minorities. It economically strangles the rest of the country, and the people who live there are some of the most pretentious people you'll ever meet.

It's where the jobs are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Concerned135
It's where the jobs are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which is what I said, in the title.
I find London to be too tourist-orientated, to be expected really.
Reply 8
some people like the busy life
90% of London looks extremly dirty and run down. It's not a very attractive place at all.

I was driving through London today and there was litter and bin bags strewn everywhere in the streets. The houses were run down and dirty. Couple this with the high third world populations and their resulting crime rates, I don't think london can be considered a major city.

Anyone who has ever been to Hong kong, or Beijing knows what a city can be.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Barack Obama
i was with you until you said that. racist alert.

No onr likes racist cretins

Posted from TSR Mobile
The major plus is the absence of UKIP ******s.
Busy, the creative culture - in terms of art galleries/museums and emerging artists etc.

The anonymity.

Some of us are sick of living in small towns where everyone knows each others business.
Original post by thatcherblair
90% of London looks extremly dirty and run down. It's not a very attractive place at all.

I was driving through London today and there was litter and bin bags strewn everywhere in the streets. The houses were run down and dirty. Couple this with the high third world populations and their resulting crime rates, I don't think london can be considered a major city.

Anyone who has ever been to Hong kong, or Beijing knows what a city can be.

It's because Beijing and Hong Kong punish people for behaving poorly instead of letting them litter the streets like filthy animals. Most people will only do something when motivated by fear, they are selfish twits.
Original post by Phipp91

I'm not living there yet (though i may upon graduation)..

It is an expensive - Very true, high rents are the biggest factor in putting me off

Overcrowded - Subjective, i don't mind this.

Congested - Only a problem if you have a car, it has one of the best public transport (and cycle) networks in the world

Violent, crime-ridden - Depends where you are but this is indeed another factor putting me off

Polluted ****hole - Most big cities have a degree of pollution

Full of toffs - A good thing.

Ethnic minorities - This is something i'm not a fan of but it's not a make or break thing

It economically strangles the rest of the country - The fault of the politicians, not London. It's also overstated somewhat since business may choose Frankfurt rather than Manchester were London not an option.
Reply 15
There are many places worth (especially midlands and parts of the north) and many places better (especially bigger towns/cities in SE England). I'm glad I don't live there though.
God people here are so racist.

Also, why do people think London is crime ridden? There's no more crime there compared to the rest of the country due to gentrification.
Bristol imo is best
Because it's a glorious city that offers a lot.
I've only been a few times but had a blast each time. Would not want to live there though, F that.

Latest

Trending

Trending