If your dream celeb asked you out when you were taken, would you cheat? Watch

Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This is a serious thread. And I am including spouses.

Your actions will break your partner's heart and possibly give them deep-seated trust and attachment issues-you will watch them cry. But the sex and euphoria you feel will be beyond anything you've ever experienced.

I imagine the vast majority of people will be in denial and babble about 'true love', when the fact is so many of us are scum and would probably cheat on our current partner if the person who's made us horny since we were 12 asked us to the dance.

I put this in Society because I believe 'Society' is a moral void, once you push the right buttons we all turn back into animals

my responses from the partner thread on Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co...asked_you_out/
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No. I would have connected with my hypothetical partner on an intellectual and emotional level. The only thing going for my celebrity crush is that I find them attractive. At the end of the day, I wouldn't know them on a personal level at all, just what the media reported. Sex to me has a higher value than a cheap fling and is for 'love' between two people who connect on numerous levels. I wouldn't betray that for what would seemingly be a one time thing nor would I abandon my partner if the celebrity wanted to start a relationship with me.
TheDaylighter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope I wouldn't, I don't even have a dream celeb. I can recognise people as attractive but only develop crushes when I know someone better and I would already have a connection with my partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
battycatlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No because I'm not a ****.

And plus I'm demisexual so I need to be romantically attracted to sleep with someone.
tyh91
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by battycatlady)
No because I'm not a ****.

And plus I'm demisexual so I need to be romantically attracted to sleep with someone.

Agreed. I'm also demisexual.
If you find yourself answering 'yes' to this question then you might want to evaluate your relationship. Firstly, if you're going to be tempted by somebody else's looks then go and find yourself an attractive partner. Secondly, I don't and have never idolised any male celebrity.

Girls, be good to your men.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No. The only things that the celebrity has going for them are physical attractiveness and an unrealistic mental picture I will have painted of their personality. I don't know them, after all. With my boyfriend, there's love, and trust, and respect, and mutual support on top of the physical attraction. I know my boyfriend - all the wonderful things about him as well as the little things that can be a bit irritating (such as him squeezing the toothpaste tube in the middle instead of at the bottom ). I'd never betray what we have, and I'd never want to cause him pain. To do so wouldn't just make me a heartless, selfish *****, it would also be really stupid.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol no. For one thing, I despise the "celeb" culture that has given rise to talentless wasteoids like Kim Kardashian, thus I am unlikely to sleep with anyone purely because they self-identify with being a celebrity.

Secondly (and more importantly), I have morals that I strive to stick to at all times. Kinda prevents me from being a ****
Darkphilosopher
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope. I'd never do something like that to her or anybody else and I know that she'd never do it to me either.
bittr n swt
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably not but if I could cheat and get away with it then I'll do it.
The_Mighty_Bush
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, it's good banter.
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
Yeah, it's good banter.
yeah this thread needs a bump too
OhGod
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends how interested I was interested in my current partner. If she was 'a fling' I would do it but if I was in a long term relationship I wouldn't.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you love someone, surely you'd feel awful for hurting them?

I don't even have a celebrity crush but never. Wow. Never.

Posted from TSR Mobile
COD_is_a_fish
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. Most celebs are douchebags.
King Kebab
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends entirely on the circumstances
Yeah dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd rather walk on a land full of Legos barefoot than break her heart, and that challenge I have nightmares about y'all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Captivated)
If you love someone, surely you'd feel awful for hurting them?

I don't even have a celebrity crush but never. Wow. Never.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'd feel awful and guilty for a while but you'd get over it. You might even try to alleviate your guilt by giving him false hope, typically maintaining a friendship while romancing the new guy under his nose.

Plus ~SECURITY!

Most beta males on this forum cannot provide security to the women here. I asked as much in my earlier thread 'why are women almost invariably attracted to older guys?'
Cutty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If anyone had asked me out, I would have said yes, doesn't even have to be a celebrity. I've been trying to get out of that relationship for seven months, that ***** ain't no good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
(Original post by OhGod)
It depends how interested I was interested in my current partner. If she was 'a fling' I would do it but if I was in a long term relationship I wouldn't.
why wouldn't you do it for an LTR?
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
(Original post by King Kebab)
Depends entirely on the circumstances
elaborate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads