The Student Room Group

What do you think about the FEMEN?

(feminist organisation)

Scroll to see replies

Feminazi
Pretty good fap material if you type FEMEN in google images.
feminist organizations are way too negative and pessimistic, they complain a lot and are offended by way too much.

Basically they need a collective chill pill, some haloperidol will do :wink:
Reply 4
They are pure scum. Lock them up for public indecency.
Reply 5
Just to add what is the point of them taking their shirts off? They are flat chested anyway no one cares?
A big fat joke
Original post by JackWarner
(feminist organisation)
Looks like a bit of a joke.
What a bunch of jokers
Reply 10
Feminism is simply about promoting women's rights until women are treated equally to men.
#FreeTheNipple is a protest about the sexualization of breasts. How is a woman's boob (a nipple with fat behind it) different to, for example, a fat man's chest? It's not, and it's sexualization is inherently sexist as a result. I appreciate that you probably already have made your minds up with some kind of "feminazi man hating" stereotype but I thought you might appreciate some facts.
Original post by _bondi
Feminism is simply about promoting women's rights until women are treated equally to men.
#FreeTheNipple is a protest about the sexualization of breasts. How is a woman's boob (a nipple with fat behind it) different to, for example, a fat man's chest? It's not, and it's sexualization is inherently sexist as a result. I appreciate that you probably already have made your minds up with some kind of "feminazi man hating" stereotype but I thought you might appreciate some facts.

waiting.jpg

I'm waiting for the facts still.
Original post by _bondi

Anatomically, a woman's breast is different from a fat man's chest in that the former contains mammary glands. As for why it is sexualised - in the primeval environment, it would benefit a man to mate with a woman who had the fat reserves and breast structure to adequately care for and breastfeed any resulting children. Men who looked at their prospective partners' breasts were more likely to have kids that lived to maturity, and so alleles that generated that behaviour spread through the ancestral population and gave us the boob culture we observe today.

I am not excusing the objectification of the breast, or trying to claim that sexualising it is either right or wrong - merely pointing out that it is natural and not completely arbitrary. Certainly, with the advent of formula milk and with modern society in general, the breast no longer needs to be sexualised from an evolutionary point of view, and so #FreeTheNipple may have a valid place in the world.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Pretty good fap material if you type FEMEN in google images.

lmao
Reply 14
Love how everyone replying on this thread against feminism is a man 😂 like lmao doesn't that just telling you something.....an interesting number of UKIP logos as well
Reply 15
Original post by _bondi

Free the nipple but ban page three - just one of the many contradictions that makes feminism so laughable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
#FreeTheNipple is about ending the sexualization of womens' breasts. Getting rid of page 3 serves the same purpose- protesting against the sexualization and objectification of female bodies. We live in a society where if a female rape victim was wearing a tight dress, that automatically means she was asking for it. A society where schools implement dress codes whereby female CHILDREN cannot show too much of their shoulders in case their male peers and teachers are distracted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 333egm
Love how everyone replying on this thread against feminism is a man 😂 like lmao doesn't that just telling you something.....an interesting number of UKIP logos as well

That we have standards?
Reply 18
Original post by HigherMinion
That we have standards?

What, so disliking feminists (who are women not afraid of standing up for their rights), means you have standards? Do you feel threatened by women who won't passively accept a patriarchal society?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by _bondi
#FreeTheNipple is about ending the sexualization of womens' breasts. Getting rid of page 3 serves the same purpose- protesting against the sexualization and objectification of female bodies.

In practice the ideas don't match up, first you want women to be able to get their boobs out and then you want them to put them away.

Original post by _bondi
We live in a society where if a female rape victim was wearing a tight dress, that automatically means she was asking for it. A society where schools implement dress codes whereby female CHILDREN cannot show too much of their shoulders in case their male peers and teachers are distracted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's such a ridiculous thing to say, the vast majority of people do not blame rape victims regardless of what they wear. Again there have been a handful of incidents of that, it's hardly a weekly occurrence

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending