The Student Room Group

Why do white people...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
Not my definition. It's popular among those who subscribe to relevant agendas.

so it's popular amongst insufferable people who think white people can't be victims of racism - sounds like a great crowd to take seriously...
Original post by StrangeBanana
Orly? I guess I can't get banned for insulting Blacks, then

I said reverse racism. Please try harder.
Original post by Augvstus
I said racism.

I know you said racism, do you have trouble reading?
Kinda like how the internet is full of people ranting about how racist and horrible white people are for no other reason than being white, and how we're a bunch of colonialist slave-drivers that oppress minorities despite millions of us having little more in the way of rights, wealth, or power.

There's plenty of anti-white BS on the internet and the media - it's not that hard to find. Ever been on tumblr? But people tend not to notice it; either because it's not what they're looking for, or because they're doing it themselves.
Original post by G8D
Similar suggestions are made for sexism, discriminating on the basis of sexuality etc.

exactly. it's extremely childish and immature of these kinds of "anti-racism" advocates (they're called, ironically). everybody can be discriminated against if they own a race, gender, sexuality (etc). saying that a straight person can't be sexually discriminated against by gay people is by definition wrong because straight people have a sexuality, in the sense that white people can, by definition, be racially discriminated against, because they possess a race.
Original post by Itsallaconundrum
The thing is, in the uk racism *is more of a closet issue. Publicly, people are more politically correct however, if you go to places whereby you are truly the minority like at conferences or even the outskirts you can see those negative attitudes shine through. *via people expressions or their initial demeanour around you.*
Even in the media, many races are not truly represented; its seldom you'll find an Asian or black women on tv (I'm not talking about the light skinned ones)! Lol and when you do, they are in their perceived stereotyped *roles. -_-*

People expect you to behave in with the preconceived *stereotype of your race and in that sense, people of so called "ethnic minority" (a term which is also placed there to make other races seem inferior btw) have to work twice as hard to obtain certain things that unfortunately their white counterparts can get with less work.*

That said, I know a lot of trolls will think that I'm being racist. That is not the case. Indeed you have white people who do work hard just like everyone else to stand out from the crowd. However, in this world (especially in the previously colonised areas of the world) there is still this idea that white people and lighted skinned people are superior to the others. Let's be honest here please.*

I don't agree. With TV I think minorities are pushed too much. The BBC for example definitely has a quota for race along with sexuality etc etc.
When you think about it, the percentage of black people in this country is still very small so you wouldn't expect loads of black people on TV.
I think you're just a bit self conscious. Learn to not give a f**k. I am aiming this at your quote "via people expressions or their initial demeanour around you."
If you go to an area where theres not many black people and you find that people stare a bit more than in a place where theres lots of black people then thats fair enough. Its not racism. Its just people not being as familiar with other races. They look different.
You talk about the stereotyping which I understand could be annoying. But white people get stereotyped too. White boys are meant to be posh. if they enjoy rap music they're wannabes. You see?
You need to stop being a victim and live your life without caring as much.

In the UK I think for sure white and black people have an equal footing in terms of careers and universities. I'm not sure how you could argue black people have to work twice as hard.
Original post by AaronImpresswell
Why would they be more discriminating towards black students than students from Pakistan? Based on what exactly? Plus, 5 & 7 fewer university offers represents a huge amount when applied to the whole UCAS application system year in, year out.

No racism at all here then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24902389

to be fair in proportion black people are more likely to criminals. theres far more black in prison then there should be considering how small the overall population is here. thats a fact.
here are the figures: 3% of population is black in uk but 10% of prison population is black. If they're more likely to be criminals you should stop them more.
I think you've misinterpreted me on the black vs pakistani bit. my point was if you're saying the difference between white and black is due to racism then therefore the difference between black and asian is racism. but why would unis be more racist to asian than to black?? the answer is they're not. these are just normal differences in the figures.
every year theres more females than males going to uni. is that sexism? no.
just means females have better applications overall compared to males.
black students tend to be poorer so no surprise their applications arent as good
Original post by sqwertylol
I don't agree. With TV I think minorities are pushed too much. The BBC for example definitely has a quota for race along with sexuality etc etc.
When you think about it, the percentage of black people in this country is still very small so you wouldn't expect loads of black people on TV

I think there are more Chinese people living in the UK than blacks yet the BBC seems to pretend they don't exist
Original post by Normies Out
I think there are more Chinese people living in the UK than blacks yet the BBC seems to pretend they don't exist

this is why I can't value your arguments. look it up.
0.69% of population are chinese
3.01% are black

thats over 4 times as many
I would go a far to say that being black or Asian would give you an advantage in many a country, as companies need to meet their diversity and equality quotas.
Reply 90
Surely it depends on what country you happen to live in. I would imagine that white people suffer a lot of discrimination in parts of Africa and Asia.
Original post by MrKmas508
Have you ever lived in a non white country ever in your life, honestly. This is from world value surveyimage.jpg today 10,000 refugees entered Germany for asylum, many people were upset however it happened, you'll never see that happen in a non white country.

Pakistan (a non white country) is the second largest home to refugees. What is your point?
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Pakistan (a non white country) is the second largest home to refugees. What is your point?

They only accept Muslims though.
Original post by Dandaman1
Kinda like how the internet is full of people ranting about how racist and horrible white people are for no other reason than being white, and how we're a bunch of colonialist slave-drivers that oppress minorities despite millions of us having little more in the way of rights, wealth, or power.

There's plenty of anti-white BS on the internet and the media - it's not that hard to find. Ever been on tumblr? But people tend not to notice it; either because it's not what they're looking for, or because they're doing it themselves.

Tumblr is a breeding ground for cis straight white males hating feminists.

It's a shame really, that site has so much potential (artwork).
They only accept Muslims though.

Christians (Urdu: مسيحى‎) make up 1.6% of Pakistan's population, about 2.8 million people out of a total population. The majority of the Pakistani Christian communities is constituted by converts from the Hindus, Sikhs, and Muslims from Punjab region.

And...?
And...?

They're indigenous and they are treated like sub human s**t. Here's a link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Pakistan#Islamist_violence_against_Christians look at the long list of conflicts.
They're indigenous and they are treated like sub human s**t. Here's a link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Pakistan#Islamist_violence_against_Christians look at the long list of conflicts.

They broke the law on most occasions but you're right. Some Christians are being treated unfairly. It happens everywhere, like Jews being treated unfairly and Muslims. It's not right to point the finger at Pakistan.

Debunked.
Reply 97
Original post by GdotMdot
Institutional Racism, other nations are told that they need to try to be like western countries, minorities in western countries are told that Caucasian are the ideal.

Who is it that tells minorities that Caucasian are the ideal? Funny because Caucasians are a very diverse bunch in themselves, with different cultures, beliefs, religions, national identities etc. They wouldn't say something so silly because it makes no sense. I think your suggestion is rubbish.
They broke the law on most occasions but you're right. Some Christians are being treated unfairly. It happens everywhere, like Jews being treated unfairly and Muslims. It's not right to point the finger at Pakistan.

Debunked.

Debunked, you're f***ing joking. There's being treated unfairly and then there's non stop violence and aggression against a peaceful minority resulting in many people dying on a weekly basis. When I say peaceful I mean properly peaceful not beheading people in the street occasionally peaceful. There is simply no way you can honestly win this argument, Pakistan treats its non Muslim minorities horrendously and for you to purposefully ignore that fact when it is staring you right in the face makes you no better than the evil b**tards that do this. Oh but I forgot you're Muslim first and a human being second.
Reply 99
Original post by Normies Out

The Chinese, from my observations over the decades, are the most polite people in the UK. They're amazing. They are dignified, humble, always smartly dressed, usually cheerful, not loud vulgar or brash and never publicly disruptive, or scream and shout demands about wanting this or that off the government. They don't rely on the government for houses or financial handouts like other socially ill-equipped national groups in the UK, who will put their energies into taking from the State that gave them a home and disrespecting the national values, instead of aiming to learn and assimilate into the established social and moral fabric of their host country and doing their utmost to payback the kindnesses they have received.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending