The Student Room Group

Most homeless people are white.

Homelessness can be caused by many things: alcohol, drug, gambling issues, unemployment, rough divorces or just plain bad luck, but it seems to me at least that 80% of the homeless are usually white men.

Out of 10 that I've seen over the last week, 8 were white.

Why do you think this the case?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BruceJender
Homelessness can be caused by many things: alcohol, drug, gambling issues, unemployment, rough divorces or just plain bad luck, but it seems to me at least that 80% of the homeless are usually white men.

87% of Britons are white. Taking the country as a whole, your estimation would mean that whites are actually underrepresented in the homeless.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by a noble chance
87% of Britons are white. Taking the UK as a whole, your estimation would mean that whites are actually underrepresented in the homeless.

That would work if I had met all the homeless in the UK. I am speaking of course of my neighbourhood/town.
That would work if I had met all the homeless in the UK. I am speaking of course of my neighbourhood/town.

I know. What I am saying is that it is hardly surprising that most homeless people in an unspecified area are white when most people in the wider country are also white and that, if anything, you should be surprised that you haven't seen more white beggars.
(edited 8 years ago)
But most white people aren't homeless so, y'know, it's not all bad :smile:
You never see ethnics dip so much as tuppence on their laps. Always whites on this piss that help out their brother.
Original post by StainesMassif
You never see ethnics dip so much as tuppence on their laps. Always whites on this piss that help out their brother.

thats bs, im not white and I don8 bre of my p's to the needy
white is such a varied term
90% are men.
Original post by caravaggio2
90% are men.

Policy should be made to put more women out on the streets.
Reply 10
90% are men.

Where did you get that from?
Reply 11
Most traffic wardens are white, most club bouncers are white, most murderers are white, most rapists are white. Most curry-shop staff are brown, most Chinese take-away staff are Asian, most plumbers are East European.

The sky is up, the ground is down. Most wild bears defecate in the woods and the Pope's probably a Catholic.

--------------------------

Oh, sod it, how about a serious answer. Let's see if this works:

Wealthy immigrants aren't likely to end up homeless.

Economic migrants who come here with the intention to do well are of a mind-set they are not likely to end up homeless.

If an economic migrant is not successful, they can always return to their home country rather than be homeless here.

2nd and 3rd generation children of economic migrants are more likely to get support and encouragement from their parents than someone on a sink estate so they are probably less likely to be homeless.

Refugees have no reason to be homeless; accommodation is provided.

Illegal immigrants are not likely to end up homeless: they will get picked up and deported or seek help and be deported.

Criminals finishing a prison sentence for a serious crime who are migrants risk deportation; UK citizens do not.

Ergo, whites are probably more likely to end up homeless than non-whites, at least for another couple of generations. Once people who have migrated to the UK have had a few generations of kids, I'm sure they'll manage to fail at life just as much as the rest of us.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tishy
Where did you get that from?

Forgive me Tishy but you sound a bit disbelieving.
Just using your eyes on the street should be enough .
But if you Google "gender breakdown of homelessness " on the front page is a report in the Guardian that states 84% of hidden homeless are men(stopping on friends sofas etc) and 9 out of 10 street homeless, you know, the ones that Tory ministers step over when leaving the opera, they are men.
Hope that helps.😊
So if you add theses stats up that means the vast majority of street homeless are white men.
That'll be that white male privilege that will. Lucky beggars 😊
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
That'll be that white male privilege that will. Lucky beggars 😊
:lol:
Reply 14

My god.

First the rape thread and now this.

Please stop posting - I think I am gonna go blind if I continue reading this toxic waste you keep posting.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

OP has the tendency to make threads taking anecdotal personal evidence and drawing grand conclusions about entire populations from it.

For your own good, do not bother reading any of the crap he is posting.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by MAINE.
OP has the tendency to make threads taking anecdotal personal evidence and drawing grand conclusions about entire populations from it.
Are you basing that proposition on just personal observation?

;-)
Original post by zedeneye1
Policy should be made to put more women out on the streets.

Lmao

The vast majority of Britons are white? End thread/
'How can you be white and homeless? That's a waste of skin and opportunity!' - random tweeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending