The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is it okay to kill your rapist?

So recently in my country, a woman stabbed her rapist to death whilst he was raping her.
Apparently the rapist was a notorious pastor in the area that was well known for molesting the local women. His killer/victim allegedly came to him for spiritual guidance and he invited her to the local baptism pool for 'deliverance'. He then began to rape her and in her struggle to get free she picked up a sharp stick conveniently lying around and stabbed him to death.

The woman was arrested but released shortly after on bail. She is now considered a local hero.
The late 'pastor' left behind a wife and kids.

Do you think what she did was right? Would you do the same in her situation? Do you think it's right to kill anyone even if it's in self defense?

Edit: I am of the opinion that she did this in an act of self defense. I would probably do same in her position.
Just wanted to see other opinions
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good for her.
Right yes, immoral yes, unlawful yes.
Original post by StrawbAri
So recently in my country, a woman stabbed her rapist to death whilst he was raping her.
Apparently the rapist was a notorious pastor in the area that was well known for molesting the local women. His killer/victim allegedly came to him for spiritual guidance and he invited her to the local baptism pool for 'deliverance'. He then began to rape her and in her struggle to get free she picked up a sharp stick conveniently lying around and stabbed him to death.

The woman was arrested but released shortly after on bail. She is now considered a local hero.

Do you think what she did was right? Would you do the same in her situation? Do you think it's right to kill anyone even if it's in self defense?

You made it sound like she came back and killed him after the act in revenge.

She killed him in the process of defending herself. You do not know that she intended to kill him; perhaps she was trying only to injure him enough for him to stop. If he was killed in the process, so be it.
If she did it intending to kill then yes it is wrong, if she did it with the intention of hurting him in order to get him off her then i think that is okay since she didnt mean to

Reply 5
I would say it was perfectly viable, seeing as the raper is basically doing the same by killing them emotionally and mentally. The psychological effects of rape on it's victim is quite distressing to say the least.

She just did it physically with a stick. No difference in my eyes.

There are cases of those that suffer from Rape Trauma Syndrome, which is like your victim is dying inside anyway, I have seen one of of my closest family members suffer from years of deep depression,anxiety, social issues and many many more.
(edited 8 years ago)
This would come under self defence. She did not intend to go out and kill any one. It's the same for guy who killed the intruders entering his house, he used tools already around the house and had kids inside.

I say on this basis, fair game. But openly going out your way to cause harm - no.
Reply 7
Original post by ILovePancakes
You made it sound like she came back and killed him after the act in revenge.

She killed him in the process of defending herself. You do not know that she intended to kill him; perhaps she was trying only to injure him enough for him to stop. If he was killed in the process, so be it.

Nah I was just trying to tell the story like they told it in the news.
I obviously don't think what she did was wrong. I just want to see what other people have to say about it.

Edit: Oh I see what you mean now. oops ignore the thread title :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
No, its called self defense. Its the same as if someone pulled a gun on you, you would pull a gun on them if you had one as well etc. Its normal. Its not like she went back to his house and murdered him in his sleep after he raped her or something.
Reply 9
Original post by driftawaay
No, its called self defense. Its the same as if someone pulled a gun on you, you would pull a gun on them if you had one as well etc. Its normal. Its not like she went back to his house and murdered him in his sleep after he raped her or something.

Yeah I notice now that the thread title sounds weird :colondollar:

Another question, If she did go back to kill him as revenge.. can that be justified in any way?

Another question, If she did go back to kill him as revenge.. can that be justified in any way?

Nope.

Out of interest where are you from?
She did nothing wrong, I don't see why people take the side of people who start things.
yes.

Edit: I am of the opinion that she did this in an act of self defense. I would probably do same in her position.
Just wanted to see other opinions

It's manslaughter since it wasn't premeditated and was done, as far as I can see, in self-defence. I think it needs to be investigated and, if it does turn out that there isn't anything else to it, then she shouldn't be punished, or, if it's absolutely necessary, should receive a light sentence. A lot of people are opposed to this sort of thing but I don't much care; it's the pastor's own fault for thinking he's entitled to get away with violating somebody for his own gratification.
The lady did well. Bravo.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
**** yeah i'd kill him,

you take my soul i take your life, an eye for an eye amirite?
The title made it sound like she was raped and then a few days later tracked her rapist down and murdered him. This was clearly self defence.

In any case, if you rape someone then you deserve every ounce of justice that the judicial system can give you. You belong in the ground.
Reply 18
She did the correct, and moral thing to do. Shame about his widowed wife and child though. Not nice being labelled the child and wife of a rapist.
She is a Hero

Latest

Trending

Trending