The Student Room Group

Who likes eating eggs here?

Scroll to see replies

I am not going to watch it because I already know it's immoral to cage and abuse animals in order to satisfy my palate. I already think there are v. strong arguments against using animal products (and chickens are probably the most abused animals)

Eggs taste amazing and they're used almost everywhere (cakes, pies, burgers, etc). So, yeah, no I will still eat it :shock:

It's probably greed and/or laziness on my part. I regularly find myself agreeing with moral arguments in favour of giving more to charity and giving up some other pleasurable activities in order to increase the welfare of other beings. And yet, I almost always do not do anything about it.

Definitely need to become a better person.
I absolutely hate eggs with a passion. They're so squidgy
I love eating Chicken being a vegetarian is boring humans were meant to live on meat
I feel sorry for those chicks though :frown:
I've seen the video. I still like eggs, wll never stop eating eggs if I'm being honest. They're good for cakes and I personally find them tasty blah blahblah. I know that there are alternatives but I think that a lot of my sister's vegan substitue dairy stuff is crap. Unless alcohol alternatives. They are acceptable because vegetarian too :daydreaming:

Feel bad for them but feel far worse about other beings :yep:
It's a rather cruel process to get food onto our plates.
Yay vegan love :biggrin:
Have you tried a chickpea flour omelette?
Reply 26
Fried eggs > everything else.

But I rarely eat eggs that aren't local and free range.
Reply 27
Original post by MrDystopia
It's a rather cruel process to get food onto our plates.

But so is killing animals to get them onto our plate. And are you vegetarian?
Because personally it does not affect me in the slightest whatsoever.

Original post by brycicle
But so is killing animals to get them onto our plate. And are you vegetarian?

I agree, but as above, I don't care in the slightest. And nope. I don't personally think I could ever be vegetarian (Though of course, nothing is impossible).
:frown: Humans are *******s
Ive seen loads of videos like this, but the fact of the matter is this, we've been programmed to eat animals and unfortunately we're top predator
I love both eggs and dairy, sorry.
[video="youtube;9Wj-T_PIEGY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wj-T_PIEGY[/video]

And bacon:coma:
Also, that's a video from America. I can assure you that in the UK things are different; you have better enforced animal rights laws in this country.

Moreover, my grandfather is a farmer, and whenever I'm back in Romania he gives me a basket of fresh eggs that come from happy free range hens (that love ruining his orchard whenever they fly out of their barn
He only slaughters them once they're fairly old, and a great number of hens end up having their own chicks that live happily in the best corner of the garden with fertile soil where they can graze and eat worms.

We're omnivores, and whereas I don't have any problem with most vegans, I abhorred my flatmate last year: she abstained from eating meat/ eggs/dairy for the same reason as you are, but she didn't mind whenever her cat killed a sparrow and brought it to her. She told me "that's nature's way" (which made her sound like a massive hypocrite, given that cats are carnivores and we're omnivores)

I'll also have you know that according to my grandfather, chicks' favourite food is boiled egg with maize and herbs/salad.
I love eggs there are so much you can do with them! I'm a vegetarian and it comes after cheese.
I'll probably stop(or cut down on) eating eggs and less luxury stuff like meat n chicken when I go to university
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

hi
I like eggs. Who doesn't?
Of course not?
I watched your video. I must confess, I felt very bad. I feel sorry for the chicks and as someone who would probably fry about 3 eggs in the next 5 hours for my breakfast, im put off. Maybe I should wait for a couple of days then the effect your video had on me would have worn off.

I have killed countless chickens and some goats myself but I am appalled how this company operate. It is sickening watching them throw the males to be crushed just because they don't lay eggs.

In fact for that treatment of the males, im gonna eat 4 eggs in the morning. Damn..
I don't want to watch the video bc I don't want to stop eating eggs.~

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending