The Student Room Group

Should Cannabis be legalised?

Scroll to see replies

As I always say, the problem isn't of drugs but of education about drugs.
Completely dodges important issue. In real terms, most things are more detrimental than marijuana. The legality of substances is often based on politics rather than effects.
All hail tobacco and smoking, the true Angel of Death of the drug world.
Lol how most people on this thread voted yes to Cannabis being legalised and most people on the "should cigarettes be made illegal?" Poll voted yes. Don't get me wrong, that's what I voted too but it just seems funny somehow haha
Original post by TTWNGCBC
Lol how most people on this thread voted yes to Cannabis being legalised and most people on the "should cigarettes be made illegal?" Poll voted yes. Don't get me wrong, that's what I voted too but it just seems funny somehow haha

Not at all, these people are determined to believe weed is totally harmless and tobacco the killer of anybody who breathes in the tiniest but of second hand smoke will brutally kill them.

Then you get many probably wanting to or actually smoking weed, but wouldn't touch tobacco with a barge pole, so that voting system is most beneficial to them

Then some don't like the smell of tobacco, but have no problem imposing the stench of weed on everybody else, after all, all that matters is #1

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would never smoke Cannabis, but I am a libertarian and seen nothing wrong with allowing people to smoke regulated Cannabis in a safe environment, if they so choose.
Reply 84
If you rolled up a joint and blazed it right now, you'd sit there for about 10 minutes and think, "....wow...what was the fuss about? This is illegal?!"

It's so stigmatized it's silly.
Reply 85
I have a friend who is in great pain who I believe would benefit from the positive effects of the drug. I've tried it myself and personally I'm not a fan but I can understand why people consume it. It makes people happy, can't really argue with that.

Another part of me is saying "why is a naturally growing plant illegal, especially since it's useful for so many things"
Lets be honest, even though it is illegal the British are one of the biggest users of cannabis in Europe. Smoking an estimated 1,035,000 kg a year.

Banning it hasn't worked.
Reply 87
Original post by jacobbannier
Absolutely. Canada are looking at it, Mexico are discussing it in their Supreme Court. America are looking at it on state levels. The UK are so far behind it's sad.

There was a debate in parliament regarding legalising it recently :smile:
I think so 100%, it should be made legal for health purposes such as cancer, arthiritus and other nerve and muscle conditions .
OK these results don't conform the with poll asking if fags should be banned. **** TSR.
Oh and those saying they should legalise it just so it can be used medically are dumbasses. Such as the person just above my original post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Original post by missyparsons
I think so 100%, it should be made legal for health purposes such as cancer, arthiritus and other nerve and muscle conditions .
(edited 8 years ago)
I had a mate who used it for the purpose of pain relief during her cancer , I'm not saying I'm an angel but make it legal for something thats right not for a blastered head on if you get my drift
And my step-mum too
As long as it's weed they smoke they limit the % of fag they put in their joints
Suprised at this poll, considering this drug causes people to act stupid and dumb
Reply 95
Reading through the comments on here, people dont understand the really serious long term effects of ganja. The way to stop ganja use, is not to legalise. Some say its good for asthma, cancer, and tb. however medicinally ganja should go through all the same rigorous processes that all other medicines go through.
Original post by JD1lla
If you rolled up a joint and blazed it right now, you'd sit there for about 10 minutes and think, "....wow...what was the fuss about? This is illegal?!"

It's so stigmatized it's silly.

Those were my thoughts the first time I smoked.
Hence your name is it lol
missy
I see Megadeath's gone off line lol
The main reason cannabis should be made legal is for those who need it for its medical benefits more than anything else.

I have a childhood friend who's mother now has MS, we have to go through illegal and sometimes dangerous means to acquire high grade cannabis for her to use for things like tea's and creams which help her a lot. Someone like her should be able to go to her doctor and get legal cannabis with a high CBD% prescribed for medical use. Instead her husband is considering growing cannabis in the house which means at any point there could be a chance the poor ladies house could be raided by the police.

It's ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending