The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do people deserve benefits?

Scroll to see replies

The problem in this country especially is the 'I am alright Jack attitude." Fair play to people who have gone on to say be millionaires, earn six figures etc... But that does not give you the right to look down on others. Situations differ fact. You are telling me that someone who got abused as a kid has the same opportunity as someone who had a normal upbringing? Of course not the latter has less obstacles. Also there are at most 600,000 jobs available now in the UK but the unemployment rate is around 2 million do the math full employment can never be achievable, Actually i would argue that the unemployment rate is much higher because part time and zero hour contract are not always liveable but people have no choice sadly. Another example, look at graduates. Many are working in part time/zero hour positions because it is so damn hard. Some employers don't want to hire graduates because they are overqualified. As for people milking the system that is a minority benefit fraud accounted for so little compared to tax avoidance by big businesses but the people on the right make excuses sometimes saying it is actually 'legal' due to offshore accounts. Does not make it right thought does it?
Original post by sw651
Woah, do you know how high unemployment is here? The number of council tenants is through the roof! And I do not have a home, I cannot afford one, I live with my admittedly wealthy parents, but even they are struggling.

And you can get a flat for
£300 a month, which is far less then their allowance, my sister gets at least 3 times that!

Ex-cons have the prison system who helps them find work, if they don't take it that is their own fault, disability is one that cannot be helped, they should get benefits because they cannot help it.

What we need is a reform to a broken system that doesn't give money to those who deserve it!

The system is fine. The problem is your prejudice. You would rather have the system create more undeserving poor for you to mock & ridicule. Your never be happy because the moment a fresh wave of state dependents are on poverty's door your be complaining about the other lot who are getting a so called free ride.

What we need in this country is more empowerment to show people that they can have a job, they can be earning £400 a week by 2020 and they don't spend the rest of their lives buying value foods.

And I'm not talking about owning a home. I am talking about rent's.

It seems to be that you blame your sister for the current land prices in this country. That is exactly what Owen Jones talks about when he demonstrates that the blame for the recession is passed down though class war from one person to another to blame those who are the least financial independent.

The reason why land is so expensive is because we have had a habit in this country ever since 1980 to inflate the cost of house prices and take more and more social housing into private ownership. The result is demand exceeds supply and prices increase like wild fire.

Did you know that 375 Billion Pounds was printed by the Bank of England and put into the stock market which increased the richest peoples assets by 20%? That was 5 years worth of Pension payments going to the richest people in this country? You know the bankers who caused the crisis?

But the bankers who didn't know the Collateral Debt Obligations where Trojan Horses where the victims right so surely they deserve that 375 Billion after they got bailed out?

But you still think your sister is to blame.

Lets talk about your Sister. I want to know about this women who gets so much class war that she is worse than the Canary Wharf Bandits.

How much she getting in benefits? I want to know the names of the welfare she is getting.
Original post by Bill_Gates
You don't need capital for a bucket and sponge - £1 per window. Then you can get a lawn mower and a hedge trimmer, then a shovel for landscaping, then learn plastering/tiling etc.

EASY.

Alright then Bill go make a you tube channel right now. Bucket & Sponge to £50,000 revenue a year. Go on then. Prove it!
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Alright then Bill go make a you tube channel right now. Bucket & Sponge to £50,000 revenue a year. Go on then. Prove it!

WHAT?! who said anything about 50k!? love how you set the threshold so high as you know i could easily get the average income over time!
WHAT?! who said anything about 50k!? love how you set the threshold so high as you know i could easily get the average income over time!

20k revenue then. off u pop
20k revenue then. off u pop

20k revenue would be EASY!
20k revenue would be EASY!

Go on then haven't you got some scrubbing to be doing.

I think I have scared the OP away from his own thread. Dam. Ah well back to Politics section I go.
(edited 8 years ago)
Go on then haven't you got some scrubbing to be doing.

I think I have scared the OP away from his own thread. Dam. Ah well back to Politics section I go.

Hear hear

Like i would be disappointed with "scrubbing" at least it's an honest wage and not living off the back of others. I would happily do it.
Ideally there should be no benefits at all.
Original post by ineedtorevise127
The problem in this country especially is the 'I am alright Jack attitude." Fair play to people who have gone on to say be millionaires, earn six figures etc... But that does not give you the right to look down on others. Situations differ fact. You are telling me that someone who got abused as a kid has the same opportunity as someone who had a normal upbringing? Of course not the latter has less obstacles. Also there are at most 600,000 jobs available now in the UK but the unemployment rate is around 2 million do the math full employment can never be achievable, Actually i would argue that the unemployment rate is much higher because part time and zero hour contract are not always liveable but people have no choice sadly. Another example, look at graduates. Many are working in part time/zero hour positions because it is so damn hard. Some employers don't want to hire graduates because they are overqualified. As for people milking the system that is a minority benefit fraud accounted for so little compared to tax avoidance by big businesses but the people on the right make excuses sometimes saying it is actually 'legal' due to offshore accounts. Does not make it right thought does it?

Plus the full time students who aren;t counted as part of the unemployment figure because they're in education and not entitled to JSA.
Hear hear

Like i would be disappointed with "scrubbing" at least it's an honest wage and not living off the back of others. I would happily do it.

I thought you said you could get by with a sponge and a bucket? Shouldn't you be scrubbing? Time is money. You can't be sat on TSR all day. Cars need cleaning. GO GO GO GO GO!
I thought you said you could get by with a sponge and a bucket? Shouldn't you be scrubbing? Time is money. You can't be sat on TSR all day. Cars need cleaning. GO GO GO GO GO!

Haha. I did my hard work already i started off with £90 aged 15 now my money works for me. I can now sit on TSR all day. No benefits, no hand outs.

Just pure good old hard-work.
Haha. I did my hard work already i started off with £90 aged 15 now my money works for me. I can now sit on TSR all day. No benefits, no hand outs.

Just pure good old hard-work.

I bet your one of those YouTubers who just makes a rant for 10 minutes a day and then spend all day on TSR. Ah well I suppose I'm worse. I just live off my dividends and do nothing all day :biggrin:
I bet your one of those YouTubers who just makes a rant for 10 minutes a day and then spend all day on TSR. Ah well I suppose I'm worse. I just live off my dividends and do nothing all day :biggrin:

Erm nah. I don't share business knowledge btw i'm not a dumb leftie. These dividends you speak of is that the food you have tucked away from preppin?! :u:
Erm nah. I don't share business knowledge btw i'm not a dumb leftie. These dividends you speak of is that the food you have tucked away from preppin?! :u:

Nope.

You should take the prepping seriously though because NASA declared something really controversial last year. They said there is a good amount of evidence that we are drifting into a mini ice age from 2030.

I have took this seriously though. Im looking into creating hydrogen out of algae at the moment and finding a way to integrate this technology into aquaponics technology.

I do have a lot of prepping stuff though. I can live on very little if I choose too.

You've never told me your field anyway. Its not like im going to nick your ideas. You should of got a patent on whatever your working on.
(edited 8 years ago)
Nope.

You should take the prepping seriously though because NASA declared something really controversial last year. They said there is a good amount of evidence that we are drifting into a mini ice age from 2030.

I have took this seriously though. Im looking into creating hydrogen out of algae at the moment and finding a way to integrate this technology into aquaponics technology.

I do have a lot of prepping stuff though. I can live on very little if I choose too.

You've never told me your field anyway. Its not like im going to nick your ideas. You should of got a patent on whatever your working on.

My fields pretty basic but it fills a huge demand. I've made enough now tbh but i'll keep going.
Original post by sw651
Theoretically speaking, they pay VAT on every purchase so with each purchase they are losing a bit more

Which the government is able to spend on public services. Anyone who actually believe the poor are useless is an idiot.
Giving money to poor people is basically an investment into the consumer driven segment of the economy by the government.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Giving money to poor people is basically an investment into the consumer driven segment of the economy by the government.

This is the complete truth.

The people I hate more than anything in the existence of the world, are snobbish lower middle class people who think everything would be solved if we got rid of benefits and immigrants. The daily mail economic class are pure scum.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
If it's so ****ING EASY to be on benefits, why aren't you? If life is so good and benefits are enough to live on why doesn't everyone go on benefits?

Because not everyone wants to be sat at home every day being a lazy ****?! Some people take pride in their lives and work for their money instead of sponging off the state because they are too lazy to get up every morning and work

Latest

Trending

Trending