The Student Room Group

I am actually scared of ISIS now

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Yes, the 7/7 attacks. Source for the fact they were muslims?

Are you serious?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/05/london_blasts/investigation/html/bombers.stm
Original post by Dheorl
No. Jesus, learn to read...

"They commit very public crimes, leave desecrated bodies around, with the aim of spreading fear through a population to increase their influence and make the establishment appear weak."

That quote is taken from my very first post. There's a giant chasm between what the cartels do and a simple mugging.

violent acts cause scary reputations and situations though. how is a drug cartel different in its consequence of terror than a bar room fight when there are people observing it?

Yes, I hadn't read into it - hence why I asked for a source. Fair enough.
Reply 63
Original post by sleepysnooze
violent acts cause scary reputations and situations though. how is a drug cartel different in its consequence of terror than a bar room fight when there are people observing it?

Because the drug cartels carry out the acts in the way they do specifically to spread a fear of their organisation, not just as a by product.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
The beheading videos weren't enough to scare you? Well, you're hard to please aren't you?

Yeah, like being scared of them is a new thing?

Like many bullying, violent outfits, they are less scary when stood up to and confronted with force. We are going to have to get used to dealing with Muslims living amongst us that they have succeeded in influencing to commit outrageous acts though. That's the really bad part of all this. Stopping them will become a pretty routine thing and we will have to accept that sometimes they will get through. We desperately need a whole new approach to how Muslims are educated and live amongst the rest of us in the UK and Europe generally though.
muslims sure do like blowing stuff up, huh?

Everyone just ignore this fool.
According to the MI5 the current international terrorism threat level is "SEVERE", which means an attack is highly likely. But if you're a Londoner, you're more likely to die riding a bike in the city. So relax lol
Original post by BookBird
It's okay, Linda will save us.

lol made me giggle
Original post by Dheorl
Because the drug cartels carry out the acts in the way they do specifically to spread a fear of their organisation, not just as a by product.

not necessarily - drug cartels exist to stop other dealers dealing in competition with them. they don't terrorise the community (e.g. citizens who don't pose a threat). only certain groups. "terrorists" (e.g. jihadists) terrorise the entire community.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
According to the MI5 the current international terrorism threat level is "SEVERE", which means an attack is highly likely. But if you're a Londoner, you're more likely to die riding a bike in the city. So relax lol

'But if you're a Londoner....' omg made me laugh hard!! :biggrin:
Original post by RulesforRadicals
The one key thing to take from this is that there is no negotiating with these people.

Switzerland is a very peaceful country, does not ever invade or bomb Muslim lands but there were still targeted for death and destruction.

It's not ISIS we should be negotiating with, it's Saudi Arabia.

The best way to deal with ISIS is to break our oil addiction a long time ago.
Reply 71
not necessarily - drug cartels exist to stop other dealers dealing in competition with them. they don't terrorise the community (e.g. citizens who don't pose a threat). only certain groups. "terrorists" (e.g. jihadists) terrorise the entire community.

Really? I would have said they only terrorise those who oppose them, funnily enough much as drug cartels do.
Original post by ivybridge
No, terrorists do.

Terrorists sure love being Muslims, don't they?
Original post by h.dan
You're just using prime sources of media actually, i.e. the news, a limited amount of websites etc.

I've actually done some extensive research towards the subject and have had a look at other people's opinions towards such terrorist attacks and the oppression of Muslims in society.

You're really living up to your profile name mate. Sleepy snooze is what you are, you've not taken a large enough interest in the matter to come up with a suitable argument that is even slightly valid. Yes, terrorists are Muslims. No, not ALL terrorists are Muslims.

And by the way, you've shot yourself in both feet. This is an actual study with regards to terrorist attacks in the US from 1980-2005.

You seriously need to look into the situation more before opening your mouth as everything that you are saying here is just void.

Those are just terrorist attacks in America. I'm fairly sure if it was for the rest of the world it would be very different.
Original post by KingBradly
Terrorists sure love being Muslims, don't they?

That doesn't even make sense. Terrorists are not inherently Muslim.
Original post by G8D
Negged.

Are you in denial? The IRA etc. were muslims? Okay, I believe you...
muslims sure do like blowing stuff up, huh?

Suck my dick
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Are you in denial? The IRA etc. were muslims? Okay, I believe you...

The Free French were a government in exile, not terrorists. Israel is a sovereign state.
Original post by Killerstruggling
Suck my dick

Are you inviting a non-believer to engage in homosexual acts with you? What does Islam say about that?
You're more likely to be killed by the police than ISIS. Government and media like to manipulate small crisis' to their advantage it's not an actual threat. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending