The Student Room Group

Capital punishment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by honey55497
z\um not talking abour drugs im tlking somthing like murder and rape

You think killing someone is the answer? Does that make us any better than the person who committed the crime?
Reply 101
his understanding is good prisons are there once they are released they go back to their idea and why do they deserve prison becuase in priosin u dnt get tortured ur just stuck there thats not really a kind of punishment what about them killing innocent peoples lives

Do you think prison is a luxury? You clearly aren't British if your prisons are a luxury
No.
Original post by Joshale
doing so would be an act of defence, a warning to others, guarantee if it took place that crimes would fall drastically

Firstly, as the U.S. has demonstrated that capital punishment doesn't work as well as a deterrent as other forms of punishment such as life imprisonment, I see no reason why torturing someone first would work any better. They try and make it humane over there, but most forms of execution are still pretty gruelling. Secondly, innocent people are occasionally convicted of heinous crimes. What kind of a legal system - what kind of a country - occasionally tortures its own innocent civilians? Thirdly, your argument rests on the idea that the ends justify the means, which they don't.
his understanding is good prisons are there once they are released they go back to their idea and why do they deserve prison becuase in priosin u dnt get tortured ur just stuck there thats not really a kind of punishment what about them killing innocent peoples lives

'His' understanding? You're the same person; the poor spelling and grammar was a dead give away.

The reason you don't get tortured in prison is because we live in Britain, not Saudi Arabia. The purpose of prison isn't to punish people

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Underscore__
Your argument makes no sense. You evidently have zero understanding of the point of prisons; they aren't there to make people suffer, they're there to rehabilitate people.

How many serial killers do you believe are released from prison in the UK each year? Who are you to assess another persons mental health?

Posted from TSR Mobile

. My entire argument could be i'm for capital punishment because I like the color pink or orange and i would still stand by it. But thanks for pointing it out!
What's your argument? :wink:

If someone murdered my love one I wouldn't be waste my time on rehabilitating them. If serial killer murdered 10 or more people I wouldn't want them released back into society.

I don't know. I'm not living in the UK. Just cuz someone is messed up or evil doesn't make em mentally ill. Its easier to throw someone in the psych ward because it is unbelievable a human being could brutally kill another human being. At the end of the day they should accept the consequences of their actions instead hiding behind the "I'm not well" act.

Me? Oh not a professional, that's for sure. But the whole, "it wasn't me! It was my evil twin brother" doesn't work for me.
Yes
Original post by sw651
Do you think prison is a luxury? You clearly aren't British if your prisons are a luxury

i live in London England ok and ik how they r they dnt punish u as u are meant to be punished
Original post by Macy1998
. My entire argument could be i'm for capital punishment because I like the color pink or orange and i would still stand by it. But thanks for pointing it out!
What's your argument? :wink:

If someone murdered my love one I wouldn't be waste my time on rehabilitating them. If serial killer murdered 10 or more people I wouldn't want them released back into society.

I don't know. I'm not living in the UK. Just cuz someone is messed up or evil doesn't make em mentally ill. Its easier to throw someone in the psych ward because it is unbelievable a human being could brutally kill another human being. At the end of the day they should accept the consequences of their actions instead hiding behind the "I'm not well" act.

Me? Oh not a professional, that's for sure. But the whole, "it wasn't me! It was my evil twin brother" doesn't work for me.

You evidently have no understanding of criminal justice. If someone was convicted of murdering ten people there is no way they'd be released from prison. You seem to be having trouble understanding that life imprisonment is the automatic sentence for murder, people aren't only executed or released.

Where have you got this impression from that murders are put into psychiatric hospitals on a regular basis? The vast majority of murderers are deemed fit to stand trial and put in prison not psychiatric hospitals.

Your argument for capital punishment essentially hinges on the childish notion of personal revenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i live in London England ok and ik how they r they dnt punish u as u are meant to be punished

In a civilized society where taking another persons life is murder no matter who does it prisons are used to protect the public from the offender and or to rehabilitate. It is not a punishment persa although prison is a punishing place to be in I am sure. Revenge is a very base motivation although a natural one. It us better to forgive but don't forget
Reply 110

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your English skills are so poor I doubt you are from here. And sorry you are so regressive and stupid that you think torture and murder are good ideas. And how would you know, have you been to prison?
Original post by sw651
Posted from TSR Mobile

Your English skills are so poor I doubt you are from here. And sorry you are so regressive and stupid that you think torture and murder are good ideas. And how would you know, have you been to prison?

i know becuase i know people who have been to prison especialaly from am relatives and why u getting rude becuase my intention wasnt to be rude
Original post by Federerr
I'm a muslim, and the way your going about proving your point is disgusting... People like you who are 'possibly' educated about the matter of islam are simply really 'uneducated' in terms of portraying your views. You don't say whatever your thinking, regardless if your angry. Think about what you speak and check if it makes any sense. People like you are why many people of today have the views they have of islam...

what kind of views
Reply 113
i know becuase i know people who have been to prison especialaly from am relatives and why u getting rude becuase my intention wasnt to be rude

I severely doubt that because your view of prison is so distorted. And I am being rude because you aren't accepting anyone's else's viewpoint.
Original post by sw651
I severely doubt that because your view of prison is so distorted. And I am being rude because you aren't accepting anyone's else's viewpoint.

clearly i did not say that i am accepting peoples viewpoint but i also want them to see mine and i just want to knw more about other ppl who disagrees with capital punishment but looking at religion clarly i belive to forgive and forget
Reply 115
clearly i did not say that i am accepting peoples viewpoint but i also want them to see mine and i just want to knw more about other ppl who disagrees with capital punishment but looking at religion clarly i belive to forgive and forget

Firstly *I *people's * know *people *clearly *believe.

Read your last point. You are saying you believe in capital punishment, now you are saying to forgive and forget. If you are religious then you will know that most scriptures say to let someone die naturally and God will then judge them.
Original post by sw651
Firstly *I *people's * know *people *clearly *believe.

Read your last point. You are saying you believe in capital punishment, now you are saying to forgive and forget. If you are religious then you will know that most scriptures say to let someone die naturally and God will then judge them.

ofcourse i said taht about my opinion but looking at a religious prespective i gotta accept this
Reply 117
ofcourse i said taht about my opinion but looking at a religious prespective i gotta accept this

So basically you admit you dont even believe that your opinion is right, because some made up God says its wrong. You are so blinded by this fantasy world you have made up! And please write in proper English.
Original post by Underscore__
You evidently have no understanding of criminal justice. If someone was convicted of murdering ten people there is no way they'd be released from prison. You seem to be having trouble understanding that life imprisonment is the automatic sentence for murder, people aren't only executed or released.

Where have you got this impression from that murders are put into psychiatric hospitals on a regular basis? The vast majority of murderers are deemed fit to stand trial and put in prison not psychiatric hospitals.

Your argument for capital punishment essentially hinges on the childish notion of personal revenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its true. I have no knowledge on how the system works. Childish? Well I am childish. I deny nothing there. :colondollar:
I heard of serial killers that butcher their victims, ate em, and/or raped them for the fun of it. If my family member left the world that way, and took more lives to count on 10 fingers then yes. Its natural for me or any victim's family member to be revengeful. My argument is based on empathy.

I appreciate your side your argument though. I would of liked it better if you did before in your first reply to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Macy1998
Its true. I have no knowledge on how the system works. Childish? Well I am childish. I deny nothing there. :colondollar:
I heard of serial killers that butcher their victims, ate em, and/or raped them for the fun of it. If my family member left the world that way, and took more lives to count on 10 fingers then yes. Its natural for me or any victim's family member to be revengeful. My argument is based on empathy.

I appreciate your side your argument though. I would of liked it better if you did before in your first reply to me.

Well if you agree with the idea of revenge being legally sanctioned should France just indiscriminately kill Muslims in revenge for a group of Muslims indiscriminately killing Parisians?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending