The Student Room Group

Only women should be slut shamed?

I have been told, apparently women should be shamed for decided to do with whatever she pleases with her body, despite the fact that she is participating in sex and is over 18+

-Seriously, what is the difference between a women having sex and a male having sex with different people? Why is it looked so differently?

I have been arguing with these two guys for ages and they are trying to convince me they are both different things

-Sigh.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no
Pretty sure this thread was around the other day.
It's just banter relax
Original post by xobeauty
Only brown people would say something so stupid like that.

No double standard here. Everyone's a whore. And can I say people who over the age of 25+ should not be slut shamed grown people can do grown up things.

Lol?
Doing something just because it gives you pleasure is degenerate and is a sureway to collapse a family, a society, a nation.

Guys who are hedonists should be shamed too. For example, fathers with bastard children, unmarried fathers, divorced fathers, fathers with constant relationship issues- they cannot be taken to be serious people by others and should be shamed.
Original post by SterlingArcher
Lol?

Guys can get away with anything. But girls have to act a certain way.

It sounded like you were being racist.
Original post by jshep000
It's just banter relax

Shut up Jack.
It sounded like you were being racist.

I'm half brown, speaking from experience

Exactly. Otherwise its unladylike and not attractive.
I'm half brown, speaking from experience

Hm.
Original post by heineken
Exactly. Otherwise its unladylike and not attractive.

Guys get frowned upon now a days tbh.
Original post by greatguy149
Shut up Jack.

shut it UBI
Reply 14
Original post by loveleest
I have been told, apparently women should be shamed for decided to do with whatever she pleases with her body, despite the fact that she is participating in sex and is over 18+

-Seriously, what is the difference between a women having sex and a male having sex with different people? Why is it looked so differently?

I have been arguing with these two guys for ages and they are trying to convince me they are both different things

-Sigh.

Ugh I feel you. The amount of times I've seen my pretty, self assured friends be called sluts/slags compared to guys who do exactly the same thing be called 'players' and 'lads' sickens me.People should be able to do whatever the **** they want and that includes women because- shocker- we live in the 21st century.
Reply 15
Slut shaming doesn't exist.
Generally I find those that slut shame are the sort that don't get many offers of easy sex.
Original post by loveleest

-Sigh.

I agree. It is ridiculous.

There is still an expectation in society for women to be well behaved and 'ladylike'.

Men can be lads, vomit everywhere, shag anything that moves. 'That's just what men do'.

If a woman does this her value as a person is seen to decrease.
Hm.

Ok? Hm back at ya.
It should never be anything to be shamed over as long as you're consenting and over 18 you can do what you like with other consenting adults, it's certainly nothing to be embarrassed about and even if it were, all genders would be 'guilty'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending