The Student Room Group

Feminist reaction to kesha contract trial shows why it's scary to be accused of rape.

The feminist and what seems like general female reaction on social media to the Kesha music contract trial shows to me just how scary it is to be a men and be accused of rape. Most of these women who's words I have read on social media sites are simply supporting Kesha's rape claim just because she's a female basically they wish this record producer Dr Luke to be found guilty just because of one woman's word and trial by social media and I guess everytime a female say's something it must be true. The Salem Witch trials clearly have been forgotten about and any other false accusation of another from a woman in the past. I have only seen maybe 1-3 opposing views supporting the accused from women from over 100 messages on social media so it's quite shocking. All I see mostly is an outcry of '' omg how shocking the men attacking females again'' type responses.

Take note that the Kesha contract trial is not even about rape, it's about Kesha trying to get out of a contract with the Sony music label.

For some reason maybe I am wrong Kesha has not taken this alleged rapist to court for rape instead taking him to court to get out of a contract. So I believe it is reasonable to assume that perhaps she could be telling lies to get out of this contract.

In my view I side with the courts ruling on this, the contract should stand and if Kesha claims to have been raped/sexually assaulted and can prove it, take it to a court of law and go through a trial for that not for a contract.

What is your view on the matter?

Note I have tried not to be sexist to females here and I do not believe the above is , it is simply stating my experience in reading the general response to this contract trial and the general response I have seen is mostly female and supporting of Kesha.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Kesha is a dreadful name. I think her mother should be tried in court.
It's really more demonstrative of how scary it is to accuse someone of rape.

What proof is she supposed to present? Eyewitness accounts? CCTV footage? DNA swabs to try and find forensic evidence for a crime that allegedly happened a decade ago?

She can't, she knows she can't, and you know she can't. And if everything she said were 100% true, she still couldn't. People like you think this means it is "reasonable" to accuse her of lying.
Reply 3
Original post by SmashConcept
It's really more demonstrative of how scary it is to accuse someone of rape.

What proof is she supposed to present? Eyewitness accounts? CCTV footage? DNA swabs to try and find forensic evidence for a crime that allegedly happened a decade ago?

She can't, she knows she can't, and you know she can't. And if everything she said were 100% true, she still couldn't. People like you think this means it is "reasonable" to accuse her of lying.

I am so sorry that courts of law work on evidence and logic, there is not much I can do for you. Perhaps you wish for a men's reputation and a contract to be ended simply on the basis of one persons words that I cannot agree with.

You are a great example of what I have been seeing in social media sites from Kesha supporters, some even bringing up conspiracy theories like the illuminati.

Also take note she has not taken him to court for rape but a contract, that should be an indicator to you of what's most important to Kesha. It should also ring alarm bells in your brain if you think logically.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
How about the fact that Ke$ha is still forced to work with her rapist after being called a liar show how very scary it is for rape victims to come out about their traumatic experiences
Reply 5
Original post by hunihuni
How about the fact that Ke$ha is still forced to work with her rapist after being called a liar show how very scary it is for rape victims to come out about their traumatic experiences

First of all it has not been proved that he raped her , its simply her words so once again you have continued to support one persons words.

Second of all Sony is not forcing her to work with the producer she has accused.

''Sony has offered to let her work with another producer, but Kesha said she fears the company won’t promote her music as heavily if she’s not working with Gottwald, their biggest hitmaker.''

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/kesha-sobs-judge-denies-sony-records-injunction-request-article-1.2537490

If only Kesha supporters bothered to do a little bit of reading around, it's not very hard to inform yourself.
Original post by Mancini
I am so sorry that courts of law work on evidence and logic, there is not much I can do for you. Perhaps you wish for a men's reputation and a contract to be ended simply on the basis of one persons words that I cannot agree with.

You are a great example of what I have been seeing in social media sites from Kesha supporters, some even bringing up conspiracy theories like the illuminati.

It's funny, literally all I've done is not immediately accuse a possible rape victim of lying. That's it. That's absolutely the only thing I've said in the threads on this subject. I haven't claimed the judge here made a mistake, I haven't said the producer should be in prison, or sacked, or financially harmed in any way. I haven't advocated vigilante justice or harassment. All I've said is that a woman claims to have been raped, and people shouldn't immediately call her a liar.

Yet from the responses I've been getting from that you'd think I'd threatened to murder kittens or something.

Also take note she has not taken him to court for rape but a contract, that should be an indicator to you of what's most important to Kesha. It should also ring alarm bells if you think logically.

Take note that you don't know how to think logically. Kesha knows full well she can't bring a criminal case against someone for something that happened this long ago with no witnesses or other evidence. She also knows that she would be publically berated for doing so, by people like you hiding behind keyboards. So she is using the legal system to try to get into a situation where she can do her job without having to work for a company that she believes partners with her rapist. That probably is what's important to Kesha, but it doesn't ring alarm bells because it's a very rational thing to do.
Reply 7
It's funny, literally all I've done is not immediately accuse a possible rape victim of lying. That's it. That's absolutely the only thing I've said in the threads on this subject. I haven't claimed the judge here made a mistake, I haven't said the producer should be in prison, or sacked, or financially harmed in any way. I haven't advocated vigilante justice or harassment. All I've said is that a woman claims to have been raped, and people shouldn't immediately call her a liar.

Yet from the responses I've been getting from that you'd think I'd threatened to murder kittens or something.

Take note that you don't know how to think logically. Kesha knows full well she can't bring a criminal case against someone for something that happened this long ago with no witnesses or other evidence. She also knows that she would be publically berated for doing so, by people like you hiding behind keyboards. So she is using the legal system to try to get into a situation where she can do her job without having to work for a company that she believes partners with her rapist. That probably is what's important to Kesha, but it doesn't ring alarm bells because it's a very rational thing to do.

I have not actually chose to hide behind my keyboard , I am not a keyboard warrior, I could have chosen to post this under anon and hid away from the possible illogical rampant feminist reaction. Instead you can see my name Mancini. The legal system in this case has worked fairly and I agree with it, it's not everyday I agree with an American courts legal system.

Really truth is that this is just going to become another social media type event for feminists to band together with no logic just another spectacle to band together.

If you feminists really care about Kesha and support her please put your money where your mouth and set up a funding account and put your good money in it to buy Kesha out of her contract. Do something that really shows you care , show me an action instead of just mumbling and bashing buttons on your keyboard! You feminists love these events so it should be fun for you, maybe even go and protest outside so we can see your lovely faces on screen.

It's so sad the lack of logic on show with modern feminists it's very sad, really I should be happy because it further destroys this group taking away any credibility they have.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
I have not actually chose to hide behind my keyboard , I am not a keyboard warrior, I could have chosen to post this under anon and hid away from the possible illogical rampant feminist reaction. Instead you can see my name Mancini. The legal system in this case has worked fairly and I agree with it, it's not everyday I agree with an American courts legal system.

Really truth is that this is just going to become another social media type event for feminists to band together with no logic just another spectacle to band together.

If you feminists really care about Kesha and support her please put your money where your mouth and set up a funding account and put your good money in it to buy Kesha out of her contract. Do something that really shows you care , show me an action instead of just mumbling and bashing buttons on your keyboard! You feminists love these events so it should be fun for you, maybe even go and protest outside so we can see your lovely faces on screen.

It's so sad the lack of logic on show with modern feminists it's very sad, really I should be happy because it further destroys this group taking away any credibility they have.

You don't appear to have read anything I actually said so I'll just leave this here.
Reply 9
You don't appear to have read anything I actually said so I'll just leave this here.

I read it and it further demonstrated your ignorance lol I do not need to respond to it and I have already previously responded to your illogical gibberish, so you understand my thoughts but you feel free to keep typing lol.
#freekesha
Reply 11
I have been told I have twisted views as I have said it is innocent until proven guilty.
Apparently that means I defend rapists
Reply 12
Original post by Camoron
Feminists truly are one of the most dangerous groups in the world. Personally I put them on the same level as ISIS. It only takes them to lie and before you know it they have the media **** your life up and drive you to near suicide

They are definitely dangerous , they seem to be a socially accepted brand of terrorism for some reason. I do not understand why we as a society accept them.

Oh I know because they hide behind the ''dictionary definition'' that's it, they are truly great magicians hoodwinking society to believe they hold any legitimacy. Houdini himself could not even do this.
Reply 13
Original post by joecphillips
I have been told I have twisted views as I have said it is innocent until proven guilty.
Apparently that means I defend rapists

You are a filthy rape apologist according the feminists, if you choose to use your logic and come to a different conclusion.
I'm not saying it happened and I'm not saying it didn't but I can't figure out what Ke$ha's motive would be for lying about this...
Reply 15
Original post by Mancini
They are definitely dangerous , they seem to be a socially accepted brand of terrorism for some reason. I do not understand why we as a society accept them.

Oh I know because they hide behind the ''dictionary definition'' that's it, they are truly great magicians hoodwinking society to believe they hold any legitimacy. Houdini himself could not even do this.

The greatest enemy of feminism is logic and common sense...oh and don't forget contradiction. The very group that campaigned and still campaigns against Christianity will not even mention the word Islam unless to defend it.
Original post by Mancini
You are a filthy rape apologist according the feminists, if you choose to use your logic and come to a different conclusion.

What is it with this site and feminists? EVERYTHING that goes wrong in the world is apparently the fault of feminism. You're all just itching for any woman claiming rape to be proved wrong even if you know full well it actually happened, lmfao.
Reply 17
Original post by Mancini

When they are struggling they always break out the personal accusations, because I disagree with a lot of what they say I am a dirty twisted sexist rape apologist and should have my necked snapped.
Reply 18
Original post by ivybridge
What is it with this site and feminists? EVERYTHING that goes wrong in the world is apparently the fault of feminism. You're all just itching for any woman claiming rape to be proved wrong even if you know full well it actually happened, lmfao.

Personally I disagree with a lot of the stuff they come out with, when it comes to rape a lot of them are willing to convict on accusations and tears alone.
People talking about how 'Making a Murderer' shows that the Justice System is BS and doesn't value concepts like fair trials, evidence, or the phrase 'beyond reasonable doubt' - let's use that exact same standard for Kesha, shall we?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending