The Student Room Group

Feminists Vs Islam (women are disrespected in islam?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Stefan*
That is completely irrelevant. I gave you an author who IS known among religious scholars, and you gave me "most scholars say". So for you to make fun of my source is a bit rich.

But that aside, why shouldn't we? Because they disagree with your faith? LOOOL.

I don't agree with them because I have other sources that prove that the andrew;s guys claims are through his backside.

https://carm.org/when-were-gospels-written-and-whom
Original post by champ_mc99
What I meant was, if there is evidence that Jesus was crucified, then that can still comply with the Islamic teaching right? Because instead of Jesus, the imposter was crucified. There's no historical evidence proving whether the one crucified was an impostor or Jesus himself.

So this might give evidence of the crucifiction and reserrection (or ascendence in the Qur'an), but what about the historical evidence where you say Jesus claimed to be the son of God, or where he wanted to be worshipped?

The historical evidence is in the resurrection because the disciples believed that Jesus was truly God when they saw the resurrection of Christ and that payprus from 175AD in the book of 2 peter calls Jesus my lord and my God.

Obviously the jews wouldn't call Jesus their God if they didn't see him resurrect.

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/historical-evidence-for-the-resurrection
Original post by Al-farhan
Uhh, a question Zinnan:
Every time you get banned will you change the number after the #, if that is the case is this dupe no.7?!

I'm here to argue about theology, and not the reason i get frequently banned.

Even though the primary reason is because I'm too critical of Islam.
Original post by SuperStar#7
I don't agree with them because I have other sources that prove that the andrew;s guys claims are through his backside.

https://carm.org/when-were-gospels-written-and-whom

There are sources and then there are sources. If you think that a website called "Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry" is reliable over a scholar who wrote a peer-reviewed book, you simply have no idea of how this works.

Perhaps you'll find out the difference once you go to uni.
I'm here to argue about theology, and not the reason i get frequently banned.

Even though the primary reason is because I'm too critical of Islam.

Dem, muslamicsz mods and their ban-ray gunz :fuhrer:
He is been banned several times.
I have no issues with him believing whatever he wants to believe, but it is just when you engage with him, it goes off the rails real quick and discussion turns sour quicker than i have ever seen it with anyone before.

I got first-hand experience of that now...
There are sources and then there are sources. If you think that a website called "Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry" is reliable over a scholar who wrote a peer-reviewed book, you simply have no idea of how this works.

Perhaps you'll find out the difference once you go to uni.

Read that and accept defeat.

I'll admit you did make some half decent points.

But losing an argument to me isn't something new or something to be ashamed off.

http://lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who-is-jesus/jesus-resurrection/
Dem, muslamicsz mods and their ban-ray gunz :fuhrer:

Was that supposed to be funny?
Was that supposed to be funny?

Yeah
:getmecoat:

But losing an argument to me isn't something new or something to be ashamed off.

Master debater 2016!
The historical evidence is in the resurrection because the disciples believed that Jesus was truly God when they saw the resurrection of Christ and that payprus from 175AD in the book of 2 peter calls Jesus my lord and my God.

Obviously the jews wouldn't call Jesus their God if they didn't see him resurrect.

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/historical-evidence-for-the-resurrection

Yeah I didn't really understand that. Ok let's say there is evidence of the resurrection, I get that. But there was no actual historical evidence of Jesus claiming to be the Son of God, right?

Bad language dude :nope:
Original post by HAnwar
I never said you couldn't.

Same goes to you. But tbh it wasn't much of an argument, just you commenting 'don't tell me this', 'don't tell me that'.

Anyways night.

Absolutely, since you cannot tell me anything. if I've said I disagree with inheritence laws of Islam, that's pretty obvious that I know the reasoning behind it.

And may I say that I have no issue with you on a personal level at all, but I just didn't like how you worded that question of yours.

I'm sorry but I didn't pick up on any untowards tone in H's post, other than a legitimate question in any discussion.
It is clear though you have an issue with her that had not been caused by her post.
You could have just said yes I have read..etc and this is what I think........etc

'bothered' and I would suggest you to read my post that I quoted you last in again.

LOL I do not wish to talk to people who bring up assumptions. I don't have any issues with her as of that sort rather her ridiculous defensive attitude here.

yes absolutely, I could have said that but I cannot stand such defensive attitude. But then she could have just said 'do you know the reasoning behind it?' instead of assuming I haven't 'bothered' to know the reasoning. If I'm saying that inheritence laws of Islam put me off Islam, then that is clear that I have read them and i know the reasoning behind it.
(edited 8 years ago)

Is that what you always say? To feel confident? Let me rephrase that for you:"losing an argument for me isn't something new or something I should be ashamed off.". Here ya go :smile:

This is even worse - an unemployed guy called Peter Hawkins wrote an article about what HE thinks.

You desperately need university accommodation. My goodness.
Original post by champ_mc99
Yeah I didn't really understand that. Ok let's say there is evidence of the resurrection, I get that. But there was no actual historical evidence of Jesus claiming to be the Son of God, right?

The Gospel book like Matthew, Luke and Mark which were written about 20 years after the death of Christ and the Book of John which was written around the time of Christ are historical evidences of Jesus claiming to be the son of God.
Original post by BrokenLife
Absolutely, since you cannot tell me anything. if I've said I disagree with inheritence laws of Islam, that's pretty obvious that I know the reasoning behind it.

And may I say that I have no issue with you on a personal level at all, but I just didn't like how you worded that question of yours.

'bothered' and I would suggest you to read my post that I quoted you last in again.

LOL I do not wish to talk to people who bring up assumptions. I don't have any issues with her as of that sort rather her ridiculous defensive attitude here.

yes absolutely, I could have said that but I cannot stand such defensive attitude. If I'm saying that inheritence laws of Islam put me off Islam, then that is clear that I have read them and i know the reasoning behind it.

I also have read it, and I respectfully disagree.
Do you mind me asking why you disagree or what your issues might be with those laws?
The Gospel book like Matthew, Luke and Mark which were written about 20 years after the death of Christ and the Book of John which was written around the time of Christ are historical evidences of Jesus claiming to be the son of God.

What makes the gospels a historical document?!
Is that what you always say? To feel confident? Let me rephrase that for you:"losing an argument for me isn't something new or something I should be ashamed off.". Here ya go :smile:

This is even worse - an unemployed guy called Peter Hawkins wrote an article about what HE thinks.

You desperately need university accommodation. My goodness.

What exactly is your point?

That Jesus might have existed but didn't preach him being a deity on earth?

So why was he persecuted and executed?

Are you gonna say that never happened to?
What makes the gospels a historical document?!

Because they were written about 20 years after the death of Jesus Christ and the authentic manuscripts Christians have show that the gospel message written then is the exact same thing we have now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending