The Student Room Group

Feminists Vs Islam (women are disrespected in islam?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperStar#7
Can we continue this tomorrow?

:rofl:

You know - if you're tired, you're free to simply not reply.

There's nothing else to say - it's evident.
Original post by *Stefan*
:rofl:

You know - if you're tired, you're free to simply not reply.

There's nothing else to say - it's evident.

i still have a lot to say to your little mind.

i'm just tired and need to shower, got a big day tomorrow
i still have a lot to say to your little mind.

i'm just tired and need to shower, got a big day tomorrow

My little mind has defeated you again and again - you don't have anything else to say. I wasn't taking this seriously anyway, since you used as evidence an unemployed guy. LOL.
My little mind has defeated you again and again - you don't have anything else to say. I wasn't taking this seriously anyway, since you used as evidence an unemployed guy. LOL.

At-least i know what Jesus meant about his reference to the cup.
At-least i know what Jesus meant about his reference to the cup.

Can you please use your brain?

I said that, EVEN IF WE ACCEPT WHAT YOU SAID, it changes nothing. Good lord.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Allah Ackbar!

Women are perfectly equal to men in Islam.. look at these Palestinian women joining their brothers throwing stones at Israelis

HOW BARBARIC OMG?! How dare they throw stones that is so evil, it's so unfair i mean all israel have done is throw thousands of bombs and unleash all their artillery on Palestine and destroy many, many of peoples lives after lying and stealing their land. Typical muslims right? Always going to extremes by throwing rocks and being suppressed.
It's not a blind defense of Muhammed PBUH

His character was, and is, unlike anything we can understand

Everything can be taken out of context and twisted

I wasn't indoctrinated - I learned about Islam myself and I am an advocate for women's rights
Islam gave women more rights than ever before when it was established, such as the right to vote, to work, to be educated, etc

It's just so sad that women can't drive on the same paths they road their camels on 1400 years ago :frown:
Original post by Beenieeee
Islam gave women more rights than ever before when it was established, such as the right to vote,
this is a new one

care to expand ?
Feminism and Islam are pretty much the same thing: cults.

[video="youtube;ecJUqhm2g08"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJUqhm2g08[/video]
Original post by Squishy•
Muslims have more faith than Christians and this is a factor of the speed at which Islam is growing. It was proven that Muslims are less likely to leave their religion, why is this? Because Islam makes sense and hasn't got a single contradiction, also the Quran has 80% proved correct with the last 20% being ambiguous or unable to be proven as of yet with the scientific advancements.
The miracles of the Quran are too much for me to explain.
Majority of Christians have never been to church in this day and age, they are just called that on record due to the country they're born in. Also the fact that rate at which Islam is growing is due to birth rate: having more children and being a Muslim are two independent things and there is no causal link. You could suggest that the areas in which Islam is abundant correlate with areas where there is a high birth rate but that is also disregarded due to the fact that Hinduism and Sikhism are very abundant also in those areas and the same affect isn't seen there.

Or maybe because apostasy is punishable by death and Muslims are scared of the reaction of parents/friends/the community?

What miracles? There are none

It's estimated that over half of converts leave Islam within the first 3 years..

well, at least we will be spared the usual drivel

thanks
Original post by Dodgypirate
Feminism and Islam are pretty much the same thing: cults.

[video="youtube;ecJUqhm2g08"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJUqhm2g08[/video]

That video is ridiculous and posting its link doesn't prove a thing.
Muslims have more faith than Christians and this is a factor of the speed at which Islam is growing. It was proven that Muslims are less likely to leave their religion, why is this? Because Islam makes sense and hasn't got a single contradiction, also the Quran has 80% proved correct with the last 20% being ambiguous or unable to be proven as of yet with the scientific advancements.
Majority of Christians have never been to church in this day and age, they are just called that on record due to the country they're born in. Also the fact that rate at which Islam is growing is due to birth rate: having more children and being a Muslim are two independent things and there is no causal link. You could suggest that the areas in which Islam is abundant correlate with areas where there is a high birth rate but that is also disregarded due to the fact that Hinduism and Sikhism are very abundant also in those areas and the same affect isn't seen there.

Honestly I will never believe in any organised religion and don't compare one with the other but there are far more Muslim apostates than you think. I grew up being taught that no one leaves Islam, that such a thing would be unimaginable to most Muslims. The fact is that Muslim apostates are far more likely to keep it a secret because so many of them face social isolation, maybe even violence, death in extreme cases. When there are so many consequences for leaving Islam, why would they be open about it? There is also the principle of "enjoining the right and forbidding the wrong", so there would be more pressure on young Muslims to practice their faith from their families and the community. Of all the Muslim kids I grew up with there is a significant number that either left or no longer practice. Two of my sisters are apostates.

Atheism and Agnosticism are the fastest growing beliefs. In comparison Islam does not fair very well and the growth by conversions isn't all that impressive. You can't deny that many Muslim countries tend to have higher birthrates.

The so-called scientific miracles do not really exist and are a fairly recent phenomenon. After nearly 3 years of truth seeking I actually found scientific errors and contradictions in the Quran.
Original post by Bazzel
inb4 'Quran is all about equality'.

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Quran (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it"

Quran (24:31) - Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye.

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."

Quran (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four"
Quran (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names."

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

You've taken the quotes out of context, if you read it in context it means something else.. You should watch the linked video, its informative
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
Honestly I will never believe in any organised religion and don't compare one with the other but there are far more Muslim apostates than you think. I grew up being taught that no one leaves Islam, that such a thing would be unimaginable to most Muslims. The fact is that Muslim apostates are far more likely to keep it a secret because so many of them face social isolation, maybe even violence, death in extreme cases. When there are so many consequences for leaving Islam, why would they be open about it? There is also the principle of "enjoining the right and forbidding the wrong", so there would be more pressure on young Muslims to practice their faith from their families and the community. Of all the Muslim kids I grew up with there is a significant number that either left or no longer practice. Two of my sisters are apostates.

Atheism and Agnosticism are the fastest growing beliefs. In comparison Islam does not fair very well and the growth by conversions isn't all that impressive. You can't deny that many Muslim countries tend to have higher birthrates.

The so-called scientific miracles do not really exist and are a fairly recent phenomenon. After nearly 3 years of truth seeking I actually found scientific errors and contradictions in the Quran.

You have a real interesting story, dude.

Tell me about what's scientifically wrong about the Quran? I ain't one of those desperate dudes that sees the book as a book of science, rather it's genuinely meant to be a book of signs. If you find valid scientific proofs, that's a bonus.

What kinda scientific errors are in there? Sounds interesting. You can PM me as well if you want, dude.
Original post by Eigo-Jin
This thread is supposed to be Islam vs feminism but what I'm seeing is Christianity vs Islam like what? Insulting Christianity does not better Islam.

They just started arguing and then turned it into something else
*sigh*
Original post by Butternuts96

Tell me about what's scientifically wrong about the Quran? I ain't one of those desperate dudes that sees the book as a book of science, rather it's genuinely meant to be a book of signs. If you find valid scientific proofs, that's a bonus.

What kinda scientific errors are in there? Sounds interesting. You can PM me as well if you want, dude.

I've just woken up and am about the start the day but I will get back to you and Squishy on this in a couple of hours :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
Take your own advice and chill.

While it's all good being brought up in a religious family, if rules are forced upon you without any reasoning or explanation then that is a problem. That could be a reason you've distanced yourself from the religion.

i think the reason that they have distanced them-self is because of the way in which islam in incompatible with 21st century western way of life,

Islam only works in the sand lands, not our green and pleasant land.
:facepalm:

You are deluded - that explains it.

You are literally telling me that Jesus is the Son of God because someone who wrote some crap 800 before his birth supposedly guessed what would happen? And not someone who lived immediately after his death? Is this for real?

The fact that you believe he was born from a virgin is also hilarious.

Finally, it's funny that you use some parts of the Bible to support your opinion but dismiss others because they were written by people who oppose what you say. Bias much?

So yeah, "hahaha".

people can be pregnant virgins though, you just have to fap over the vagina and hope it happens.
Original post by Butternuts96

[video="youtube;POJdu4HV-Ng"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJdu4HV-Ng[/video]

:toofunny:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending