The Student Room Group

is it okay for a boy to use self defence during a conflict with a girl?

Fellow students, I am sick of girls that try to act big and start fights with boys, knowing full well that the boy is unlikely to retaliate because of the stigma with patrichal violence.

Watched a video today on a group of girls in America that started picking on a man on the subway. They threw insults at him, stole his hat and stepped on it. They had also began pushing him, shouting at how rude he was for not being quick enough on giving his seat up for a pregnant women. The video showed it all. Not once does this guy retaliate.

Tensions became high when he had said that they were making unnecessary noise on the bus and had walked away towards another seat. The girls followed him. One girl in particular got into his face and had slapped his head repeatedly and his face. No one once intervened. He retaliated and gave this girl one of the juiciest slap I had ever seen. That one slap got the whole subway on a frenzy. One passenger had defended the man whilst others criticised his action. The video ended with girl that had gotten slapped sitting on the chair whilst the boy was in an argument with another passenger.

This is what I don't understand. I am a female student. I do not condone public fighting but I do accept self defence. Girls all want equality but there are many girls that like to choose when equality can be used in certain situations. I believe in wholistic equality not equality whenever it suites me....

My saying goes, if you want to slap somebody, be ready to be slapped back...
What do you guys think about this situation and what are your views on the matter??

Scroll to see replies

This should be interesting...
(edited 7 years ago)
Of course it's okay, if you say otherwise you're sexist
Self defence, of course you have the right to do so regardless of the genders of those involved. Being slapped and then slapping back in retaliation is not self defense though, if the only way to keep yourself safe is violence the that's your only choice but if not, don't act on it. It's not to do with gender though
Reply 4
Original post by hxylxy
Fellow students, I am sick of girls that try to act big and start fights with boys, knowing full well that the boy is unlikely to retaliate because of the stigma with patrichal violence.

Watched a video today on a group of girls in America that started picking on a man on the subway. They threw insults at him, stole his hat and stepped on it. They had also began pushing him, shouting at how rude he was for not being quick enough on giving his seat up for a pregnant women. The video showed it all. Not once does this guy retaliate.

Tensions became high when he had said that they were making unnecessary noise on the bus and had walked away towards another seat. The girls followed him. One girl in particular got into his face and had slapped his head repeatedly and his face. No one once intervened. He retaliated and gave this girl one of the juiciest slap I had ever seen. That one slap got the whole subway on a frenzy. One passenger had defended the man whilst others criticised his action. The video ended with girl that had gotten slapped sitting on the chair whilst the boy was in an argument with another passenger.

This is what I don't understand. I am a female student. I do not condone public fighting but I do accept self defence. Girls all want equality but there are many girls that like to choose when equality can be used in certain situations. I believe in wholistic equality not equality whenever it suites me....

My saying goes, if you want to slap somebody, be ready to be slapped back...
What do you guys think about this situation and what are your views on the matter??

I'd be interested to see what feminists think on this issue, seeing as they are for 'equality for all'.

No doubt it's the male patriarchy to blame if you listen to modern day feminists.
Self defense is always okay hence the term itself
It honestly depends though what I would do
If it's a female I care about I will and I have just let her hit me like whatever
If Idgaf about her well...you can't just hit people and I've received hate and support for retaliating against a raging alpha female with rabies

*If it's a female just screaming in my face I;ll calmly tell her to gtfo out my dace and if she don't chest nudge her back or walk away
I don't fight females for words ridiculous
If it's a bloke different story tbh
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Blondie987
Self defence, of course you have the right to do so regardless of the genders of those involved. Being slapped and then slapping back in retaliation is not self defense though, if the only way to keep yourself safe is violence the that's your only choice but if not, don't act on it. It's not to do with gender though

Huh???
Original post by Blondie987

If a guy had slapped a girl and she slapped him back would you make the same comment?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, it is okay. Why should a guy tolerate some biatch who clearly asks for a punch?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
provided his livelihood is in danger(unlikely)...sure thing i guess.
"self-defense" whereby said self-defense actually translates to "retaliation" isn't. There's a reason why society's so against it. It's intrinsically disturbing to watch a man hit a woman/child/elderly.
Reply 10
Of course. Gender/sex has nothing to do with protecting yourself!
Original post by Omen96
Yes. I recently saw some left winger females at a trump rally spit on trump voters, if a girl spat at me like that I would pull a knife out and stab her in the back of the skull, it's my right

1. No you wouldn't, You'd run straight home and cry on TSR. :cry:

2. If you think that brutal murder in response to being spat on is "your right" then you either need to with haste rent "British law for dummies" from your local library or get yourself sectioned, grandiose delusions are not a good sign.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Of course.
(just do not go over the top)
Original post by 0to100
Huh???

Quite simple. Retaliation is not a form of self-defence, I highly doubt it would stand up in court.
Original post by Twinpeaks
1. No you wouldn't, You'd run straight home and cry on TSR. :cry:

2. If you think that brutal murder in response to being spat on is "your right" then you either need to with haste rent "British law for dummies from your local library" or get yourself sectioned, grandiose delusions are not a good sign.

You know what's funny? If it was someone at an Islamic gathering saying what he was saying, he'd have a very different tune about it :rofl:
Defence is defence. You should prevent someone hitting you and seek to avoid. You are limited to the use of reasonable force.
Of course. Gender is irrelevant, if someone is willing to give it then they should be ready to receive a potential backlash. Shame he didn't kick her in the vagoo as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Twinpeaks
Quite simple. Retaliation is not a form of self-defence, I highly doubt it would stand up in court.

Pretty sure it is , if you're being attacked you need to use force to subdue the attacker , or would you just crouch and take it.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Pretty sure it is , if you're being attacked you need to use force to subdue the attacker , or would you just crouch and take it.

Then that would be self defence, not retaliation. There's a difference between being attacked, and a one of hit.

If someone hit you and showed no intention of repeating that action, hitting back would be retaliation, not self defence. You can't defend a past action.
Yes, (using reasonable force).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending