The Student Room Group

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The person
Well obviously , nothing is exclusive to anything. However, if there was no homosexuality, we wouldn't be in a situation right now where gonorrhoea is becoming resistant to available medicines. Gonorrhoea would've remained relatively easy to treat.

This is absolutely hilarious. The group in the world who carries the most sexually transmitted infections is: the heterosexual populace. We represent around 10%, I think, of the current population of the world. It also isn't the fact we are queer that makes STI's more frequent. It's the fact we're men - men are more sexually promiscuous. This is why you do not see the lesbian demographic with nearly half as many cases of STIs such as HIV.

Promoting equal rights and marriage introduces the gay community into the normal way of life, helping us to move away from the situation we have been in for centuries whereby we've been forced to fulfil our urges in secret, with people we barely know, because it was unsafe for us to be out, comfortable, and happy with who we are and with who we fall in love with.
Original post by ivybridge
Not only am I perfectly calm but I also do not need your permission to speak.

Not only is that line not yours to draw, the assumption that you'll be forced to legalise other forms is hilarious and saying you don't impose anything on us then stating you think we shouldn't have the rights you have, shows how much of a shallow contradiction your life is. Lmfao.

I've honestly never seen or experienced communication with someone so full of themselves and fragile as you appear to be. Wow.

Since when did he talk about giving you permission to speak...?

And this is just my opinion. Am I the prime minister? Am I a law maker? Are you? No. This is a ****ing forum where you post opinions and have a discussion. I'm well aware that it's not my decision you moron.

It's just unfortunate then that you are not the norm. You can freely practice it in your own home though right??????? Aren't you imposing the same and worse on others you hypocrite?

How are you so good at misinterpretation? It's amazing.
Not only am I perfectly calm but I also do not need your permission to speak.

First of all, you weren't calm at all(I think the last sentence sums it all), and secondly, what's with this permission baloney? when did I ban you from speaking wtf?
Let's not escalate this further.
First of all, you weren't calm at all

I'm sitting behind a computer - you can hardly judge my mood. I was calm.
Can't you face reality?

Nah, I think that seat has already been taken by yourself.
This is absolutely hilarious. The group in the world who carries the most sexually transmitted infections is: the heterosexual populace. We represent around 10%, I think, of the current population of the world. It also isn't the fact we are queer that makes STI's more frequent. It's the fact we're men - men are more sexually promiscuous. This is why you do not see the lesbian demographic with nearly half as many cases of STIs such as HIV.

Promoting equal rights and marriage introduces the gay community into the normal way of life, helping us to move away from the situation we have been in for centuries whereby we've been forced to fulfil our urges in secret, with people we barely know, because it was unsafe for us to be out, comfortable, and happy with who we are and with who we fall in love with.

Woah woah woah, back off. I'm not attacking homosexuals or anything. The thread is about why we should ban homosexuality( if there had to be a reason). I simply stated a fact that homosexual relationships have been accelerating the spread of STI's.. It's a FACT. Search it if you don't believe me. Don't be so ignorant.

LGB men are responsible for over 70% of new HIV infections. You know if I'm biased, it's usually in favour of LGBT people.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm sitting behind a computer - you can hardly judge my mood. I was calm.

Ahahaa
Nah, I think that seat has already been taken by yourself.

Yes, I live in reality. You're point?
Reply 89
Other than homophobia, what other reasons are there to ban religion?
Original post by Mactotaur
If you don't back up your claims, nobody should believe them. As with any claims.

I have backed them up. Now it's up to you to make the effort to use GOOGLE.
Original post by JW22

Many
LGB men are responsible for over 70% of new HIV infections. You know if I'm biased, it's usually in favour of LGBT people.

And lesbians?
Original post by JW22

Not all religions are homophobic.
Original post by donutellme
Many

Why would you want to ban religions? What have religious people done? They believe in a higher power( which is fair enough) and they just want to be good people and be peaceful. Why don't you atheists just leave them alone and stop attacking them just because they believe in different things.
Original post by Grand High Witch
And lesbians?

I can't find any specific data, but here's the site I'm using. Feel free to try and find statistics.
Why would you want to ban religions? What have religious people done?

Oh, so many things.

The Crusades - killed almost two million people.
The current radical-Islam string of attacks - killed a lot of people in various bombings.

Even smaller things, like Jehovah's Witness beliefs. As they can't have blood transfusions, people have died because they'd rather stick to their beliefs.

Then there's isolationism. Mormonism is a prime modern example of this. If you leave the church, you're ostracised from your entire family and anyone who knows you.

There's much more.
Why would you want to ban religions? What have religious people done? They believe in a higher power( which is fair enough) and they just want to be good people and be peaceful. Why don't you atheists just leave them alone and stop attacking them just because they believe in different things.

I'm religious.
Oh, so many things.

The Crusades - killed almost two million people.
The current radical-Islam string of attacks - killed a lot of people in various bombings.

Even smaller things, like Jehovah's Witness beliefs. As they can't have blood transfusions, people have died because they'd rather stick to their beliefs.

Then there's isolationism. Mormonism is a prime modern example of this. If you leave the church, you're ostracised from your entire family and anyone who knows you.

There's much more.

Crusades happened a hours and years ago, don't know why you want to ban religion now.
I have to say Islam is a bit weird but I also have to say radical Islam has arisen due to recent wars in the Middle East. (Like America just destroying Iraq for no reason). You could see it as revenge more than anything, not because of the religion Islam itself.
Also, Jehovah's Witness is someone's belief. If that is their belief, then let them do what they want. To you it may seem ridiculous, but to them it's not. You have to respect that and you can't just ban something because you don't agree with it.

I don't know what isolationism is.

Anyway, You mainly just mentioned Christianity and Islam. There are more than 2 religions in the world lol.

I'm a Hindu btw

And that wasn't the point... I acknowledge this.

http://www.tht.org.uk/myhiv/HIV-and-you/Simple-science/Facts-and-figures

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending