The Student Room Group

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
Is marriage natural? Pretty man-made concept don't you think?

In all honesty I do BELEIVE its natural because they were included in some of the first scriptures and seen casual till this very day.
For those arguing that homosexuality does not exist in nature. It does! there are lots of species of animals that have same sex partners or engage in same sex mating. Heres a few examples! (taken from this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals)

Black Swans
An estimated one quarter of black swan parings are homosexual males who steal eggs from nests! And a fun fact: more of their offspring survive into adulthood than those of different sex pairs.

Gulls
10-15% of female western gulls exhibit homosexual behaviour.

Penguins
Penguins have been observed to engage in homosexual behaviour since at least 1911.

Bonobos
Bonobos have a matriarchal society and they are a fully bisexual species! Roughly 60% of all bonobo sexual activity occurs between two or more females.

Bottlenose Dolphins
Have been studied to engage in homosexual behaviour. And it has been argued that they are also bisexual.

Elephants
Male elephants can often be seen to form companionships with each other and live away from the rest of the herd. Same sex relations are common and asian elephants in captivity devote 45% of sexual encounters to same sex activity.

Giraffes
Male giraffes have been observed to engage in high frequencies of homosexual behaviour. Interactions between males have been found to be more frequent than between both sexes!

Lions
Around 8% of mountings occur between two males, but both male and female lions have been seen to interact homosexually.

Sheep
Around 8-10% of rams have an exclusive homosexual orientation and around 18-22% of rams are bisexual.

Theres just a few examples! Click on the wikipedia page for more. So yes, homosexuality is seen frequently amongst many mammals birds, as well as lizards and insects. Although, as a homosexual myself I don't really see that nature has much to do with it, lots of the behaviour humans engage in isn't seen in nature!
Not read through all the posts due to being so many!

Apart from Religion (still a stupid reason in itself) I would say because it is unnatural to some extent. The only reason the human race now has more than 6 billion people wondering around a rock in space is because men and women had sex throughout history. This is also true for many billions of rabbits, horses and cats too! So for the majority of species on the planet, this same pattern emerges, so to call it natural is pretty accurate.

Very primitive species must be some how programmed to mate with the opposite sex.. and they are naturally drawn together like magnets.. otherwise many species would have simply gone extinct, even in the perfect environment.

Now of course humans and some other species are able to choose who they want to be with or mate with.. and if this makes them happy then that's all that matters :smile:
why do we care ? gay people do them, you do you (dnt know if that was meant literally):colondollar:
Original post by Iknowbest

Apart from Religion (still a stupid reason in itself) I would say because it is unnatural to some extent. The only reason the human race now has more than 6 billion people wondering around a rock in space is because men and women had sex throughout history. This is also true for many billions of rabbits, horses and cats too! So for the majority of species on the planet, this same pattern emerges, so to call it natural is pretty accurate.

Very primitive species must be some how programmed to mate with the opposite sex.. and they are naturally drawn together like magnets.. otherwise many species would have simply gone extinct, even in the perfect environment.

Now of course humans and some other species are able to choose who they want to be with or mate with.. and if this makes them happy then that's all that matters :smile:

read the last post before yours where I proved homosexuality being unnatural wrong because its 100% natural.
Ban Homosexuality? No reason to ban it. Thats pretty backward.
Homosexuals should not adopt children in my view however UNLESS there are no other people volunteering for a adoption - simply due to the fact that children need a father and a mother.

@ivybridge Youre the reason that there are still people who hate homosexuals, since you're shoving it down their throats.

(Come at me SJW's)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lordoftheties
smh your ignorance amazes me. If that evidence was so strong, it wouldve been published in every academic journal etc. But its not, so it will stay there on that site rotting away.

Again, that's just not how science works.
How you ever read a scientific journal?

Tell me, why isn't your counter claim published in every scientific journal, then?
Original post by Galaxie501
Homosexuals should not adopt children in my view however UNLESS there are no other people volunteering for a adoption - simply due to the fact that children need a father and a mother.

(Come at me SJW's)

I didn't need a father and a mother.
On what basis do you make that claim?
Original post by Iknowbest

Homosexuality is found in nature, it is then, by very definition of the word, natural.

(Come at me SJW's)

Fun fact! In nature, homosexual male black swan pairings (which make up a quarter of black swan pairings) often steal eggs from nests, but cygnets raised by two male parents are more likely to survive into adulthood than those of different sex pairs!

@ivybridge Youre the reason that there are still people who hate homosexuals, since you're shoving it down their throats.

(Come at me SJW's)

Lolololol, grow up.

Seeing a gay kiss here and there is shoving it down your throat? Bless you and your fragile soul.
Original post by epage
Fun fact! In nature, homosexual male black swan pairings (which make up a quarter of black swan pairings) often steal eggs from nests, but cygnets raised by two male parents are more likely to survive into adulthood than those of different sex pairs!

I like you. Go you.
Original post by audrey_lh
You're being just as childish saying that.

Do you have anything to actually argue? The three posts, the response to mine being one of them, is just you criticising the posters.
Original post by WhisperingTide
I didn't need a father and a mother.
On what basis do you make that claim?

Good question. There are evolutionary and behavioral advantages in having a male and a female parent. They compliment eachother due to their biological differences in order to provide the offspring with the necessary skills and values. The mother is responsible for differnet aspects of the childs upbringing than the father. Its impossible to achieve this with same sex couples.

However, do not get me wrong. Same sex couples are not bad parents by definition. It should however be preferred to have a mother and a father.

And Im not even a conservative, isnt that interesting?
Point taken.. but reproduction only works if a male and female mate.. animals are primitive and confusion can happen due to not being intelligent enough to actually get mating right.. if they get pleasure from sex, they will do this however they can.. this is simply sexual pleasure.. it is only natural for a male and female (in almost every species) to procreate. However sex between same sex animals like you have given some facts to would occur of course.. so GOOD POINT

Original post by epage
read the last post before yours where I proved homosexuality being unnatural wrong because its 100% natural.
Original post by ivybridge
Lolololol, grow up.

Seeing a gay kiss here and there is shoving it down your throat? Bless you and your fragile soul.

Fragile soul? Coming from a guy who's in the regressive SJW who's triggered by literally everything?

@ivybridge What do you think of Milo Yiannopoulos, regressivism and 3rd wave feminism?
(edited 7 years ago)
I love the "stop shoving it down everyone's throat!" argument as if heterosexuality isn't literally forced down everyone's throat from birth. But you know, do you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 397
Original post by BaconandSauce
Not all sex results in conception so their argument is irrelevant

Well the definition of sex... Let's say condoms weren't invented then...
Original post by frsryonce
I love the "stop shoving it down everyone's throat!" argument as if heterosexuality isn't literally forced down everyone's throat from birth. But you know, do you.

Heterosexuality is indeed forced down everyones throat from birth. Its called evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpkdusnIkE
After responding to my last post it made me think that it actually is UNNATURAL for homosexuality like i originally stated. This is due to, like i mentioned, reproduction only occurs (in the majority of species) if a male and female mate.. sperm and egg for example.. so nature intended this to occur and the reason for sexual organs and sexual pleasure.. and therefor to encourage this to occur. Basically nature designed sexual organs that fit together.. penis and vagina, being how the sperm meets the egg.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending