The Student Room Group

Poles are worse than Africans

The topic is of course only a provocation.
I would like to post a qutation of my friend from Polish forum, who's opinion seems to be quite common in Poland and rather disturbing. It is generally about false tolerance and keyword thinking, instead of logical thinking. I'm quite curious, what do you think of this:

(...)problem większy, bo idący z poziomu państwowego, jak np. wypowiedzi polityków czy mediów zachodnich.
Tam na Polaka czy kogoś z Europy Wschodniej modnie i bezpieczne jest wylać pomyje i robić "dowcipy" na tle rasowym - ale już czarnych czy muzułmanów to strach im ruszyć.
Jak margines to słucha, to myśli, że tak można.

UE to jest tolerancyjna dla tych co mają silne lobby i tylko z takimi się liczy.
Jak dla mnie to jest dużo gorsze niż te polskie prostactwo, dlatego mam gdzieś te hasełka, jak to fajnie jest na zachodzie i wszyscy się szanują, bo tak nie jest.
Szanowani ci co mają wpływy i trzymają się razem.

Chociaż, tutaj faktycznie NICK, ma rację, że byłoby mu łatwiej, bo nawet jeśliby ktoś go obraził jako człowieka z Polski, to jako gej, wystarczyłoby się tylko poskarżyć na dyskryminację, za orientację i już przerazeni by byli.

Allow me to translate it for you:

(Note tha this is an exact translation. "Black" or "Negro" is not insulting in Polish language. A diminutive form of the second was even a nickname of Polish hero from Kościuszko Insurection, and appears in an old poem for children that says about friendship)

"A problem is bigger, because it comes from a state-level, like statements of western politicians and media. Out there it is fashionable and safe to speak worst things about Poles, and tell racist "jokes" about them - but they are afraid to touch blacks or muslims. If lowlife listens to that, then they think that they can do so.

European Union is tolerant only towards those, who have a strong lobby, and it cares only about them.
For me it is far worse than a Polish simpleton, so I don't care how is it cool in the west, where everybody respect each other, because it's no true.
Only those who are influential and stick toghther are respected.

However, NICK is right on this subject, that it would be easier for him, because even If somebody insulted him, as a man from Poland, as a gay, it would be enough for him to make a complaint about sexual orientation dyscrimination, and they would be very scared already"

As I said, opinions such as this, are often heard in Poland. This particular was spoken by a typical middle-class, a lawyer working for a western bank.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
TL; DR especially as half of the post is in Polish.
Reply 2
I even had the main text (translation) in english highlighted, in case that somebody is an awful reader. If you didn't read, then why answer? Pathetic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
In many ways your friend is right.

Out of all the minorities in the UK I would say that the Poles and other Eastern European immigrants are least considered when it comes to political correctness. Perhaps because they share the same skin colour as the majority of the population.
Reply 4
Original post by ATW1

Out of all the minorities in the UK I would say that the Poles and other Eastern European immigrants are least considered when it comes to political correctness. Perhaps because they share the same skin colour as the majority of the population.

This is where I consider, there is another more fundamental problem: We teach people that they can't speak ill about some groups, which actually created s sort of mindless censorship that discredits itself in eyes of many people (first of all, in eyes of those because of whom this correctness was created), and helps to cover bad behaviour among the protected group, which changes some of theses groups in worst possible manner, because they learn that whatever they do, noone can say anything about it.

We should actually teach people that they can say anything about anybody, as long as they can prove that it's true, with solid evidence correct logic. Therefore, I think that political correctnes should be gradually removed, while logic (including semantics and semiotics) ought to be introduced as separate classes, from basic school, up to high school), together with some sort of classes about methdology and researching information.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ATW1

The reason there is a certain distrust of Eastern Europeans is that many British people are very familiar with black and Asian faces, have been for 70 years, have friends who come from these groups, who they know are 100% British, and having seen the evidence, there seems to be huge amounts of racism and being troglodyte about this in these Eastern European regions.
(edited 7 years ago)
What ATV Said pretty much

Although having no sense of Political correctness isn't good since it allows hate against others to be spread , on a larger platform.
Reply 7
Original post by TSR Mustafa
What ATV Said pretty much

Although having no sense of Political correctness isn't good since it allows hate against others to be spread , on a larger platform.

Hate is spread by ignorance and lack of logical thinking. Political correctness is like a cure for symptoms, while essential source of illness stays unaffected, and may cause other, even worse problems, when ignored because of symptoms been temporarily hidden.

Being Pole myself, I would have nothing against any accusations against my nation, only as long as they are genuine.

Original post by SaucissonSecCy
there seems to be huge amounts of racism and being troglodyte about this in these Eastern European regions.

I can't speak for other nations since I don't know necessary data, though in Poland there is some racism against African race, among lowlife parts of society, but even though not so long used to Asian people, Asians are very well and widely tolerated (actually I would trust more on Polish tolerance towards Asians, than towards Russian people, for historical reasons), since they have an opinion of being polite, peaceful, hard working and intelligent.
Aversion or fear towards muslims, is spoken by approx. 50-55% of society, but surprisingly, even nationalists make an exception for Tatars, and Polish Tatars are respected for historical merit and their current approach towards society.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending