The Student Room Group

WJEC PH4 20th June 2016

Okay, so this paper is coming up in 2 days, how are we feeling for it?
Also does anyone know of anywhere that will publish the paper/unofficial mark scheme for physics? Would be nice if there was a place like there is for maths :smile:

Thanks.
Original post by EJRicketts
Okay, so this paper is coming up in 2 days, how are we feeling for it?
Also does anyone know of anywhere that will publish the paper/unofficial mark scheme for physics? Would be nice if there was a place like there is for maths :smile:

Thanks.

Hey, I'm not feeling too great for this exam, been so long since we did it in school as we were late finishing PH5, forgotten most of it :frown:

How are you feeling for it ?
Reply 2
Original post by Roxanne18
Hey, I'm not feeling too great for this exam, been so long since we did it in school as we were late finishing PH5, forgotten most of it :frown:

How are you feeling for it ?

Yeah we finished PH5 extremely late as well so I know how you feel, sad times :frown: Well I'm more worried about PH5 seen as we've had less time doing past paper practise on it but I'm hoping that PH4 will be fairly nice
Original post by EJRicketts
Yeah we finished PH5 extremely late as well so I know how you feel, sad times :frown: Well I'm more worried about PH5 seen as we've had less time doing past paper practise on it but I'm hoping that PH4 will be fairly nice

I think I'm more confident for PH5 as it was so recent we looked at the past papers, plus its further away which helps haha
Reply 4
I think I'm more confident for PH5 as it was so recent we looked at the past papers, plus its further away which helps haha

I have a week in-between M2 and PH5 which gives plenty of time for sorting out that pesky case study and the horrible B-fields section. I'm not looking forward to thermodynamics on PH4 but the rest is fairly straight (I hope, please be nice WJEC).
Original post by Callumdg
I have a week in-between M2 and PH5 which gives plenty of time for sorting out that pesky case study and the horrible B-fields section. I'm not looking forward to thermodynamics on PH4 but the rest is fairly straight (I hope, please be nice WJEC).

I have M2 the day before ph5, also between Ph4 and them I have statistics 2 and fp2 as well!!
I don't mind the B-fields work, its the radioactivity work I struggle on!
What have you chosen for your option ?
Reply 6
I have M2 the day before ph5, also between Ph4 and them I have statistics 2 and fp2 as well!!
I don't mind the B-fields work, its the radioactivity work I struggle on!
What have you chosen for your option ?

Material, although we had no option, which i don't mind it seems to be the easiest.
Material, although we had no option, which i don't mind it seems to be the easiest.

Did you get help from your teachers then if you're all doing the same ?
Reply 8
Did you get help from your teachers then if you're all doing the same ?

Yes, it was taught along with all the other sections? Did you have to the option by yourself?
Yes, it was taught along with all the other sections? Did you have to the option by yourself?

Awh that's so much better!!
Yes we have to self teach the options, and the case study !
Awh that's so much better!!
Yes we have to self teach the options, and the case study !

That's crazy, why don't they teach you the case study? That could really hinder some people's understanding of it.
Reply 11
My class was forced to do medical Physics and I swear it is the hardest option ;-; My medical Physics notes take up half my entire PH5 file!
I thought the paper was reasonably easy, but was really long, didn't finish the final 2 parts of the last question which is like 9 marks :s-smilie:
Awful paper
Reply 14
Hoping the grade boundaries are lower. Such a horrible and awkward paper. Everyone in my class though so too. There was just so much explaining and loads of questions that have never come up before :/ How did other people do?
Got stuck on some questions. Annoyed that I understood how to do them once I left the exam room :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest