The Student Room Group

2023 WJEC Ecomnomics A Level Grade Boundaries

Can anyone help with the grade boundaries for WJEC Economics? Searched everywhere but can't see the same info as for AQA. TIA.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Susan 2242
Can anyone help with the grade boundaries for WJEC Economics? Searched everywhere but can't see the same info as for AQA. TIA.

You completely confused me at first, because you've posted this in the GCSE forum, and WJEC don't offer an Economics GCSE. However, I see from your question that you're after A level grade boundaries. They're here.

It's a shame they don't mention "June 2023" within the document itself. However, if you check the properties of the PDF, you can see it was created on 15 August 2023. It was behind a link on this page entitled "Overall A-AS WJEC UMS Grade Boundaries and Unit Information June 2023"
Reply 2
Thanks for your prompt reply - and sorry for posting in GSCE section, doh!

I followed the link you gave above, but in truth I don't understand the tables as there is no mention of A* marks and I'm trying to see how close I was to that level, having got 265/360 (74%).

If you can give m any insight that would be great, otherwise I'll have to wait till next week and speak with school. Cheers.
Original post by Susan 2242
Thanks for your prompt reply - and sorry for posting in GSCE section, doh!

I followed the link you gave above, but in truth I don't understand the tables as there is no mention of A* marks and I'm trying to see how close I was to that level, having got 265/360 (74%).

If you can give m any insight that would be great, otherwise I'll have to wait till next week and speak with school. Cheers.

Ah, my apologies. My guess is that you're in England rather than Wales. Is that right? WJEC is primarily a Welsh examination board. In Wales, A levels are awarded based upon UMS marks awarded for AS (40%) and A2 (60%) exams. The grade boundaries I provided take a very UMS-centric view of the world.

WJEC offers qualifications regulated in England through the brand Eduqas. The Eduqas A level grade boundaries for June 2023 are here. They show that for Economics, 265/360 would have given you an A. For an A* you would have needed 269/360. So you were just four marks away. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest