The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

When to start my application for a PhD (doctorate)?

I have got a place and the grades for a one year full time masters at Derby, and I would quite like to do a PhD (doctorate here) starting September 2017, but the question is when should i start this application process. I already have quite a good idea about the subject material i am interested in, but presumable this will change over the next year as i study my masters. So should i leave it, or apply sooner? By the way i think the application deadline is any time between september and may. So maybe leave it til easter next year, before i buckle down and make some choices??
Reply 1
If you want funding, the deadline is in January.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Josb
If you want funding, the deadline is in January.

Funding with who, and who told you that? You do realise that there is more than one source of funding? Have you got one?
Reply 3
Original post by john2054
Funding with who, and who told you that? You do realise that there is more than one source of funding? Have you got one?

Search the website. The principal source of funding comes from research councils, whose deadline is usually in January.
Reply 4
Original post by Josb
Search the website. The principal source of funding comes from research councils, whose deadline is usually in January.

I have emailed the research admin team. Thanks for your response though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending