The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Medicine (A100) - 2017 Entry

Hey :biggrin:

Just thought I'd make a thread for Medicine applicants to Bristol...

Scroll to see replies

Who else is applying for 2017 entry? :colondollar:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by BlueBlizzard
Who else is applying for 2017 entry? :colondollar:

Yeah, count me in!

Bw, must say I LOVE your profile picture :colone:
Original post by ........Jeff458
Yeah, count me in!

Bw, must say I LOVE your profile picture :colone:

Yay! :five:

Aye, I can see why :colone:
Yay! :five:

Aye, I can see why :colone:

He really is a special boy :smile: Love him! (no homo)

Bristol your #1 choice?
He really is a special boy :smile: Love him! (no homo)

Bristol your #1 choice?

Boy... :rofl: I'd pick Charlie Puth over him, but yeah, he's the best footballer out there :love:

Kinda... Stuck between Birmingham and Bristol. What about you?
Boy... :rofl: I'd pick Charlie Puth over him, but yeah, he's the best footballer out there :love:

Kinda... Stuck between Birmingham and Bristol. What about you?

Oh hell no. RONALDO is the best male on the planet = fact. Have you seen his damn hair!? His biceps? His triceps? His quadriceps? His cheeky smile? Charlie puth just looks homo -_-

Aberdeen my #1 cos I live here. Bristol I am only applying for an interview as I had a choice left over and it didn't meet any of my desired Scottish universities.

What kinda stuff do you have in your PS since you've applied and it's nearly your #1 choice? Just curious. I've sent my application away too, sounds like you have too?
Oh hell no. RONALDO is the best male on the planet = fact. Have you seen his damn hair!? His biceps? His triceps? His quadriceps? His cheeky smile? Charlie puth just looks homo -_-

Aberdeen my #1 cos I live here. Bristol I am only applying for an interview as I had a choice left over and it didn't meet any of my desired Scottish universities.

What kinda stuff do you have in your PS since you've applied and it's nearly your #1 choice? Just curious. I've sent my application away too, sounds like you have too?

I'm gonna ignore the fact that you just insulted my bae...

'Coz what the heck do you mean by since you've applied and it's nearly your #1 choice? My PS was just a regular PS, with nothing specific for any university in particular? Is there something I'm missing here? :redface:
I'm gonna ignore the fact that you just insulted my bae...

'Coz what the heck do you mean by since you've applied and it's nearly your #1 choice? My PS was just a regular PS, with nothing specific for any university in particular? Is there something I'm missing here? :redface:

You are actually hoping to get into Bristol. I am going to reject an offer should I get it as I had to fill up an option.
Since Bristol is 70% Personal statement and you said you hope to get in either there or Birmingham then I assumed you would have a good personal statement since Bristol is 70% personal statement. So what I was asking is since you have applied to a univeristy that ranks personal statement so highly, what have you got in it if you don't mind me asking?

And Ronaldo is the only man worthy of living tbh. Just look at him :colondollar:. Are you a guy btw or a girl? I'm getting mixed messages :redface:

My personal statement isn't brilliant since I don't intend to study at Bristol but I have work experience, Duke of Edinburgh, Volunteering and that's just about it to be completely honest. I just talked about work experience a lot?
You are actually hoping to get into Bristol. I am going to reject an offer should I get it as I had to fill up an option.
Since Bristol is 70% Personal statement and you said you hope to get in either there or Birmingham, then I assumed you would have a good personal statement since Bristol is 70% personal statement. So what I was asking is since you have applied to a university that ranks personal statement so highly, what have you got in it if you don't mind me asking?

And Ronaldo is the only man worthy of living tbh. Just look at him :colondollar:. Are you a guy btw or a girl? I'm getting mixed messages :redface:

My personal statement isn't brilliant since I don't intend to study at Bristol but I have work experience, Duke of Edinburgh, Volunteering and that's just about it to be completely honest. I just talked about work experience a lot?

Alright, so I didn't really think of what the universities wanted when I wrote my PS. Stupid, I know, but that's what I did!

I've got the average stuff, a lot about myself and yeah, a bit of work experience too. My PS isn't brilliant either; I just like to think it is because I spent quite some time on it :biggrin:

Oh, and you may guess whether I'm a guy or a girl :colondollar: Now, that right there gives you the answer :rofl: Mixed messages... why? :lol:
Alright, so I didn't really think of what the universities wanted when I wrote my PS. Stupid, I know, but that's what I did!

I've got the average stuff, a lot about myself and yeah, a bit of work experience too. My PS isn't brilliant either; I just like to think it is because I spent quite some time on it :biggrin:

Oh, and you may guess whether I'm a guy or a girl :colondollar: Now, that right there gives you the answer :rofl: Mixed messages... why? :lol:

Mixed messages as in the way you speak makes me think you are a girl but a brief stalking of your account page makes me think you are a guy :smile:

Well it's the same thing I did for my PS. I'm sure you will get in if you did well in your UKCAT too. I bombed mine unfortunately (617 Band 2),

Btw, I was wondering, it turns out there is another Bristol medicine thread where everyone is at:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4207234
Original post by .........Jeff458
Btw, I was wondering, it turns out there is another Bristol medicine thread where everyone is at:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4207234

Yeah... I found that thread minutes after I created this one :laugh: Thanks though :cool:
Reply 13
Do I stand a chance of an interview?

6a* 4a gcse,
BBBC AS with AAA prediction (c was in chemistry but still predicted an A)
680 ukcat band 1
Strong ps
Original post by ameeis
Do I stand a chance of an interview?

6a* 4a gcse,
BBBC AS with AAA prediction (c was in chemistry but still predicted an A)
680 ukcat band 1
Strong ps

yeah i think so
I've applied to Bristol for 2017 entry! The first set of interviews are lined up November, has anyone here been invited to interview yet?
Reply 16
Original post by loates338
I've applied to Bristol for 2017 entry! The first set of interviews are lined up November, has anyone here been invited to interview yet?

I have an interview on the 24th.. Am bricking it!
Congratulations and best of luck. There are plenty of MMI practise questions online - have a go at them. I'm sure you'll be fine! Hope to see you next year :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by loates338
Congratulations and best of luck. There are plenty of MMI practise questions online - have a go at them. I'm sure you'll be fine! Hope to see you next year :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Have been prcatising all questions imaginable but I don't want to appear too rehearsed.. Is it alright to repeat things explained in a personal statement?
Reply 19
Original post by KayleyC
I have an interview on the 24th.. Am bricking it!

Congrats! What are ur stats if u don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending