The Student Room Group

Why do people still believe in the man-made global warming sham?

Poll

Is global warming real?

Do you believe in man-made global warming? Poll attached.
It's not a sham. While the media may often overstate aspects of it and mishandle some of the science, which I find frustrating, the scientific community has been pretty much settled on this issue for decades, regardless of country, government, university, etc. The body of scientific research in support of it in some form or another is enormous. It's also apparent that most of the arguments made against it are, simply put, uninformed nonsense.

I used to think it was all an alarmist sham. But as I actually learned more about it, and more about how science works in general, my mind changed. I remember back in the day a YouTuber called Potholer54 did a very good job of explaining it. My university education also helped a lot.
Reply 2
ITT: OP pretending to be edgy because he is fighting a global conspiracy that is telling people we are bad we cause global warming.
Shhh the aliens will hear our brainwaves if you keep talking
Man made global warming is not a sham. Its because of cars, factories and pollution that goes out into the air that caused the global warming. Hundreds of years ago before cars and factories existed, the Earth was less polluted. Another example is pollution in our drinking water. Just recently the tap water in Flint, Michigan became toxic do to the amount of pollution in it. People are being careless and destroying the environment. Greenhouse gases go into the air making it more unsafe to breathe.
Reply 5
It is both man made and natural.

Natural because it would have happened anyway. Man made because we've made it happen faster.
Reply 6
this is proven fact, not belief.
Reply 7
Has anyone accepted Piers Corbyn's offer of public debate?
I believe it is a natural phenomenon and I don't know why people think it is man
made
Absolutely not, it's nothing but a liberal hoax.
IMG_0742.jpg

:rolleyes:
Original post by #ChaosKass

I am honestly curious. Why do you think liberals are making this hoax and what are they hoping to achieve?

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
IMG_0742.jpg

:rolleyes:

Clear PM :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do people still deny science in this day and age?
Original post by wolfmoon88
I am honestly curious. Why do you think liberals are making this hoax and what are they hoping to achieve?

Clear PM :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ChaosKass is trolling.

And, done it. :tongue: :rofl:
I believe it because the science behind it is pretty sound and despite the claims of deniers, has stood up to a lot of scrutiny. The vast majority of stuff deniers come up with has been explained and debunked thousands of times before, or is based on misrepresented or exaggerated (sometimes outright fabricated) information.

On one side of the "debate" there is strong scientific backing and consensus. On the other there are retarded conspiracy theories about evil greedy scientists who are somehow faking it for some monetary gain, but luckily these nice honest and totally unbiased oil companies have exposed the truth™. Which side is the more trustworthy one?
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Do you trust NASA scientists? They are D or R? The NASA scientists are actually the politicians' puppets? Or the billionaires' puppets?

I have no idea,really. But you yourself can prove it. :-)

1479423007686.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by $$TRUMP4PRESI$$
I believe it is a natural phenomenon and I don't know why people think it is man
made

Its quite simple.The greenhouse effect is a natural effect.Its caused by greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.Without the atmosphere and the greenhouse effect the earth would actually have a temperature in the negatives.So the atmosphere prevents earth freezing over essentially.Now if you put more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.Those gases can't escape due to the gravity of earth.So they stay in the atmosphere.That means the earth gets even warmer simples.
I'm not sure about my opinion on it but what do you mean "the man made" global warming sham?

That's so bloody stupid how you even worded that!

Global warming is a *theory* ABOUT "man-made" disasters such as pollution, IT'S not a "man-MADE" anything?

I swear this is why I don't even care about politics and social issues, because so many people are unintelligent on both sides so why the hell would I bother siding with any of em?
Original post by #ChaosKass

Global warming is not a hoax. It's a serious concern as a result of human emissions of greenhouse gases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending