The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Who is at fault Palestine or Israel?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Israel was attacked before that war as well but let's ignore that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So that somehow justifies continued illegal building of settlements today?

They broke the UNSC resolution, being attacked before is, as you say, irrelevant.
Original post by paul514
Israel was attacked before that war as well but let's ignore that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They weren't suppose to be there in the first place...you can't just kick half a population out their homes and not expect some sort of resistance...

And if they try to use the argument of being the chosen ones... it's proven by DNA testing that most Israeli jews are european converts... so never lived/had ancestors live in the holy lands meaning their claim is even less than palestinians
and after the war they increased there occupation from 50% of the land to 70% , refusing to leave and you don't call that oppression?
Original post by trooper3
So that somehow justifies continued illegal building of settlements today?

They broke the UNSC resolution, being attacked before is, as you say, irrelevant.

Does them doing so justify firing thousands of rockets at them every year and continual terrorist attacks against them?

No it doesn't.

The fact is if the arabs stopped attacking them they would stop attacking the arabs. Simple.

Arabs started this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Does them doing so justify firing thousands of rockets at them every year and continual terrorist attacks against them?

No it doesn't.

The fact is if the arabs stopped attacking them they would stop attacking the arabs. Simple.

Arabs started this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Answer the question.
Original post by trooper3
Answer the question.

There's nothing to answer I'm not some rabid Zionist I just challenge the actual point being made here.

The point is how do you stop this...

The only way it will stop is when Israel stops being attacked which is what has happened since the country has existed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The entire world
Reply 27
I just think its atrocious how the Jews were basically gifted that land by the UN, USA and Europe after what had happened in WW2 only for the Jews to commit crimes against humanity to the lands rightful inhabitants. Initially the Palestinians allowed the Jews to migrate there only for them to be overthrown. I think the 1967 boarders should be in force without a doubt, no debate is needed there. Then a solution towards joint authority over certain lands should enter discussion. The only problem is, Israel is an extremely stable country and I think that's why people don't object to it because of the choas seen in many Arab states
Reply 28
Original post by paul514
There's nothing to answer I'm not some rabid Zionist I just challenge the actual point being made here.

The point is how do you stop this...

The only way it will stop is when Israel stops being attacked which is what has happened since the country has existed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Truth is if they disarm against Israel like the West Bank mostly has (there's no military resistance) then their land will be taken. The only military resistance is from the Gaza Strip, also worth noting Israel treats the palestinians like crap, if I lived there I would certain take a stand against it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zayn008
Truth is if they disarm against Israel like the West Bank mostly has (there's no military resistance) then their land will be taken. The only military resistance is from the Gaza Strip, also worth noting Israel treats the palestinians like crap, if I lived there I would certain take a stand against it.

They will not invade and take land if they aren't attacked Israel has always been attacked since it existed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Obviously Israel is at fault.
Reply 31
Original post by Lord Samosa
Jews, Muslims and Christians lived in that region before the creation of Israel.

Mass migration and extreme views and demands from the zionists from Europe kicked off a lot of issues.

That's in the past however. No point looking back. At the very least, the illegal settlement being built into Palestinian lands. (And less aggression being shown by Hamas and Israel). After that, we can look to find a amicable solution.

Truth:h:
Britain was at fault. When they left the mandate, they promised the land to palestine, and at the same time promised the Jews that they would have their homeland.
Both are at fault but Israel is way better as compared to Hamas.

I hope they can have a 2 state solution in the future as I believe it would be in the best interests of both the Palestinians and Israel.
Reply 34
Original post by admonit
Arabs failed to provide any valid certificate of ownership. :cool:

Neither do the Israelis, declaring an already inhabited piece of land 'the Holy Land' is just a poor excuse to annex Palestina without getting into trouble. By playing the religion-card they get to put everyone who isn't Jewish and/or Israeli to a disadvantage because if you even try to disagree they'll bring up the holocaust and flat-out call you an anti-seminist.The Israelis have been playing the victim card for too long, it's getting kind of stale. The Israelis are at fault, it's pretty obvious.
Original post by KingBou
Neither do the Israelis, declaring an already inhabited piece of land 'the Holy Land' is just a poor excuse to annex Palestina without getting into trouble. By playing the religion-card they get to put everyone who isn't Jewish and/or Israeli to a disadvantage because if you even try to disagree they'll bring up the holocaust and flat-out call you an anti-seminist.The Israelis have been playing the victim card for too long, it's getting kind of stale. The Israelis are at fault, it's pretty obvious.

What and the other side don't play the victim card 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by quwhdj
What do you think about this war and who rightfully owns the land of Palestine, the Arabs or the Jews. I think personally the right owner is the Arabs as its their land and the Jews migrated to Palestine after the Holocaust and took over it. Britain and America started this mess which has led to thousands of deaths daily on both sides especially Palestine as Israel have the support of the rich countries like Britain and USA etc. Who do you think is the rightful owner of Palestine and why do you think so? Explanations would be much appreciated

There are lots of juju in both Palestine and Israel.Both countries could be seen to be at fault, perhaps one to a larger degree than another. The rightful owners should be people who want to come together, (regardless of who it may belong to) be in peace and want a safe and happy life.
The U.S. has some serious double standards if it sanctions North Korea for their rocket launch projects yet let Israel get away with doing the same thing.
Reply 38
Original post by paul514
They will not invade and take land if they aren't attacked Israel has always been attacked since it existed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly that isn’t true, sure they face violence protests from the West Bank but no military style attacks like Hamas carry out. I don’t think if Palestine stood down in 1967 or around then they’d have proper boarders and exist as a state but they still refused to recognise Israel.

What people forget is both side are ideologically driven to remove eachother, it’s never mentioned but it’s core to the issue. Jews are told it’s their holy land and they should fight for it, Muslims are told the Jews are liars and bad People and should fight them all for the land.
Original post by zayn008
Sadly that isn’t true, sure they face violence protests from the West Bank but no military style attacks like Hamas carry out. I don’t think if Palestine stood down in 1967 or around then they’d have proper boarders and exist as a state but they still refused to recognise Israel.

What people forget is both side are ideologically driven to remove eachother, it’s never mentioned but it’s core to the issue. Jews are told it’s their holy land and they should fight for it, Muslims are told the Jews are liars and bad People and should fight them all for the land.

It's Christians holy land too, so what're got over that a millennium ago.

This conflict has always been about Israels right to exist they have been attacked since its conception and an ass whooping as always been dealt as a response.

This is land not holy land and this isn't the crusades, if it were Israel would have already won by killing everyone else.

Israel has a huge Muslim population if they were such oppressors without provocation those people wouldn't live in relative peace, which they do.

The same wouldn't be said for Jews in Palestine.

Jews with the exception of those orthodox types are peaceful decent people.

All I see is Palestinian rocket attacks, and terrorist attacks.

Stop doing that and they will leave you alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending