The Student Room Group

I hate Being A Human.

So far, in these last months alone, so many Syrian children have died, British concert-goers have died, ISIS is getting on a killing role, there has been a lot of antisemitism, there have been threats to kill all Muslims, banners put up to offend Muslims, London terror attacks, Australian terror attacks, bombs dropping here and there and the list just goes on and on and on. And I'm sick and tired of it.

What has happened to humanity? Have we dropped all courtesy and will for peace? Are we just going to divide ourselves and kill each other?

I find it interesting how I think sometimes that if there was a man-eating monster alive, he would kill us all because we're all human. He wouldn't first divide us in to separate groups through nationality, race, gender, sexuality, race etc. Yet we manage to do that to ourselves- if that didn't make sense just ignore it.

I never turn on the news to find anything good happening. I dislike people now and the world. I don't feel safe and humans aren't my homies anymore. I think I might just travel to a far off land (with the remaining good humans) and create an empire built on peace and then come back and rule the Earth idk. Just what I have been thinking lately.

Why don't we be peaceful for once?

I'm on anon because I don't normally talk like this lol

Scroll to see replies

'man-eating monster'......
I know right OP sometimes I wish there was a man eating monster.

At least it'll put us all out of our misery.
There has never been a time throughout recorded history when human beings have not been at war. It is very depressing, the state of the world.

Greed is the cancer of the world. And we see in this mornings news, that just 5 people own more wealth than half the planet combined.

Its terrible. We must be under so many systems of brainwashing and control, to let that happen.

5 people vs 3.5 billion people, and the 5 people are winning!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
this kind of stuff has been happening for centuries.. you shouldn't be surprised. I feel the same way but sadly there's nothing we can do about it...
Don't fret. Humans are a naturally gloomy species!

It seems worse now but that's because media coverage has exploded with new technology. The information is fed to us real-time by anyone with a mobile phone, when only a couple of decades ago, it was days, weeks or months even before it got out and we only saw a highly edited version censored by broadcasters and/or governments.

We now see the world as it has always been but this time unedited.

In real terms globally: mortality rates have improved dramatically, peoples standards of living have risen, poverty has fallen, access to education has increased. Despite the headlines, the world is a far safer place. If we add up the years of the World Wars, around 100 million people perished in 10 years - a rate of 10 million per year to war alone. Add epidemics (one flu epidemic early last century claimed 70 million), natural disasters (flooding and famine in China took 34 million) all increased the death toll significantly.

Those few examples add up to between 2 million and 3 million perishing to war, famine and pandemic every single year for the whole century.

The homicide rate for hunter-gatherer society was 500x the average global rate today!

Sweden, 150 years ago, was poorer than Sub-Saharan Africa today!

So no, don't fall into the trap of thinking everything is getting worse. It's not - by a very, very, very big margin.

Source: The Economist Sept 2016. (Johan Norberg - One World)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
So far, in these last months alone, so many Syrian children have died, British concert-goers have died, ISIS is getting on a killing role, there has been a lot of antisemitism, there have been threats to kill all Muslims, banners put up to offend Muslims, London terror attacks, Australian terror attacks, bombs dropping here and there and the list just goes on and on and on. And I'm sick and tired of it.

What has happened to humanity? Have we dropped all courtesy and will for peace? Are we just going to divide ourselves and kill each other?

I find it interesting how I think sometimes that if there was a man-eating monster alive, he would kill us all because we're all human. He wouldn't first divide us in to separate groups through nationality, race, gender, sexuality, race etc. Yet we manage to do that to ourselves- if that didn't make sense just ignore it.

I never turn on the news to find anything good happening. I dislike people now and the world. I don't feel safe and humans aren't my homies anymore. I think I might just travel to a far off land (with the remaining good humans) and create an empire built on peace and then come back and rule the Earth idk. Just what I have been thinking lately.

Every age has faced their issues through history, although times are rough they are better than a lot of the past. Just have to pick our battles and promote what we believe where possible along with contributing all we can to the right causes where we can.

I'll join you in that empire if it's somewhere hot.
Original post by Anonymous

deaths are not yet statistically significant
Original post by butfirst_coffee
I know right OP sometimes I wish there was a man eating monster.

At least it'll put us all out of our misery.

There is, it is called war.
War discriminates.

According to OP, man eating monster would not.

Original post by Meany Pie
There is, it is called war.
Would u rather be an ant tho
Original post by TSR Mustafa

Wtf I was just about to say these exact words!! With no full stop at the end , with a u, not you!!

Who are u hmm and what do u want from me
Original post by emerald7770
Wtf I was just about to say these exact words!! With no full stop at the end , with a u, not you!!

Who are u hmm and what do u want from me

Fate has brought us together
[video="youtube;tlKX-m17C7U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlKX-m17C7U[/video]
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Fate has brought us together

:biggrin:
Original post by butfirst_coffee
War discriminates.

According to OP, man eating monster would not.

It doesn't.
I guess we are animals , we evolved from monkeys...
And in the wild kingdom they all compete for territory , mates and food.
Just like the way we fight for power and money.
People say we are the most intelligent creature but if we are that clever why are we destroying our kind , our earth and our life.

Humanity scares me too. I always think there will be a world war 3 one day
'All we are sayinnnnnngggggggggggg is give peace a chance" Nice vid.

Nope, youve failed to convince me. We used to have John Lennon, now we have justin bieber.

Just shoot me.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending