The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should Marijuana Be Legalised Already?

...I defiantly think so.

your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They could be Police use it as a reason to search people so it doesn't look like they've searched people for no reason. It's their gateway to searching people for other things basically.
Yes.
Reply 3
Original post by 0lut0
They could be Police use it as a reason to search people so it doesn't look like they've searched people for no reason. It's their gateway to searching people for other things basically.

just another reason why the police are corrupt and messed up
I'm a classical liberal, not the left, I am a libertarian. Personal liberty is one reason.
Another is the fact that if drugs were legalised, not just marijuana, the black market will be cut down heavily. And also, treatment will be easier. Treat users as addicts rather than abusers. Treat them, not just straight up arrest them, as that probably won't do much.
*Definitely
Reply 6
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh
*Definitely

aren't you cute
Reply 7
Of course.
Yes!

I think it is the state of Colorado who made over $150 million in tax from the sale of legal cannabis in the first year.. 40 million of which has been pledged to school projects.

Also puts less strain on police if it is legalized.
No,anyone who relies on drugs to provide them with happiness are simply misguided. If marijuana can be used medically, then it should be legal, but only via prescription.
Reply 10
Original post by HotDetermination
No,anyone who relies on drugs to provide them with happiness are simply misguided. If marijuana can be used medically, then it should be legal, but only via prescription.

bruh what you use for happiness isn't gunna suit everyone.

those who smoke it aren't just happy because of that on it's own.
Reply 11
Many people choose to use it as a medicine as it works for them. Also if its legalized then it can be standardized and you wont be smoking *****y skunk that triggers mental health problems. Plus there shouldn't be a problem with recreational use.
(edited 6 years ago)
Of course!

Not only do stupid jail times ruin people's lives, but additionally this a) cuts policing costs and b) generates tax revenue.

This should be a no-brainer.

It's shocking that people are so conservative in this regard. But then again there are still a significant number of anti-vaxxers that believe a decades old lie by a debunked, shunned wannabe scientist.
Reply 13
No
What's the point?
Reply 14
Original post by iqra2159
No
What's the point?

It can be used medicinally to treat a variety of conditions, working better for many people than addictive prescribed meds. If it is legalized then you get rid of the illegal market for it, taking the power away from criminal gangs, meaning you don't get 15 year olds getting stabbed for 60 pound bags of weed. Plus, if it is standardized then what is the problem with recreational use if its not harming anyone? Some people just want to smoke a zoot at the end of a long day you know? Same as cracking open a beer, if not better.
Original post by garethbale
bruh what you use for happiness isn't gunna suit everyone.

those who smoke it aren't just happy because of that on it's own.

It creates a dependency on this drug, which could potentially ruin your life. Yes, there are some who prevent it from doing so, but they are the minority. That's why it's just safer to completely restrict it, unless it has been prescribed.
It creates a dependency on this drug, which could potentially ruin your life. Yes, there are some who prevent it from doing so, but they are the minority. That's why it's just safer to completely restrict it, unless it has been prescribed.

Yes, and cigarettes also create a dependency. Yet cigarettes are legal.

Why should it be any different for marijuana?

Also it's extremely rare and unusual for anyone to die from cannabis over dose.
Original post by HERMES Paris
Yes, and cigarettes also create a dependency. Yet cigarettes are legal.

Why should it be any different for marijuana?

Also it's extremely rare and unusual for anyone to die from cannabis over dose.

I don't agree with cigarettes being legal either. It doesn't matter if people infrequently die from overdose, the fact of the matter is this drug makes people become too unstable and dependent on the drug.
I don't agree with cigarettes being legal either. It doesn't matter if people infrequently die from overdose, the fact of the matter is this drug makes people become too unstable and dependent on the drug.

It depends on the person, i smoked my first joint with another guy. He is a meth head who works in mc d and Im studying law and havnt touched another drug. Blanketing everyone as smoking weed as unstable and dependent is as stupid as calling all Muslims terrorists.
Reply 19
Original post by Crooky0
It can be used medicinally to treat a variety of conditions, working better for many people than addictive prescribed meds. If it is legalized then you get rid of the illegal market for it, taking the power away from criminal gangs, meaning you don't get 15 year olds getting stabbed for 60 pound bags of weed. Plus, if it is standardized then what is the problem with recreational use if its not harming anyone? Some people just want to smoke a zoot at the end of a long day you know? Same as cracking open a beer, if not better.

could not have said it any better.

Latest

Trending

Trending