The Student Room Group

Feminists Are Always Unattractive - Is This Generally True?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlyleeds
The women that most of you out there hate aren’t femisnists they are fake feminists which call themselves feminists

If they consider themselves to be feminists then they are feminists.
Original post by Sharpshooter
In what way is Theresa May a feminist?

Ask her. She put the T-shirt on declaring her feminist identity.
Original post by Miss.Unknow
I've noticed the same thing with misogynists :K:.

Are you saying there's a link between unattractive bitter angry men who struggle to get dates or long relationships and misogyny?

What on earth makes you think that??

*sarcasm*
Original post by Sulfolobus
Ask her. She put the T-shirt on declaring her feminist identity.

Trump poses with black people in photos, doesn't mean he's not racist.
Original post by Miss.Unknow
I've noticed the same thing with misogynists :K:.

I was going to mention this (similar attacks to men who criticise feminism) in my first post.
Original post by Sharpshooter
Are you saying there's a link between unattractive bitter angry men who struggle to get dates or long relationships and misogyny?

What on earth makes you think that??

*sarcasm*

Weird, right?!
I have said quite a bit on this thread but I noticed one guy say that girls think feminists are ruining things for them because they want to be wine and dined. To real feminist there is no problem with this, and actual feminist is here for whatever a women or man wants to do, wether a woman wants to be payed for and have doors opened for her, that’s her choice and feminism is all about the woman being able to have that choice, not taking it away from here. As I said before the people who you are talking about are fake feminists
Original post by Wilfred Little
If they consider themselves to be feminists then they are feminists.

Many people don’t consider themselves racists but won’t employ a person of colour and use derogatory terms towards them, you can say you are something even if you aren’t
Nope, I don't think it's true at all.

I believe that feminism is a sexist and hypocritical ideology, but it should be criticised in a logical and fair way.

It is simply wrong to stereotype feminists as being "ugly".
Original post by Charlyleeds
Many people don’t consider themselves racists but won’t employ a person of colour and use derogatory terms towards them, you can say you are something even if you aren’t

Pretty much nobody is going to admit to being a racist.

You just say they aren't real feminists because they don't match what your idea of feminism is.
Reply 31
I did come across this study once saying that feminists are more masculine.....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4158978/

"The feminist movement purports to improve conditions for women, and yet only a minority of women in modern societies self-identify as feminists. This is known as the feminist paradox. It has been suggested that feminists exhibit both physiological and psychological characteristics associated with heightened masculinization "

and I have to agree, as I am very good at spotting whether a user is male or female just based off their posting style [being given no other info] ..but the few instances I get it wrong, it is usually a feminist with an aggressive posting style that has made me thought they were a male.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Pretty much nobody is going to admit to being a racist.

You just say they aren't real feminists because they don't match what your idea of feminism is.

I’m saying they aren’t real feminists because they don’t match the meaning of feminism not my own opinion, actual feminists are hard to find I understand and these fake feminists are horrible people I agree but I will forever call myself a feminist because i fit the actual definition not one you have all made up
Original post by ANM775
I did come across this study once saying that feminists are more masculine.....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4158978/

"The feminist movement purports to improve conditions for women, and yet only a minority of women in modern societies self-identify as feminists. This is known as the feminist paradox. It has been suggested that feminists exhibit both physiological and psychological characteristics associated with heightened masculinization "

and I have to agree, as I am very good at spotting whether a user is male or female just based off their posting style [being given no other info] ..but the few instances I get it wrong, it is usually a feminist with an aggressive posting style that has made me thought they were a male.

I can’t speak for all actual feminists but I am pretty feminine I don’t consider myself masculine at all (and I don’t hate men so please don’t think that)
7% of women in the UK say they are feminists, said by the telegraph. this tells you something and that feminism has become a lesbian, male-hating group of women.
Reply 35
Original post by Salem9078
7% of women in the UK say they are feminists, said by the telegraph. this tells you something and that feminism has become a lesbian, male-hating group of women.

Who's the misogynists in the male population? Virgins, beta males and short guys?
Feminists are a much larger group than they're given credit for, depending on how you define the word. I think a large majority of people would prefer that women weren't discriminated against, and saying that people with that view are 'always unattractive' is ridiculous on the face of it.
Reply 37
You can't use the quantifiers 'always' and 'generally' in the same statement. Obviously, the statement is false because you can easily find good looking feminists.

Now to state whether it's generally true is impossible. We would have to sample every single feminist in the entire world and then use some unbiased measure to gauge their beauty; maybe facial symmetry or something like that. I'm sure you can see why this could never happen.
Emma watson is the unspoken feminist leader so i think this debate is over.
You see I feel like a lot of girls just say they are feminists for the sake of it but then expect and want things from men that are seen as stereotypical. What I think that many women don't want to admit is that ofcourse feminism has its benefits and is right but there needs to be a level of justice rather than equality to suit the needs of both men and women which are different and have different needs and wants. The hype over feminism now seems to be more on the argumentative side than a side that truly would benefit both genders.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending