The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Islamization

What is the general feeling about Islamization problems in Britain now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Every-3weeks

What Islamization problems are you talking about? I am a white man. I have yet to be approached by Muslims trying to sign me up as it were. From a campaign front I would say the Jehovah Witnesses stand more chance. They knock on our door occasionally and have stands outside Piccadilly Station and around town. With such proactive action surely we should be more concerned about them?
oh nooooooooooooooo. we r gonna be eating halal meat. Fuk outta here u nitty
Reply 3
Original post by XOfollower
oh nooooooooooooooo. we r gonna be eating halal meat. Fuk outta here u nitty

You all ready eat halal meat, most meats are halal but without the labels
Eg. Most KFC’s and Nando’s use halal chicken because they are a more reliable supply than stunning slaughter houses.
I don’t see a problem with it anyway, your eating the meat of an animal that has been killed humanly while someone has uttered a prayer, it’s not like you’re drinking corrupt holy water
Reply 4
Moved to Society.
Original post by 06riclib
Eg. Most KFC’s and Nando’s use halal chicken because they are a more reliable supply than stunning slaughter houses.
I don’t see a problem with it anyway, your eating the meat of an animal that has been killed humanly while someone has uttered a prayer, it’s not like you’re drinking corrupt holy water

uhh if they dont have HMC or HFC then Muslims dont tend to eat them cos they arent halal clever clogs
Islamiwhat?

Original post by Napp
Moved to Society.

Good for you.
Reply 7
Original post by Bang Outta Order

Good for you.

What?
Theres not enough of it
What Islamization lol? This country is still overwhelmingly British with British culture.

Something like 5% of all people in this country are Muslim.
Reply 10
Original post by Every-3weeks

~5% of the population is Muslim, don't be so dramatic. If you see a lot of Muslims outside, it's most likely just a higher concentration of them in your area, and not a representative of the entire country.
Reply 11
Original post by 06riclib
The majority of UK slaughtered meat is not halal.
Also, about 85% of UK halal meat is pre-stunned, which means that the only difference between most halal meat and non-halal meat is that a few Arabic words were said before the animal was slaughtered. They are both killed by cutting major blood vessels leading to a fatal drop in blood pressure and all the blood draining out of the carcass. No practical difference.
I can't understand why anyone would have an issue with that.
Reply 12
Original post by Napp
Moved to Society.
Ooh, look at you with your new hat!
Original post by QE2
The majority of UK slaughtered meat is not halal.
Also, about 85% of UK halal meat is pre-stunned, which means that the only difference between most halal meat and non-halal meat is that a few Arabic words were said before the animal was slaughtered. They are both killed by cutting major blood vessels leading to a fatal drop in blood pressure and all the blood draining out of the carcass. No practical difference.
I can't understand why anyone would have an issue with that.

Same, that’s what I was trying to say
The Muslim population in the UK is only about ~5% and will most likely never be any higher than the population of “White British” so stop making up new words to scaremonger others.
(edited 6 years ago)
The other day, I was approached by a crazy old man telling me that we would all burn in hell for eternity if we didn't repent for our sins in his church. Does that mean the UK has a problem with extreme Christianisation? No, because there will always be crazy people in every religion who cause problems. A few people on the street preaching Islam does not mean that the whole of the UK will be 'Islamised', just as we aren't all hanging gays and locking women away because a few Christians told us that was how we get to heaven.
Reply 16
Original post by QE2
Ooh, look at you with your new hat!

:colondollar:
Reply 17
Original post by sambeaz6
The other day, I was approached by a crazy old man telling me that we would all burn in hell for eternity if we didn't repent for our sins in his church. Does that mean the UK has a problem with extreme Christianisation? No, because there will always be crazy people in every religion who cause problems. A few people on the street preaching Islam does not mean that the whole of the UK will be 'Islamised', just as we aren't all hanging gays and locking women away because a few Christians told us that was how we get to heaven.

No one said any of this here.. The OP isn't talking about the extreme side of Islam, and presumably not the intent of talking about Islamisation. Islamisation simply means the conversion of a certain culture to be more Islam-oriented.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by k.n.h.
No one said any of this here.. The OP isn't talking about the extreme side of Islam, and presumably not the intent of talking about Islamisation. Islamisation simply means the conversion of a certain culture to be more Islam-oriented.

I was just trying to say that people aren't so easily influenced. Islamisation isn't a really problem just as having any religion isn't a problem. I wouldn't say it doesn't exist but I don't think Islam will have any real significant effect on most people just like all the other religions haven't.
Reply 19
Original post by sambeaz6
I was just trying to say that people aren't so easily influenced. Islamisation isn't a really problem just as having any religion isn't a problem. I wouldn't say it doesn't exist but I don't think Islam will have any real significant effect on most people just like all the other religions haven't.

Ok

Latest

Trending

Trending