The Student Room Group

The Left backs and promotes Islamic Extremism

Watch the video below and tell me how I am wrong if you can (and with something more intelligent and reasoned than puerile and infantile one liner dismissals)

This discussion is between Secular Arabs and Fundamentalists. If it happened on British TV the sane voices would be called Islamophobic or far-right and xenophobic, and the extremist voices would be manipulatively speaking the propaganda language of the left and playing the victim, and would be the one the Left side with.

Here's the discussion that shows what side Islam they currently vouch for and think it cultural enrichment to bring ever more people who share the fundamentalist views into the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xEH43Dmm4I
Reply 1
It's shameful that there's hardly any support from Western leftists for secular and liberal voices in Muslim-majority communities. It's also insane that support for those minority leftists comes from the Western conservatives while their liberal counterparts prop up Islamists who go against every single liberal value.
Original post by Ascend
It's shameful that there's hardly any support from Western leftists for secular and liberal voices in Muslim-majority communities. It's also insane that support for those minority leftists comes from the Western conservatives while their liberal counterparts prop up Islamists who go against every single liberal value.

It's a leftist lie that the Conservatives have always been far-right, homophobic, racist and oppressive and they, the impeccably virtuous Left, have been the great champions and liberators of the oppressed and worse off.

Pure delusion and hubris. They have always just opposed everything the right-wing do no matter what, and as we see here there is no limit to how far they'll go to do that. In the distance past they may have one or two issues like the NHS or social housing and the rich/poor class divide, where there was real, unified opposition to it on the right that was a black mark on Conservatives of the time, but it seems me everything else is just part of that delusional leftist belief in their own moral and intellectual supremacy.

It's complete bollox. It was only because the non-PC type left and some on the right started pointing out certain issues within Islam that the Left decided their enemy's enemy is their friend and have taken such an incredible inhumane and vile stance where they are unwilling to acknowledge or fallacious try to rationalize away, sweep under the carpet or paint a completely false picture of the most depraved evil and most morally reprehensible behavior.

Just so they can act superior and keep up this complete fake, disingenuous and hollow image of being the champions of the little guy, the worse off, the oppressed and superior to the right. Am I wrong?
(edited 6 years ago)
The left is a vague term to describe very broad and often disparate political views. Sadly many people miss this rather unsubtle point.

To argue that the left speak with one voice in that they promote and backs Islamic extremism and then provide a single vidro of two guys talking as evidence does not present an argument. Rather it demonstrates your own lazy thinking.
Original post by Sulfolobus
The left is a vague term to describe very broad and often disparate political views. Sadly many people miss this rather unsubtle point.

To argue that the left speak with one voice in that they promote and backs Islamic extremism and then provide a single vidro of two guys talking as evidence does not present an argument. Rather it demonstrates your own lazy thinking.

All individualists on the left. No group-think at all. Yeah, right. Self-deception at is finest. There are very few people today on the left that do not all devoutly share the New Left ideology and its raft of ism's and dogmas that comes from the radicalised students of the counter-culture movement, radicalized by Marxists thinkers.

To speak as if it's some wildly diverse broad church that is a bastion for intellectual plurity is the height of foolish ignorance. There exceptions are so rare, and a true outspoken crusader of at least the Majid Nawaz type nowhere to be seen, it's not's worth talking about.

Of course you've just dismissed any notion of your secular religion being morally compromised, based on silly and false objection. That's how you can remain with your head buried in the sand and ignore reality for so long. You religiously hold an ideology you believe is perfect and without fault, just like the Muslims in the video.

Try to deny if the secular types were white and that happened in the UK, they wouldn't get the treatment by the media I said they would. You're just oblivious to it. I wonder why/
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Underground906
...Marxists thinkers...

Marx didn't have a lot of sympathy for religion.
Original post by Axiomasher

What is so wrong with study and self-education that so many people today refuse to do any for themselves? Some of you can only think in little soundbites and silly misconceptions you've picked up via popular culture.

Mate, go and read the Marxist thinkers I'm on about. They had realized by world war 1 that the assumptions that the proles would unite across all divides and rise up against the ruling forces was wrong. They chose allegience to their nations, king and country first. Same is in world war two. So the ideology was constantly changing.

Some modern marxists then decided the 'long march through the institutions' was the way to go to bring about Marxist goals of a great levelling of society. Google that. It was the biggest political coup ever. And completely controls the dominant narrative of time. Where did political correctness and multi-culturalism (all cultures are to be celebrated except western ones, which was solely built on slavery and imperialism and must be denigrated)? Those thinkers.
(edited 6 years ago)
...Some of you can only think in little soundbites and silly misconceptions you've picked up via popular culture....

We're so fortunate to have your modest and diplomatic genius here to put things right, one internet post at a time.
We're so fortunate to have your modest and diplomatic genius here to put things right, one internet post at a time.

I don't suffer fools gladly.
Reply 9
Watch the video below and tell me how I am wrong if you can (and with something more intelligent and reasoned than puerile and infantile one liner dismissals)

This discussion is between Secular Arabs and Fundamentalists. If it happened on British TV the sane voices would be called Islamophobic or far-right and xenophobic, and the extremist voices would be manipulatively speaking the propaganda language of the left and playing the victim, and would be the one the Left side with.

Here's the discussion that shows what side Islam they currently vouch for and think it cultural enrichment to bring ever more people who share the fundamentalist views into the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xEH43Dmm4I

Both sides can be the victim at times. It is useful to use reasoned judgements rather than consuming blindly manipulated information. I believe both views can be found in both the left and right sides of the government but i doubt that the left is pro-extremist, doesn't seem rational.
I don't suffer fools gladly.

I have to admit, that was a little disappointing. I was hoping for several more paragraphs, a smattering of put-downs to lefties and a link to your favourite wiki article about Cultural Marxism.
Original post by Halima77
i doubt that the left is pro-extremist, doesn't seem rational.

They are. And of course it isn't rational.

They only people that are acting like this is some great mystery are ideologically corrupted people.
(edited 6 years ago)
Here's just one piece of proof, just from recently with an FGM campaigner's tweet being labelled as hate speech.

Meet the Ex-Muslim Abuse Victim Sadiq Khan Called a "Hate Preacher"

*Trigger Warning* She is being interviewed by a far-right, Neo-Nazi racist thug who dared to stand up to the vile form that the Secular Arabs in the video describe and the other-side, comparing the death penalty for apostacy to the kind of punishment you get for running a red light perfectly exemplify.

She speaks about FGM and get's called a Hate Preacher by the Labour Mayor of London.

We are forced to live with this vile insanity in the UK due to left-wing lunacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLfZP8CAgp8
(edited 6 years ago)
I have to admit, that was a little disappointing. I was hoping for several more paragraphs, a smattering of put-downs to lefties and a link to your favourite wiki article about Cultural Marxism.

Cheesy. Cheesy. Cheesy. Jog on cheese ball. I never expected anything more that smarmy, intellectually-challenged one liners from you with absolutely zero substance or logic. You didn't disappoint.
(edited 6 years ago)

OP's dislike of Islam is misguided but the first country which put Marxism into place protected Islam over Orthodox Christianity and only later turn on Islam once they'd succeeded in undermining the Church.

He needs to distinguish between what the left's goals are and what they are willing to do to achieve them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bars from mars
As much as I disagree with OP's dislike of Islam the first country which put Marxism into place protected Islam over Orthodox Christianity and only later turn on Islam once they'd succeeded in undermining the Church.

My dislike of the views of the fundamentalists in the video? Worded to give the impression the problem lies with my own dislike, islamophobia, and xenophobia. Probably unintentionally. That's what the media do to get you to view things their way, and maybe you have picked it up by osmosis.

Hands up who actually watched the video before commenting? Really? None of you? Why am I not shocked?

So you like there views do you Bars? I've heard about the complete destruction of people's attention spans in the twitter age, but surely people can spend 5 minutes to find out what the thread is actually about before commenting? People see Left-Wing and Islam and mostly go to a knee-jerk response like they've been conditioned to around the subject. That was the whole point in this thread.

How we can't have discussions like that in this country because the left would just shut you down with their knee-jerk stock responses and claims of far-right, islamophobe and how they hate Islam and are 'anti_islam' and spreading hate speech.

Never mind.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending