The Student Room Group

Will men and women ever be equal? Should they be?

Both physically and emotionally, men and women are different. There are activities in which men are better and there are things that women do better, nothing wrong with that.

So...what's all the fuss?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by freespeechisdead
both physically and emotionally, men and women are different. There are activities in which men are better and there are things that women do better, nothing wrong with that.

e x a c t l y
Prepare! They're coming!!!
Reply 3
Both physically and emotionally, men and women are different. There are activities in which men are better and there are things that women do better, nothing wrong with that.

Which activities do all men do better at? Spunking?
Tell that to beth phoenix
Original post by SomMC1
Feminists. that's the problem. disgusting really

So, have you prepared your funeral after making this post? :lol:

In terms of human, civil and working rights men and women should be equal to each other, as the reason is simple: they are humans, despite their difference and their gender.
Original post by Quady
Which activities do all men do better at? Spunking?

That’s one example. Another would be virtually any sport.
Equal opportunity, yes. Equal outcome, no.
Yeah i agree, theres just some stereotypical men who still say that they are the head of the family etc. And theres some women who THINK they are feminist but say hateful things to men. Feminists are all about equality.
Reply 10
Rather depends how far people are willing to push it. It wouldn't pass in legal competition, but has anyone every really experimented with whether the gap can be closed with drugs and so on?
Original post by TSRelif
Yeah i agree, theres just some stereotypical men who still say that they are the head of the family etc. And theres some women who THINK they are feminist but say hateful things to men. Feminists are all about equality.

The man being the head of the family means that he is the one who has to make the most sacrifices just to keep the family safe and well, even if it costs em' their life. Whilst they control the vast majority of the house policies, they literally have to be willing to die for their family if push comes to shove but, you know, if the women is willing to serve that role, then i am all for it.
Reply 12
Original post by Underscore__
That’s one example. Another would be virtually any sport.

I'll be honest, I doubt my local team (Queens Park) could beat Arsenal ladies even though Queens Park play in a bigger stadium.
Original post by Qup
The man being the head of the family means that he is the one who has to make the most sacrifices just to keep the family safe and well, even if it costs em' their life. Whilst they control the vast majority of the house policies, they literally have to be willing to die for their family if push comes to shove but, you know, if the women is willing to serve that role, then i am all for it.

Things are changing, some women have that role as well. I get your point.
Reply 14
I think they should have an equal chance of living a fulfilling life, and yes, that will ultimately mean they should be likely to attain roughly the same income. I think with the advancement of technology this will actually happen quite naturally, and I'll be interested to see societies reaction when it does.

Take for instance doctors and nurses. Both are vital to a person healing. No matter how good modern medicine is, one of the key parts of getting better is proper nutrition and rest, which ultimately is the job of a nurse. A doctor is paid much more though, and the argument for that is the extra education required (although because of the stupidity of a nurse needing a degree, that difference isn't what it once was). That's grand, but computer systems will increasingly be used to diagnose an illness, requiring a lot less skill and knowledge from the doctor, likely decreasing training and balancing out the pay. Surgeons and so on will likely still command a higher salary, but the standard GPs and ward consultants won't be of as much use any more. A nurse on the other hand is very difficult to replace with a machine. No only from the point of view of accurately interpreting a patients needs, but the actual human contact and engagement goes a long way towards a patients comfort.

Even in fields such as engineering, we're already at a stage where increasingly large parts of the design are being done by computers. From airframe parts where they simply put in the requirements and it spits out a shape to a 3D printer, to the entire shape and magnet placement for the latest experimental fusion reactor.
Reply 15
The human body reaches a limit though, we can't just infinitely make ourselves stronger by taking substances. Is that limit the same for men and women though? Considering the ethics of it I'd be surprised if there's really been much research into it, but it could be interesting.
Reply 16
Original post by Quady
I'll be honest, I doubt my local team (Queens Park) could beat Arsenal ladies even though Queens Park play in a bigger stadium.

They'd beat Arsenal ladies without even breaking a sweat.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html
Reply 17
But why is taking the same dose relevant? If the limit is size and not dose, then the women would just take more to get there.

I'm not saying that would necessarily happen, I highly doubt anyone knows for certain, just interesting to speculate.

N.B. And no, "technically" you couldn't because as you say, you'd die loooong before.
(edited 5 years ago)
Feminism has changed its meaning as a word. Feminists are now trying to make the female gender superior, so how can they talk about equality???
Reply 19
But why is equal conditions relevant? You still haven't addressed that very simple point. You said the strongest men will always be stronger because of basic biology, but these days we're able to fairly easily overcome basic biology, so why is it relevant?

As for females not made to be big, is there any real evidence for that? They're built to carry a baby for starters, which suggests at the very least the female anatomy is able to support extra weight than it's natural state.

And you're statement of "if we’re talking naturally, the man will be bigger and stronger 99% of the time" is either very poorly worded or just wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending