The Student Room Group

Will men and women ever be equal? Should they be?

Scroll to see replies

It is true that men and women have different traits / characteristics that are biological and innate and cannot be changed e.g. men and women's bodies have differe composition so would be unfair to have a male boxer fight a female boxer.

However I find that the issue is usually that we assume that men/women do not possess the traits of the opposite sex or excel in areas we have ascribed a certain sex to. Could further be argued that because of this, we value the stereotypically 'male' traits only in the buisness world and stereotypically 'female' traits valued only in domestic scenarios - so opportunities for men and women to be equal in the same situation (where physicality is irrelevant) is difficult.

Will men and women ever be equal? Probably not. Should they? Yes.
Original post by Underscore__
Where’s your evidence that boys perform worse because of a lack of effort and drugs?

ummmm my dad( even tho later my dad stopped ) , my cousins lol it happens everywhere . my dad didn't study coz he didn't want to infect my grandparents never really put emphasis on education lol
Original post by Bobo344
ummmm my dad( even tho later my dad stopped ) , my cousins lol it happens everywhere . my dad didn't study coz he didn't want to infect my grandparents never really put emphasis on education lol

"Um my dad and my cousins, so it happens everywhere". Nice logic.
Original post by iamElectro
"Um my dad and my cousins, so it happens everywhere". Nice logic.

look what im trying to say is that the reason uve put forward regarding boys not being able to get educated or girls surpassing boys in academics . I mean whose fault is it ? why dont u tell me
yeah I hope it changes I don't know what the future has to hold
e x a c t l y

ironic.jpg

oops
Look at this lol Olympic level Womens team got beat by 15 year old kids in football. Why do feminist ask for equal pay lol when they not even competing at the same level as boys. https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html
they should be obviously but in some parts of the world i don't think they ever will be
Original post by Axiomasher
ironic.jpg

oops

Ye that's what the op said and that I agreed with, idiot.

Be careful guys the angry feminists are coming. Well, they're already here...
Reply 69
Original post by STw67
Cos i see it with my own eyes, doofus. And if you open yours, you will see to. Go on to Instagram, Snapchat, Watch Love Island, Celebrity relationships etc wYou'll see millions of Girls/Young Women looking for approval of how they LOOK. Not what they're good at, or how intelligent they are, Specifically how they look ?

you just don't see the same amount of numbers with Men, it's very low.

That's because you spend so much time looking at young girls on instagram, so they suggest more for you to look at.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=hot+guys+on+instagram

As for Love Island, fortunately I've missed most of it, but from what I've heard of the guys they certainly aren't there for their brains...
Ye that's what the op said and that I agreed with, idiot....

I wouldn't say he was an idiot as such, just lacking in facts/logic. It's pretty obvious that there are plenty of women who are stronger than plenty of men, it comes down to the individuals concerned. Generalisations are easily misleading and often erroneous when we look at one person as measured against another. Not angry, just schooling you.
Nope we aren't equal and never will be. We are suited for different thing. This doesn't mean ******** about the gender pay gap is true...it isn't.
I wouldn't say he was an idiot as such, just lacking in facts/logic. It's pretty obvious that there are plenty of women who are stronger than plenty of men, it comes down to the individuals concerned. Generalisations are easily misleading and often erroneous when we look at one person as measured against another. Not angry, just schooling you.

Hah, schooling me. You clearly took it the wrong way. We were talking about the average male vs the average female. Of course there are women stronger than men!
Original post by Bobo344

So because you know a few people that didn’t study because they took drugs that must mean that all boys are the same. I think you need to look into the difference between evidence and anecdote
Hah, schooling me. You clearly took it the wrong way. We were talking about the average male vs the average female. Of course there are women stronger than men!

But that's not what they actually said tho.
Reply 75
Fixed.

Why can't we just treat everyone as an individual regardless of whether they are male and female?

Because feminism exists in the UK. It makes me despise certain White Women. Yes you heard me, Feminism is a Middle Class-White Girls club. That's what it is, and this has resulted in gender quota's in everything even Men's Sports.
They will never be equal especially in the East but they should be
Reply 77
Fixed.

Why can't we just treat everyone as an individual regardless of whether they are male and female?

Because feminism exists in the UK. It makes me despise certain White Women. Yes you heard me, Feminism is a Middle Class-White Girls club. That's what it is, and this has resulted in gender quota's in everything even Men's Sports.
Original post by MiriamButcher
And why do you think that these women only see value in their looks, and that the main audience causing them to be this way is the group of older men? This can be attributed to a fairly patriarchal society. The older, rich men seem to have the most power, and the women are then able to get some of that money/power by pleasing these older men. That’s why it doesn’t work for younger men (because society hasn’t reached a point yet where the older generations are equal in opportunity and wealth).

Hang on, i hear women all the time in this country going on and on about being a "strong, empowered and independent women" whatever the hell that means as it makes me chuckle. Why are Women being influenced by Older Men ? Because Women want power and money while not having to work for it themselves. No-one forces Girls/Women to have surgery to improve their looks, you do it out of your own accord.

Why are Women so desperate for a sugardaddy ? That's the question you should be asking. Again i scoff, we don't live in a Patriachy or Girls wouldn't be allowed a education and we wouldn't have a Women as Prime Minister. You are the type of people i despise, blame Men for your own faults and faults in society..
Original post by Quady
Which activities do all men do better at? Spunking?

For one thing, anything that requires expending brute force, particularly when things must be lifted to height. Both in strength and height, the women are at a disadvantage. Conversely, women have the advantage when patience and 'fine motor skill' are needed. Building electronic circuit cards, and assembly of precision electronics are two areas that women clearly outshine men. I speak with over 25 years of experience running such projects for the US Government. Cheers.
Original post by STw67

Hang on, i hear women all the time in this country going on and on about being a "strong, empowered and independent women" whatever the hell that means as it makes me chuckle. Why are Women being influenced by Older Men ? Because Women want power and money while not having to work for it themselves. No-one forces Girls/Women to have surgery to improve their looks, you do it out of your own accord.

Why are Women so desperate for a sugardaddy ? That's the question you should be asking. Again i scoff, we don't live in a Patriachy or Girls wouldn't be allowed a education and we wouldn't have a Women as Prime Minister. You are the type of people i despise, blame Men for your own faults and faults in society..

You didn’t really read most of my post did you? I have one possible explanation about why older men are the most powerful and that this is lessening in the UK (hence why younger men don’t have much over women of the same age). I have never once blamed a man for my “faults” (and I’d like to know what you think they are). The majority of women aren’t “desperate for a sugar daddy”, and you are being hypocritical when you say that you hate women for simply blaming men for everything, yet you say that all women are desperate for a “sugar daddy”.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending