The Student Room Group

Lefties, come on in. See how your notions of rehabilitation have worked so well.

A serial rapist who carried out a string of sex attacks on 11 women and children across England has been given 33 life sentences.
Joseph McCann's victims were aged between 11 and 71 and included three women who were abducted off the street at knifepoint and repeatedly raped.
He was found guilty of 37 offences at the Old Bailey on Friday.
Mr Justice Edis said McCann, who must serve a minimum of 30 years, was "a threat to children" and "a paedophile".
The judge described him as a "classic psychopath" and called for an "independent and systematic" investigation into why "the system failed to protect" McCann's victims.

Been in and out of prison, been involved in criminal activity from the age of 10.

Rehabilitation solves everything apparently, apart from protect victims...

This bloke should have been locked up ages ago for life, and life should mean life.

Simple question to all the left wing liberals, should this bloke be ever let out of prison again?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imlikeahermit
Been in and out of prison, been involved in criminal activity from the age of 10.

This bloke should have been locked up ages ago for life, and life should mean life.

Simple question to all the left wing liberals, should this bloke be ever let out of prison again?

No he should not. Not all ‘lefties’ support early release. The fundamental principle is that everyone should be given the chance at rehabilitation. If it does not work, then they stay in prison.
Even with his record and what he has done here he only got 30 yrs. Less than 3 yrs per rape. He should have gotten a whole life tariff.
The good news is rapists in prison are seen as one step above child abusers(which he also was) his life will be hell.
No.
Rape is the only crime that deserves the death penalty in my opinion
Original post by Glaz

What about murder, pedophilia, incest and other horrible crimes? Should those people be allowed to live their best lives?
Pretty sure right wingers don't see rape as that big of a deal.
Original post by Glaz

Some people CAN be rehabilitated, but a rapist is only going to go and rape 10 more, they can't be stopped. I doubt rehabilitation would work well with the current prison system though.
Original post by Wired_1800
What about murder, pedophilia, incest and other horrible crimes? Should those people be allowed to live their best lives?

Those deserve life if the sentence is life and they shouldn't be let out before, but rape is the only crime I support the death penalty on.
Original post by Glaz
Those deserve life if the sentence is life and they shouldn't be let out before, but rape is the only crime I support the death penalty on.

Wow! You want a murderer to have life sentence but a rapist to receive death. That is an interesting perspective.

I support death for murderers and pedophiles.
Wow! You want a murderer to have life sentence but a rapist to receive death. That is an interesting perspective.

Well yeah because in my opinion rape is a worse crime than murder so that's why :dontknow:
Original post by Glaz

This just demonstrates emotional decision making.

Should have got the death penalty
Reply 13

This bloke should have been locked up ages ago for life, and life should mean life. th

The attacker in the recent london bridge stabbing was let out of prison early
Original post by Jebedee
This just demonstrates emotional decision making.

As I said above, I think that rape is a worse crime than murder. It's not really emotional decision making, it's just my opinion :dontknow:
Original post by Glaz
Well yeah because in my opinion rape is a worse crime than murder so that's why :dontknow:

What? Ok.

Maybe you can create a thread to discuss this perspective. What is the worst crime to commit? Rape, murder, incest, theft, terrorism?
What? Ok.

Maybe you can create a thread to discuss this perspective. What is the worst crime to commit? Rape, murder, incest, theft, terrorism?

I don't want to create that thread because in my experience with D&CA it isn't going to end well :lol:

Also which muppet would say that theft is worse than terrorism or murder or rape or whatever :rofl:

If I was going to rate them personally, it would go rape (miles above the rest), terrorism, murder, theft, incest
What? Ok.

Theft and incest don’t deserve the death penalty imho
That is fair. I think the two that deserve automatic death is murder and pedophilia. The others should be jail term according to a jury.
Original post by Glaz
I don't want to create that thread because in my experience with D&CA it isn't going to end well :lol:

Also which muppet would say that theft is worse than terrorism or murder or rape or whatever :rofl:

If I was going to rate them personally, it would go rape (miles above the rest), terrorism, murder, theft, incest

Why rape though? Why not murder or pedophilia?

Some theft are heinous crimes. Imagine robbing an OAP without support and this leads to their death?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending