The Student Room Group

Lockdown is a bad thing

(I wrote this on another thread and decided to make a thread on this)
I know i might get hate for this, but I dont think covid 19 is as big of a deal as the media and government make it out to be. We've secluded ourselves forever, ruined our education, made our self depressed for a virus that is slightly different than the flu. I don't think lockdown is necessary. People are stuck with their abusers, losing their jobs etc just because of a flu like virus. Lockdown is more deadly than covid 19. We should've gone for herd immunity instead like sweden, or maybe just practice social distancing and masks etc but not total lockdown

GUYS IM SORRY I KNOW THIS IS CONTROVERSIAL MAYBE MY OPINION IS WRONG IDK
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannah0505
I know i might get hate for this, but I dont think covid 19 is as big of a deal as the media and government make it out to be. We've secluded ourselves forever, ruined our education, made our self depressed for a virus that is slightly different than the flu. I don't think lockdown is necessary. People are stuck with their abusers, losing their jobs etc just because of a flu like virus. Lockdown is more deadly than covid 19. We should've gone for herd immunity instead like sweden, or maybe just practice social distancing and masks etc but not total lockdown

Like Sweden?!? :frown: 7931 cases/million people?! (the highest in Europe) The UK has 4453/million atm. And no, Covid-19 is not 'like flu'. Your ignorance doesn't make you right.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ZR246
Like Sweden?!? :frown: 7931 cases/million people?! (the highest in Europe) The UK has 4453/million atm. And no, Covid-19 is not 'like flu'. Your ignorance doesn't make you right.

Its my opnion lockodwn is dangerous in its own way, something else has to be done then and not this overreactation
for a virus that is slightly different than the flu.

But the "slight differences" were a massively higher mortality rate and rate of transmission. If all it did was make people's noses a bit runnier, then that would be a slight difference that would not justify a lockdown. But killing way more people with no sign of a vaccine or cure in sight is the sort of slight difference that does unfortunately require a few extra precautions.
Reply 4
lockdown is ruining peoples futures
lockdown is ruining peoples futures

So would being dead. If you want a source of frustration, direct it at our government's piss-poor early response when we had a chance to take it seriously, which would have stopped measures needing to be so strict for so long.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
fair enough

The way the authorities are carrying on, you would think it's now impossible to die of anything else.
Reply 8
Original post by Nick'sLastStand
The way the authorities are carrying on, you would think it's now impossible to die of anything else.

exactly
Reply 9
To say that this is like the flu is just ignorant.
The flu kills 250 to 500 thousand a year- Covid has killed 674 thousand in a matter of months.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by LovelyMrFox
To say that this is like the flu is just ignorant.
The flu kills 30-60 thousand a year- Covid has killed 674 thousand in a matter of months.

I wouldn't trust the media at all. This is all agenda driven and the 'pandemic' is an afterthought. Its all about transitioning the economy out of the post WW2 free market model and it in global communitarianism/Agenda 21. All our institutions are hell bent on removing our social traditions and replacing them with tech.
Reply 11
I wouldn't trust the media at all. This is all agenda driven and the 'pandemic' is an afterthought. Its all about transitioning the economy out of the post WW2 free market model and it in global communitarianism/Agenda 21. All our institutions are hell bent on removing our social traditions and replacing them with tech.

You really made an account just for this? :rolleyes:
The negative effects of lockdown could have been better managed however it was necessary. As much as you made read it on social media Covid-19 is not just the flu. It is far more deadly and spreads much faster. No one is disagreeing with the problems caused by lockdown but I would imagine death or losing multiple family members would have a worse effect on someone’s mental health than lockdown

Suck my ****

This is exactly the sort of top shelf content I'd expect from someone using a Nick Griffin avatar.
I know people dont like anecdotal evidence here, but a lot of my family lives in Sweden and my uncle actaully died from covid, it's very scary and no government plan should be 🤷🏿 idk let's just let the weak die and see what happens lololololol
Reply 15

So you think 60,000 dead wasnt nearly enough?
Reply 16

To be honest its enough to make me think these conspiracy theory spewing toss pots have a point. Surely there must be something in the water to make them this impressively dim?!
Reply 17
Original post by Napp
To be honest its enough to make me think these conspiracy theory spewing toss pots have a point. Surely there must be something in the water to make them this impressively dim?!

Whatever happened to that one about fluoride in the water causing human's IQs to go down? Perhaps they were on to something...
Reply 18
Its my opnion lockodwn is dangerous in its own way, something else has to be done then and not this overreactation

We never had a total lockdown in the UK; we had more freedom than other countries where there were restrictions like requiring written permission to go out shopping.

If you think 'something else' should have been done, what is the 'something else' and what is the medical basis for it?
Original post by ZR246

You chose to edit, but you are still wrong. What do cases matter? Cases are simply "for the record". Testing more and finding the tests to be positive does not mean there is an outbreak; one simply has evidence for their prevalence, which should otherwise go unnoticed. More in the UK may have themselves tested if they were not so scared.

Where you'll want to look is deaths per million- that puts everything into perspective. Do you know where the UK currently ranks? Second.

Please find the referenced link:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending