The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel for Accounting?

So I'm applying for Accounting/Accountancy/Accounting&Finance for Uni, but I'm not really sure what the best options are.

My A-levels are BBC with an A in my AS, and my options are:
BPP University
Westminister University
East London University
Birckbeck University
The University of Law (this one's a bit of a stretch, but I figured it's good to have one 'aspirational' choice)

I found that Brunel University is pretty decent as well, though I need BBB to get into it. Are any of my choices worth replacing for Brunel, which I'm not too likely to get, or should I replace The University of Law with that option?
Hmmm, I would also agree that Brunel University is one of the best from that list.

What is the grade requirements for Uni of Law? But yeah, definitely make sure to go with one that is BBB because an A in AS does look impressive.

I would check if Brunel do go into clearing on results day as they will hand out offers to people with reduced grades then.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Paranoiaa
Hmmm, I would also agree that Brunel University is one of the best from that list.

What is the grade requirements for Uni of Law? But yeah, definitely make sure to go with one that is BBB because an A in AS does look impressive.

I would check if Brunel do go into clearing on results day as they will hand out offers to people with reduced grades then.

Uni of Law is BBC, but they don't take AS levels or UCAS tariff points into account, so my application would be entirely based on my A-levels which feels like a huge blow since I got an A in that.

Which one of the schools would you replace for Brunel? And what would you say the other 'better' choices are from the list?
I would say go for:

Uni of Brunel
Westminster University
East London University
Birkbeck University
The University of Law

I definitely think Westminster University and Birkbeck University have one of the best reputations from that list but make sure you understand the modules each uni offers for the course since some may be more interesting or relevant for you. You can also talk to students studying there and more specifically your course from enquiries on their website.
Reply 4
Original post by Paranoiaa
I would say go for:

Uni of Brunel
Westminster University
East London University
Birkbeck University
The University of Law

I definitely think Westminster University and Birkbeck University have one of the best reputations from that list but make sure you understand the modules each uni offers for the course since some may be more interesting or relevant for you. You can also talk to students studying there and more specifically your course from enquiries on their website.

Yeah, I picked Westminster for the reputation, though a lot of people on here say that Brunel is a better choice than Westminster so I wanted to try adding it to the list.

Just curious though, why would you remove BPP from the list? From what I saw, it looks pretty promising.
Original post by 98119
Yeah, I picked Westminster for the reputation, though a lot of people on here say that Brunel is a better choice than Westminster so I wanted to try adding it to the list.

Just curious though, why would you remove BPP from the list? From what I saw, it looks pretty promising.

Yeah definitely, Brunel is the best out of all them. And BPP is private university right? I just haven’t heard much about it to be honest. If you think it looks promising, change it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending