The Student Room Group

University Selection

I have an offer letter from both Kingston University and Brunel University for MSc in Data Science for Sep 24 intake. Which Uni should I choose based on its reputation and employabilty?
Original post by shayan.asif786
I have an offer letter from both Kingston University and Brunel University for MSc in Data Science for Sep 24 intake. Which Uni should I choose based on its reputation and employabilty?

Hi @shayan.asif786.

Congratulations:clap2: on your offers!

Kingston is a great university to study at. The university was recently awarded TEF Gold for its outstanding student experience and outcomes. Also, its Data Science MSc course is accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS) and the Chartered Institute for IT.

As a current student at Kingston University, I can say that there are a number of facilities to support you with employment and practical skills development. The University has a Career and Employability Service which assists students with advice on job searches and career options. It also runs career fairs to help you meet prospective employers and enhance your employability skills.

Additionally, Kingston's location in London is an advantage. It opens up endless opportunities for internships, networking events, and career prospects in the thriving data scene.

Ultimately, choosing between schools is about finding the right fit for you and your goals. I would recommend chatting with any of our current students via this link for more insights and to find out if Kingston is the right fit for you. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Wishing you all the best!

Roseline
Kingston University PG Student Rep
Hi @shayan.asif786

Great to hear you're considering Brunel for your MSc in Data Science!

Brunel is a great place to study Data Science, the programme is highly practice, with modules typically taught via lectures and seminars with some lab work too!

The course is designed to offer you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in several data analytics tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Tableau), programming languages (R, Python) and machine learning libraries.

The MSc in Data Science from Brunel will equip you to work in leading data science organisations. Companies seeking to employ Brunel data science grads include Accenture, AstraZeneca, AXA Insurance, British Airways, Capgemini, Experian, FICO, GE Healthcare, HSBC, nPower, Orange, PayPal, Sopra and Waitrose!

In terms of Brunel itself it is a campus based uni meaning everything is right at your fingertips. There are loads of great eating spots, world-class sports facilities and student support services. There's a real community feel.

If you have an offer letter you will be invited to our applicant day on 10th April, I'd highly recommend coming along as you'll get a real feel for what life is like at Brunel,

Good luck and all the best,

Sophie
(Brunel Student Rep)
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending