The Student Room Group

Feeling accepted in Britain (for ethnic minorities)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Both my parents are arab and I was also born in an Arab country and moved here when I was 4 years old. I agree, I don't feel like I'll ever 'fit in' although it's understandable since I wasn't born here but I don't think that should be a reason to not accept people. I suppose it doesn't really matter!
Original post by hurricaneee
In northern ireland we have to deal with the protestant/catholic divide, just up the road from me a middle aged man, father of five, was dragged out of his house at 10:00 pm and was shot dead in his garden, this was at the start of the week.

It's a bit weird how you N Irish people are still doing this Christian war thing in 2015.
Original post by al_94
I don't need to rebuttal anything you said because I know people with this elitist mentality will not change. How can you deny being an English elitist?

The onus of proof lies on the accuser. You have accused me of being an “English elitist”, thus you must prove me to be guilty of that charge. One cannot accuse someone of murder and expect the accused to prove themselves innocent when the accuser has provided no evidence to the contrary.

Also, the verb is “rebut”, whereas “rebuttal” is the noun.
Original post by ProudEnglishman
Yes.

Dream on buddy,Britain is now in the hands of 'immigrants' mwahahaha
Well I was born in America and moved to Britain when I was 10. I feel american but I'm used to british culture.

Sadly I identify more with british than american.
Original post by elhm1800
What gives you the right to pick and choose races to stay in our country. You're a disgrace to your country you racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rights do not exist as anything other than mere abstractions. However, as a native Englishman, I have the duty to perpetuate my people and thus my fatherland. By whose standards am I a disgrace to this country? Also, I do not care for the Orwellian buzzword, “racist”.
Original post by bittr n swt
Well I was born in America and moved to Britain when I was 10. I feel american but I'm used to british culture.

Sadly I identify more with british than american.

Oh my late mother was a Newyorker from park slope and I do miss New York,wish I could go back!
Original post by al_94
The hypocrisy of people with this mentality is they forget British whites had a major role in the slave trade and colonization so how can they blame non whites when they treated them like animals.

His dreams and hopes will never come true
Rights do not exist as anything other than mere abstractions. However, as a native Englishman, I have the duty to perpetuate my people and thus my fatherland. By whose standards am I a disgrace to this country? Also, I do not care for the Orwellian buzzword, “racist”.

Oh I'm so sorry you dont like the word racist. Let me choose some others such as bigot? No? Ok what about deluded? No? According to you human rights are mere abstractions are they? Can you even hear yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queen-bee
Dream on buddy,Britain is now in the hands of 'immigrants' mwahahaha

Oh my late mother was a Newyorker from park slope and I do miss New York,wish I could go back!

Ahh I liked that neighbourhood:smile:
London reminds me of NY which is why I love going to london over Christmas.

Don't you dare use Jennifer Lawrence to further your deluded agenda.
Reply 272
The onus of proof lies on the accuser. You have accused me of being an “English elitist”, thus you must prove me to be guilty of that charge. One cannot accuse someone of murder and expect the accused to prove themselves innocent when the accuser has provided no evidence to the contrary.

Also, the verb is “rebut”, whereas “rebuttal” is the noun.

You admitted you want all non whites out of the UK. You think England should be defined as a super power. You think the English language is superior to other languages. You call Bolton "Boltonistan" and London "Londonistan" even though White English are the largest ethnic group living there.
Original post by bittr n swt
Ahh I liked that neighbourhood:smile:
London reminds me of NY which is why I love going to london over Christmas.

It was definitely better than most neighbourhoods in Brooklyn
Original post by elhm1800
Oh I'm so sorry you dont like the word racist. Let me choose some others such as bigot? No? Ok what about deluded? No? According to you human rights are mere abstractions are they? Can you even hear yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course human rights are abstractions! What, do you think some spook in the sky bestowed them unto us?

Does the deer not have a “right” to not have his throat torn apart by hyaenas? Of course he doesn't!

Original post by Inglisred
Don't you dare use Jennifer Lawrence to further your deluded agenda.

On whose veritable authority ought I to cease to do so?
Don't worry,I'm an aspiring medic. I hope to catch up to your level sometime,in the not so distant future!

Good luck
Original post by DorianGrayism
Good luck

I don't need it but thanks anyway :smile:
Don't put quotation marks around “Brit” as if we don't exist. Other than that, I don't know why any Englishman would think any less of you because you're a Dutchman. They seemingly forget that the Anglo-Saxons were from the same Germanic stock as the Dutch, as were the Normans and the Norse. So you are more than welcome here provided you show respect to the fatherland, us Britons, and so on.

I've never known an Englander to think England still a “superpower”; if anything, those of us who still allocate time for thinking lament its former glorious state. With regards to languages, many English will never leave Britain for more than a holiday, so why ought they to go to the effort of learning a new language? To learn a new language properly, they'd have to learn how grammar works, linguistics; and if they cannot understand the grammar and etymological history of their own language, how would they cope? It'd be a pointless exercise. And besides, English has become the new Latin: so many people internationally with whom one would be likely to speak (so not in some slums somewhere or in the Amazonian rainforest), they speak English, thus further making learning other languages for the ordinary English fellow completely and utterly pointless. I, as somewhat of a linguist, however, do enjoy looking into other languages, and I also have quite a bit of spare time on my hands with me being at college. Not to mention that French, Spanish and German are taught across England in schools, so to say that there is not opportunity to learn another language is pure tripe; if people want to learn a new language, tell them to make use of the internet or a book-store after learning the mechanisms behind their vernacular first.

You must be in Yorkshire or somewhere likewise further North for Lancashire is quite plentiful in its die-versity, and we constantly have it shoved down our throats via the miseducation-system and the lamestream-media. So we are more than acquainted with the fifty shades of foreigner, thank you. And if you think we don't have folk from other lands “flowing freely” into this land, then you are blind to the lack of immigration-regulation in this country; there are many areas throughout this once pleasant land in which one would be lucky to find a single Englishman (Boltonistan and many parts of Londonistan come to mind).

[video="youtube;uxm1mqbgxcM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxm1mqbgxcM&spfreload=10[/video]

The quotation marks were meant as I consider "Brit" a colloquialism of British person.
As an English person, I doubt that you would notice yourself (or more likely other people), thinking less of those of another culture (I imagine that if I do this, I wouldn't notice this). Also, I'm not saying that everyone does this; due to your being here, I am assuming that you are of average or above intelligence, and with that, often comes a certain understanding and tolerance of other cultures, so therefore I doubt that you would be one of the people that does this.
As for the learning of languages, I'd say that most people around the world would leave their country for any reason other than holiday, so in terms of that, England isn't exclusively the only one.
You mentioned that nobody in England thinks of their country as a superpower, yet why then do a large amount of people the world over also learn English? And why do the English still expect them to learn a foreign language? So perhaps you don't think of England as a superpower, but the connotations of it are still very firmly there.
I took French for 8 years (A* at GCSE), but yet I can barely enough French to order an icecream or ask for directions to the cinema, yet my family in the Netherlands go to courses at Uni taught in English. My school does not offer German as a language, but I know a handful of people who are doing German at A2 level, and still I can speak German better than them...
Yorkshire? North? Bah, go back to your Surrey mansion you lowland land lover! I live in the real North, where I am one of three pupils who'm do not have an English passport, one of three of whose first language in not English, all that in a school of 1000 pupils (that would amount to 99.7% of population being English).
Original post by JulianRothschild
What do you categorise as being allowed in Britain? Is Natalie Portman allowed? is Nikolas Tesla allowed?

To me Tesla is more superior than a majority of English natives. He actually achieved something for humanity. To further provoke your mind, in the current and evident future, the feudal system is a thing of the past. Superiority of an individual is measured by monetary wealth and entrepreneurship, rather than a particular country.

My apologies if this hurts your perceived view on 'superiority' but unless you are somehow wealthy, you to me are nothing but a walking dictionary.

All the best,

Julian

Those allowed to remain in Britain are the indigenous folk and the non-indigenous, contributive, law-abiding Europeans already present. Natalie Portman is a semitic profligate and thus would be evicted. Nikolas Tesla would be welcomed with open arms and declared the king.

When have I ever spoken of the English being “superior”? I have not. I have spoke only of them being my people and not necessarily superior to other peoples.

And if all you care about is a man's wealth, then you are truly poor, capitalist scum. You certainly live up to your surname, Rothschild.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending