59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    It may have been mentioned before but doesn't the experiences of Dalek Caan going back in time and resurrecting Davros and the Daleks leave things open for resurrection of the Time Lords?
    I don't know. At the very least it shows that even if something is 'time locked', it can be worked around.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    RTD is supposed to be pressing a 'reset switch' before series 5 in 2010, whether this includes bringing back the Time Lords is yet to be seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    I don't think so...

The storyline we got was that Khan went back and *saved* Davros from being destroyed in the TimeWar, and then Davros was able to build a new Dalek empire.

Bit different to making a new Davros.
    but surely, The Doctor now has no humans on board so he can travel back to the original Gallifrey (this has been an obstacle in the past (I think the 4th Doctor) , having humans on board) and might also justify a handful of specials as opposed to entire series!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    but surely, The Doctor now has no humans on board so he can travel back to the original Gallifrey (this has been an obstacle in the past (I think the 4th Doctor) , having humans on board) and might also justify a handful of specials as opposed to entire series!

Dalek Khan went insane...

..though, would we notice if the Doctor was? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why does that not surprise me?

Just you wait... He'll die for real sometime soon, he'll regenerate and there'll be a *totally* different Doctor.

Let's hope it's someone completely unfanciable - that'll sort the real Doctor Who fans from the obsessed, fantasising females :p:
    Scuse me, kid! I used to watch the classic ones on UK Gold! I'm a real fan. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Dalek Khan went insane...

..though, would we notice if the Doctor was? :p:
    I don't think we actually would because....he is insane! But we love it

It makes his character anyway, a bit of maddness never hurt anyone did it?!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Naughty)

It makes his character anyway, a bit of maddness never hurt anyone did it?!:yep:

Very true. Looking back, all the Doctors were a little bit unhinged - who can blame them? - but in a good way.

I don't suppose anyone sane could yeild a Sonic Screwdriver and keep a straight face...

(Original post by theredsox)
    Scuse me, kid! I used to watch the classic ones on UK Gold! I'm a real fan.
    It's always amusing being called "kid" by someone who's younger than you:rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Naughty)

He does actually hint at this when he notes that CAL, insane with two thousand voices talking in her head, "must feel like... well, me."

ReputationRep:
    Very true. Looking back, all the Doctors were a little bit unhinged - who can blame them? - but in a good way.

I don't suppose anyone sane could yeild a Sonic Screwdriver and keep a straight face...

It's always amusing being called "kid" by someone who's younger than you:rolleyes: :p:
    I've called 50 year old men kids. I wouldn't worry about it!

ReputationRep:

Oh, i don't know...

:p:

I'm still waiting for Series 1 of the new series' to come down in price :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The thing I don't understand is how did Dalek Khan go insane, I know he flew into the time war but how did that make him go insane?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    The thing I don't understand is how did Dalek Khan go insane, I know he flew into the time war but how did that make him go insane?

He saw things that his mind could not deal with. Daleks are not given complex brains. They follow orders and kill...

The Time War was sealed [well, supposedly], something to cross that divide would have to be immensely powerful.

And, I guess, we can come back to the fact that it's all made up! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    He saw things that his mind could not deal with. Daleks are not given complex brains. They follow orders and kill...

The Time War was sealed [well, supposedly], something to cross that divide would have to be immensely powerful.

But really he was faking it, pretending he was on Davros' side when he wasn't, and at the end I didn't think he seemed as mad... :p:
    But yeah, made up and brilliant

ReputationRep:

what u on about, of course it's not made up.
    what else do you think caused the volcanic eruption in pompeii?
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Spoil-sport, ruining everyone else's fun :rolleyes:

Doctor Who is reality...pfft. everyone knows that!

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, was expecting the 4th episode on tonight on bbc3...it's not on till Sunday

ReputationRep:
    Ninth Doctor: "The Dalek's a genius. He can calculate a thousand billion combinations in one second."

"He just absorbed the internet!"

ReputationRep:
    My take on it was that entering the Time War caused the entire of Time to enter Kahn's mind, or for him to see it, which Daleks are not designed to possess. And that's what drove him mad...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Bachelor)
    Ninth Doctor: "The Dalek's a genius. He can calculate a thousand billion combinations in one second."

"He just absorbed the internet!"
    Yea, we have about a billion processes going on in our brains ever second (or something stupidly huge anyways).

Besides... Daleks don't have emotions, and there's a whole lot of difference between computers and us :p:

The time war would have had a lot of emotions running, which Khan would have absorbed, but he's not made to deal with them :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    By the way, to everyone, it's Dalek Caan, not Khan :p: Just for reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    By the way, to everyone, it's Dalek Caan, not Khan :p: Just for reference.

Be that as it may, I prefer to think of

[Genghis]

...as opposed to...

[James]

:p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.