Report 5 years ago
And btw I'm from Harrow
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by und3niable_)
Oh yeah tell me about it. £30 for a taxi back from watford on a night out! Wish London would have more nightbuses. But your problem will be no longer with 24 Hr tube in approx 15 months
lol yeah its £20 for me although only done it once, got taxis more often from edgware when coming back from the primrose hill/ camden area (£14) or Harrow on the Hill when going to Junction (£10) not a fan of watford for a night out tbh. and if you have a look at my post there are no tubes near where i live & they are only upgrading some of the tubes to 24 hours and met & jubilee aren't amongst the first lot.
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
lol yeah its £20 for me although only done it once, got taxis more often from edgware when coming back from the primrose hill/ camden area (£14) or Harrow on the Hill when going to Junction (£10) not a fan of watford for a night out tbh. and if you have a look at my post there are no tubes near where i live & they are only upgrading some of the tubes to 24 hours and met & jubilee aren't amongst the first lot.
Yeah Watford's not too good, I just like a little oceana every now and then. Oh wow, and Norwich's cab prices are pretty meagre in comparison at 6£. Paid 16£ for a cab in cambridge the other week to go the same distance from the town centre there
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah Watford's not too good, I just like a little oceana every now and then. Oh wow, and Norwich's cab prices are pretty meagre in comparison at 6£. Paid 16£ for a cab in cambridge the other week to go the same distance from the town centre there
ouch. most ive had to pay for one cab fair in norwich is £8
subject_delta
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As someone who loathes "clubbing", it's not too bad. The shops in the town centre are standard fare, and very easy to get to. I don't understand the claims of "chavvy" since I've only seen the standard number.
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by subject_delta)
As someone who loathes "clubbing", it's not too bad. The shops in the town centre are standard fare, and very easy to get to. I don't understand the claims of "chavvy" since I've only seen the standard number.
Compared to other places I've been to I've seen more chavs but I agree with you about the shops.
kieran101090
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Uxbridge is much better than harrow, used to clg there

Posted from TSR Mobile
leonardo10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not ALL about education though. I feel for you because I know how boring it is there. My town's alright, we have a uni of westminster campus there and it's much better situated than brunel with better nightlife. Middlesex as a county and the universities there are just crap places to live as a student

am actually considering a transfer but don't know how to go about it. any advice would be great.
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by leonardo10)
am actually considering a transfer but don't know how to go about it. any advice would be great.
You should post it in the ucas/university help forum. It depends on what course you're doing, your grades and the university you want to go to.
User1246815
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by leonardo10)
Hi!
I'm like a year late joining this thread but in serious need of help! I've just joined Brunel and think it was the worst decision that I could have made. I find myself bored constantly, there's not really a good 'vibe' or atmosphere around and am considering a transfer. Anyone have any tips or been through the same thing. I am in serious need of help as I'm so drained by the experience so far!

Thank you
brunel_msc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Uxbridge is awful. Other than once going there to the cinema several years beforehand because some friends wanted to, I've never had a reason to go there.

When I started studying at brunel I realised how far it is from central london, and I live in London, so I know how long travel can take from one place to another.

I wish I had gone somewhere else because the uni sucked, but if I had to live there as well I would have quit by november...
Eng.Nahawandali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hey guys, I will come to Brunel uni next September with two kids Grade 3, 5
Tell me about the elementary schools in the area around please
Thanks
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Eng.Nahawandali)
hey guys, I will come to Brunel uni next September with two kids Grade 3, 5
Tell me about the elementary schools in the area around please
Thanks
Please create a new thread rather than bumping a 5year old one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (56)
5.71%
Fairly positive (304)
31.02%
Just another year... (388)
39.59%