Area around Brunel University

Scroll to see replies

And btw I'm from Harrow
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by und3niable_
Oh yeah tell me about it. £30 for a taxi back from watford on a night out! Wish London would have more nightbuses. But your problem will be no longer with 24 Hr tube in approx 15 months :biggrin:

lol yeah its £20 for me although only done it once, got taxis more often from edgware when coming back from the primrose hill/ camden area (£14) or Harrow on the Hill when going to Junction (£10) not a fan of watford for a night out tbh. and if you have a look at my post there are no tubes near where i live & they are only upgrading some of the tubes to 24 hours and met & jubilee aren't amongst the first lot.
Original post by jelly1000
lol yeah its £20 for me although only done it once, got taxis more often from edgware when coming back from the primrose hill/ camden area (£14) or Harrow on the Hill when going to Junction (£10) not a fan of watford for a night out tbh. and if you have a look at my post there are no tubes near where i live & they are only upgrading some of the tubes to 24 hours and met & jubilee aren't amongst the first lot.

Yeah Watford's not too good, I just like a little oceana every now and then. Oh wow, and Norwich's cab prices are pretty meagre in comparison at 6£. Paid 16£ for a cab in cambridge the other week to go the same distance from the town centre there :frown:
Yeah Watford's not too good, I just like a little oceana every now and then. Oh wow, and Norwich's cab prices are pretty meagre in comparison at 6£. Paid 16£ for a cab in cambridge the other week to go the same distance from the town centre there :frown:

ouch. most ive had to pay for one cab fair in norwich is £8
As someone who loathes "clubbing", it's not too bad. The shops in the town centre are standard fare, and very easy to get to. I don't understand the claims of "chavvy" since I've only seen the standard number.
Original post by subject_delta
As someone who loathes "clubbing", it's not too bad. The shops in the town centre are standard fare, and very easy to get to. I don't understand the claims of "chavvy" since I've only seen the standard number.

Compared to other places I've been to I've seen more chavs but I agree with you about the shops.
Uxbridge is much better than harrow, used to clg there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
It's not ALL about education though. :frown: I feel for you because I know how boring it is there. My town's alright, we have a uni of westminster campus there and it's much better situated than brunel with better nightlife. Middlesex as a county and the universities there are just crap places to live as a student

am actually considering a transfer but don't know how to go about it. any advice would be great.
Original post by leonardo10
am actually considering a transfer but don't know how to go about it. any advice would be great.

You should post it in the ucas/university help forum. It depends on what course you're doing, your grades and the university you want to go to.
Original post by leonardo10

Hi!
I'm like a year late joining this thread but in serious need of help! I've just joined Brunel and think it was the worst decision that I could have made. I find myself bored constantly, there's not really a good 'vibe' or atmosphere around and am considering a transfer. Anyone have any tips or been through the same thing. I am in serious need of help as I'm so drained by the experience so far!

Thank you :smile:
Uxbridge is awful. Other than once going there to the cinema several years beforehand because some friends wanted to, I've never had a reason to go there.

When I started studying at brunel I realised how far it is from central london, and I live in London, so I know how long travel can take from one place to another.

I wish I had gone somewhere else because the uni sucked, but if I had to live there as well I would have quit by november...
hey guys, I will come to Brunel uni next September with two kids Grade 3, 5
Tell me about the elementary schools in the area around please
Thanks
Original post by Eng.Nahawandali
hey guys, I will come to Brunel uni next September with two kids Grade 3, 5
Tell me about the elementary schools in the area around please
Thanks

Please create a new thread rather than bumping a 5year old one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending