The Student Room Group

How to choose offer of Bch Physiotherapy between Brunel & UEA?

Original post by Hksean

I vouch for UEA, but then again I'm biased.

I have a friend and a cousin who are physiotherapists and both studied at UEA. I don't know much about Brunel's course and what they are like.

I can say UEA is pretty good for physiotherapy, as well as saying it has very good facilities for the subject. UEA for one has a good health/life science department, especially when they do a variety of demanding health related courses, including medicine. It has close contact with the local hospital in Norwich, where you are likely going to do your placement.

In terms of nightlife, it's known to be one of the best in the east of the country (and arguably one of the best in the country overall).
The accomodation are modern, and it's on campus. Should you decide to live off campus, the local area definitely caters to the student population.
As the uni is based on the outskirts of the city, you are able to drive around without issue (unless it's on campus). At the very least, you would be able to have a car with you without much headache (compared to having a car in London).

The only advantage Brunel has over UEA is that Brunel is based near London (if that means anything to you).

Disclaimer: I haven't studied physiotherapy, so I can't really comment on the courses. Having said that, both courses are accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (required if you want to act as a physiotherapist in the UK), so the content should be roughly the same.

Quick Reply

Latest