The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am not going to like Matt Smith. I can already tell. :nn:
Wtf
What happened to the master after he shot the president with blue hand energy, did he die? He just vanished off the screen after that.
meskell
Seemed a bit over the top blowing the Tardis up....

The new guy annoys me already - he looks like he should be in the Sarah Jane Adventures.

I think blowing up the Tardis is meant to give them a new slate. :dontknow:
meskell
Seemed a bit over the top blowing the Tardis up.... (Edit: Considering it has had a few regenerations inside it in the past, don't see why this is different? And I thought the Tardis was meant to be nigh on indestructible)

The new guy annoys me already - he looks like he should be in the Sarah Jane Adventures.

Lol, he annoys you? You know nothing about him, and you can't accurately judge his acting ability from a 30 second scene.

I liked it, but it dragged on a bit. How did the doctor know to save Sarah Jane's son? It's not like he could have gone back in time to intervene, as we found out in that episode wayyyyy back with Piper's dad.
Reply 4345
anyone know who the old woman was?
awww i wish D.T could stay forever :frown:

Not sure about the other doctor...his lack of eyebrows disturbs me...lol!
I remain optimistic, and that boy has big shoes to fill!....David. T rocked that gig!
I'm not entirely sure what I thought of all of that, tbph. :erm:
Noooooooooooooooo David's gone!

was just so quick and instant though, changing to Matt... still hard to believe

but the episode was sooo good, was so cool to see everyone again, Mickey, Sarah Jane, Luke, Bernard Cribbins, Martha, Cap'n Jack, anto etc and even the timelords.... really was an epic ending
Flugtag
anyone know who the old woman was?

his mother?
Considering how quickly the Time lords were defeated, this episode was dragged out. David Tennant was great once again and I thought it was a good twist that he died because Wilf was being an idiot.
We never found out who the woman was :nn:
Stupid racism jokes :nn:
Sad goodbyes to everyone :nn:

New Doctor Matt Smith :yy:
I like him on the 20 seconds of footage, need to see how it goes, but with Stephen Moffat (who I consider to be a better writer), I don't think it can go wrong right now.
Reply 4351
I was so disappointed with it :sigh:. Some of it just seemed pointless.
That was a good episode :biggrin:. What happened to the master? He just sort of walked out and then we didn't hear anything else from him. Or did i miss something.
He got sucked into the time warp or something along with the other timelords....
Did he die?
RealityIsDull
his mother?

that's what i thought.....

and the other woman that flashed on the TV was Donna
Alonsi Alonso!
Matt seems to be playing the Doctor a lot like DT. The episode also wasn't that great. Next series should be good with Moffat writting
I thought i saw him run off.
meskell
Seemed a bit over the top blowing the Tardis up.... (Edit: Considering it has had a few regenerations inside it in the past, don't see why this is different? And I thought the Tardis was meant to be nigh on indestructible)

True dat; but, I'm guessing they blew up the TARDIS to explain why the next Doctor's Tardis isn't going to be all brown and bobbly. I'm sure I read somewhere that they've redesigned it inside, and they're putting the SJA logo back on the outside (which was apparently there in the very first series?)

Still, good episode. I'd like to give myself a pat on the back for guessing that Timothy Dalton was indeed playing Rassilon and not just any old Lord President; however, I'm still not amused that they didn't explain who "the Woman" was (though I am sticking with The Rani, since she has a shocking resemblance to Kate O'Mara...)

And as an extra plus, we stopped watching, and my dad went to go for a shower, and there's a good few inches of snow outside. Thankyou, Doctor :rolleyes:

Latest