why are a lot of Pakistanis ashamed of their ethnicity?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unaManzana)
    nice one, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you asked a clear question, I gave you a clear answer? what's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    I am not ashamed. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    you asked a clear question, I gave you a clear answer? what's the problem?
    I gave a clear reply, too..

I don't see any problem in "nice one, mate." its all down to your interpretation of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because I think some Pakistanis are idiots, and I dont like to associate myself with them. Im a different type of Pakistani.

ReputationRep:
    I gave a clear reply, too..

I don't see any problem in "nice one, mate." its all down to your interpretation of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my interpretation is: "you're a pakistani, so you're angry that I criticised your motherland", which is funny, as if you could even defend it if you tried

ReputationRep:
    my interpretation is: "you're a pakistani, so you're angry that I criticised your motherland", which is funny, as if you could even defend it if you tried
    The person doesn't seem angry to me at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    The person doesn't seem angry to me at all.
    did you see their first message to me on page 2? :|

ReputationRep:
    did you see their first message to me on page 2? :|
    I'll have a look then.

ReputationRep:
    not really.
    I just asked where you got the information from. as I've stated before, most people get the ideas about religion and other countries from the media. and the media have a reputation of over hyping certain things.

why do you assume I'm angry? lmao. because I said "********?" wow ok. you're trying to judge my emotions over the internet. not a very smart move, bro :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    She probably thought you were calling her as fat as a country :lol:
    Lool, but seriously when I told her she looked Pakistani she got really offended

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Lool, but seriously when I told her she looked Pakistani she got really offended
    where is she from instead lol

ReputationRep:
    High levels of incest and inbreeding?

ReputationRep:
    where is she from instead lol
    She is from Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    not really.
    but..."yes" really...you are pakistani so hence you're giving me this rich routine. just stop. you haven't even attempted to actually defend pakistan because it is a real **** shed of a country - I'm, again, not saying anything to do with race, I'm talking about your motherland. go on. try and give me some reasons why pakistan isn't such a crappy country. "the food"? lmao

ReputationRep:
    but..."yes" really...you are pakistani so hence you're giving me this rich routine. just stop. you haven't even attempted to actually defend pakistan because it is a real **** shed of a country - I'm, again, not saying anything to do with race, I'm talking about your motherland. go on. try and give me some reasons why pakistan isn't such a crappy country. "the food"? lmao
    mate I'm just asking where you got some of this information from.

why are you failing to give such a simple request?

honestly, there is no point defending my country to someone so narrow minded such as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    mate I'm just asking where you got some of this information from.

why are you failing to give such a simple request?

honestly, there is no point defending my country to someone so narrow minded such as yourself.
    I got the information from your motherland, like I said to you before
    and thanks for confirming what I was saying all along - you're pakistani, and that is literally your only incentive, and anybody's only incentive, to defend such a terrible place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    I'm not ashamed of my ethnicity. I just don't like Pakistan. I'm never visiting that corrupt backwards shithole pathetic excuse for a country ever again. You'd feel the same way if you married someone from Pakistan, she screws you over on false allegations, she claims she'll be killed if she returns to Pakistan and thus gains an IRL Visa in the UK (yet, she still goes to Pakistan on holiday, what a ****ing mockery to the British legal system and UK immigration) and leaves us treated as criminals. Legal fees thus far: approx £70K+ and counting. In addition, you, me and everyone else is paying for her free accommodation, benefits etc. as a taxpayer.
    Should have married for love and not had an arranged marriage. Sounds like you've been through a lot of **** though.

ReputationRep:
    I got the information from your motherland, like I said to you before
    and thanks for confirming what I was saying all along - you're pakistani, and that is literally your only incentive, and anybody's only incentive, to defend such a terrible place
    it's hard to believe that someone as narrow minded as you would even leave this country.

I'm done arguing with someone as stupid as you, who would lie for the sake of an argument.

have a nice life, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it's hard to believe that someone as narrow minded as you would even leave this country.

I'm done arguing with someone as stupid as you, who would lie for the sake of an argument.
    got proof? why even ask then?

have a nice life, mate.
    I've only got you moping like this because I proved myself correct - you can't justify pride in pakistan as a country - truth can hurt.

ReputationRep:
    because the media is known to over exaggerate in an attempt to cause hate and fear

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? Where's your evidence?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.