Report 6 years ago
I'm not to sure what I made of that episode to be honest. :erm:
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was a cheerful episode, perhaps they could've expanded on the whole Shakri character. They were assumed to a be a scary myth, just seems strange how they ended it so quick.

Next episode should be better:moon: even though River:sigh:Song will be back, I hope they don't keep mentioning her back story OR she doesn't say 'spoiii-lers':nooo:
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought it was OK - there's a one bit that made me :lolwut: though - If the Doctor still had one heart running, wouldn't de-fibrillating him mess up that heart?

The cubes irritated me, but the actual villain is something new - Gallifreyan fairy-tales coming to destroy earth? Perhaps could have been slightly better executed though - it seemed a bit rushed...

Speculation on next week:
Spoiler:
Show

Next weeks could be really poor - angels, manhattan, the panoramic shot of the Statue of liberty... it couldn't be more obvious could it?
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TenOfThem)
I am unhappy with the angels returning

Blink was excellent ... The Episode of modern Dr Who

I fear they will be watered down with repetition
The Time of Angels
Flesh & Stone

They were brilliant episodes!
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alofleicester)
I thought it was OK - there's a one bit that made me :lolwut: though - If the Doctor still had one heart running, wouldn't de-fibrillating him mess up that heart?

The cubes irritated me, but the actual villain is something new - Gallifreyan fairy-tales coming to destroy earth? Perhaps could have been slightly better executed though - it seemed a bit rushed...

Speculation on next week:
Spoiler:
Show

Next weeks could be really poor - angels, manhattan, the panoramic shot of the Statue of liberty... it couldn't be more obvious could it?
Giant that carried a book and torch?
The Polymath
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe I'm getting older, but it's getting too unrealistic now.

I used to be fine with the mystical time travel, as they were careful to be quite scientific about it.

Now, though, it's nonsense. He waits ages to disarm machine things with the sonic, and when he does he just does it to one of them and then runs.

He sits around when he could just travel forward to when the black boxes open.

He says he'll "keep the tardis tuned to world news" when he already has access to all the news which was ever published.

It's like they're not thinking about the science anymore, so it ruins it for me
Morgsie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good but not brilliant. Bit lackluster compared to some episodes.
TenOfThem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by getfunky!)
The Time of Angels
Flesh & Stone

They were brilliant episodes!
enough though

I still have blink on my iPad to watch when i need a scare
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 6 years ago
I enjoyed the first 2/3rds of the episode but the ending was a let down. I'm guessing they needed a reason for the Doctor to spend time on earth with Amy and Rory but couldn't think of a better way of doing it.

(Original post by TenOfThem)
I am unhappy with the angels returning

Blink was excellent ... The Episode of modern Dr Who

I fear they will be watered down with repetition
Judging by the trailer, it looks like they might be going back to basics with the angels i.e. no neck snapping, just old fashioned sending you back to time but this is just speculation.

(Original post by Mess.)
I hope she gets her throat ripped out and then someone goes back through time and rips each versions of her throat out. I'd even take Amy being killed as a child so River Song never happens. Actually, just kill Rory as a child. Sorted.
I'm guessing you don't like River.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
I enjoyed the first 2/3rds of the episode but the ending was a let down. I'm guessing they needed a reason for the Doctor to spend time on earth with Amy and Rory but couldn't think of a better way of doing it.

Judging by the trailer, it looks like they might be going back to basics with the angels i.e. no neck snapping, just old fashioned sending you back to time but this is just speculation.

I'm guessing you don't like River.
I am unsure. Unsure whether I hate her more than I fancy Karen Gillan :beard:
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by getfunky!)
Giant that carried a book and torch?
Almost certainly, but it just seems so... pathetic to go for that, almost certainly no subtlety with that.
Miracle Day
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Would have been better if the Torchwood team broke into the house and tried to help the scenario with the Doctor, or if Martha was the leader of Unit >_>
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate Martha, I'm glad she has been wiped from this universe.
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
I hate Martha, I'm glad she has been wiped from this universe.
She hasn't?
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Miracle Day)
She hasn't?
I thought there was some sort of 5 year wipe that removed everything that happened to do with RTD :confused:
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I loved that. Agree that the ending seemed a little rushed, but I'd been dying to see more of Amy and Rory's 'real' lives. And Brian is all kinds of awesome. I also loved having the Brigadier's daughter as new head of UNIT - nice nod to the old days, there. I somehow don't think we've seen the last of her.

Did anyone spot any of the speculated story arc clues
Spoiler:
Show
Christmas mentioned, lights flickering...

in this ep? I didn't, but I was watching it with some friends so wasn't always concentrating completely...
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
I thought there was some sort of 5 year wipe that removed everything that happened to do with RTD :confused:
Martha and Rose appeared on the hologram in the episode 'Let's kill Hitler' though
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Miracle Day)
Martha and Rose appeared on the hologram in the episode 'Let's kill Hitler' though
Maybe I just hate her so much I've wiped her from the universe in my own mind
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads