Original post by TenOfThem
I am unhappy with the angels returning

Blink was excellent ... The Episode of modern Dr Who

I fear they will be watered down with repetition

The Time of Angels
Flesh & Stone

They were brilliant episodes!
Original post by Alofleicester
I thought it was OK - there's a one bit that made me :lolwut: though - If the Doctor still had one heart running, wouldn't de-fibrillating him mess up that heart?

The cubes irritated me, but the actual villain is something new - Gallifreyan fairy-tales coming to destroy earth? Perhaps could have been slightly better executed though - it seemed a bit rushed...

Speculation on next week:

Spoiler

Giant that carried a book and torch?
Maybe I'm getting older, but it's getting too unrealistic now.

I used to be fine with the mystical time travel, as they were careful to be quite scientific about it.

Now, though, it's nonsense. He waits ages to disarm machine things with the sonic, and when he does he just does it to one of them and then runs.

He sits around when he could just travel forward to when the black boxes open.

He says he'll "keep the tardis tuned to world news" when he already has access to all the news which was ever published.

It's like they're not thinking about the science anymore, so it ruins it for me :tongue:
Reply 8683
Good but not brilliant. Bit lackluster compared to some episodes.
Original post by getfunky!
The Time of Angels
Flesh & Stone

They were brilliant episodes!

enough though

I still have blink on my iPad to watch when i need a scare :smile:
I enjoyed the first 2/3rds of the episode but the ending was a let down. I'm guessing they needed a reason for the Doctor to spend time on earth with Amy and Rory but couldn't think of a better way of doing it.

Original post by TenOfThem
I am unhappy with the angels returning

Blink was excellent ... The Episode of modern Dr Who

I fear they will be watered down with repetition

Judging by the trailer, it looks like they might be going back to basics with the angels i.e. no neck snapping, just old fashioned sending you back to time but this is just speculation.

Original post by Mess.
I hope she gets her throat ripped out and then someone goes back through time and rips each versions of her throat out. I'd even take Amy being killed as a child so River Song never happens. Actually, just kill Rory as a child. Sorted.

I'm guessing you don't like River. :tongue:
Reply 8686
Original post by sleekchic
I enjoyed the first 2/3rds of the episode but the ending was a let down. I'm guessing they needed a reason for the Doctor to spend time on earth with Amy and Rory but couldn't think of a better way of doing it.

Judging by the trailer, it looks like they might be going back to basics with the angels i.e. no neck snapping, just old fashioned sending you back to time but this is just speculation.

I'm guessing you don't like River. :tongue:

I am unsure. Unsure whether I hate her more than I fancy Karen Gillan :beard:
Original post by getfunky!
Giant that carried a book and torch?

Almost certainly, but it just seems so... pathetic to go for that, almost certainly no subtlety with that.
Would have been better if the Torchwood team broke into the house and tried to help the scenario with the Doctor, or if Martha was the leader of Unit >_>
Reply 8689
I hate Martha, I'm glad she has been wiped from this universe.
Original post by Mess.
I hate Martha, I'm glad she has been wiped from this universe.

She hasn't?
Reply 8691
Original post by Miracle Day
She hasn't?

I thought there was some sort of 5 year wipe that removed everything that happened to do with RTD :confused:
I loved that. Agree that the ending seemed a little rushed, but I'd been dying to see more of Amy and Rory's 'real' lives. And Brian is all kinds of awesome. I also loved having the Brigadier's daughter as new head of UNIT - nice nod to the old days, there. I somehow don't think we've seen the last of her.

Did anyone spot any of the speculated story arc clues

Spoiler

in this ep? I didn't, but I was watching it with some friends so wasn't always concentrating completely...
Original post by Mess.
I thought there was some sort of 5 year wipe that removed everything that happened to do with RTD :confused:

Martha and Rose appeared on the hologram in the episode 'Let's kill Hitler' though
Reply 8694
Martha and Rose appeared on the hologram in the episode 'Let's kill Hitler' though

Maybe I just hate her so much I've wiped her from the universe in my own mind :h:
Original post by Mess.
Maybe I just hate her so much I've wiped her from the universe in my own mind :h:

She's my favourite companion.

My order is:
Martha
Rose
Jack
Donna
Sarah Jane
Amy and Rory
River Song
Reply 8696
She's my favourite companion.

My order is:
Martha
Rose
Jack
Donna
Sarah Jane
Amy and Rory
River Song

Mine is probably:

Amy

Jack
Rory
Donna

Rose

Sarah-Jane (although tbh I more have no opinion on her)

Martha

River Song :sick:
Original post by Mess.
Mine is probably:

Amy

Jack
Rory
Donna

Rose

Sarah-Jane (although tbh I more have no opinion on her)

Martha

River Song :sick:

Amy is awful, such a cliche character.
Reply 8698

But she is incredibly fit and as pretty much nobody in the show can act that trumps all :h:

...and Martha wasn't?!

Latest