The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
DmAsTeR
that paper had some dodgy questions... i did some of them really good...some i had no idea, my mind went blank..

Same here! I'm kicking myself for not learning the photoelectric thing!
DmAsTeR
the next one after...i hope it was less..cos theres heat loss...i put a bit more detail but...neway...what was it??? its less yeah!?

yup ...... i put less but i have no idea whether its rite or not
Reply 42
riks2004
temp change was 3.62K or degrees C didnt matter which 1 cos 1 degree C = 1 K but i put K cos the specific heat capacity had k in.

:eek: I got a value with a 10 to a -ve power !
btw im quite sure it was 47 kilo ohms?????? but does any1 knw 4 sure????
Reply 44
prospector60
yep except it was 47 kilo ohms

thats what i wrote.. 47K
Reply 45
roochis
thats what i wrote.. 47K

ignore me... i was looking at the 'kilo' bit.. you meant 47 instead of 72?
Reply 46
Anyhoo peeps... i'm off to cram as much chemistry i could possibly get into my brain!

I'm sure we've all done fine..

Try not to think abuot the exam too much cause we tend to look at the bad things.... and not all the things we got right!!

Ciao!
Reply 47
roochis
ignore me... i was looking at the 'kilo' bit.. you meant 47 instead of 72?

Omg!! I didn't see the "Kilo" part on the paper!!!! :confused:
For the photo electric one i drew the circuit diagram with a variable resistor etc
Reply 49
Goddess
Omg!! I didn't see the "Kilo" part on the paper!!!! :confused:

there was definitely a a resistor with kilo in it...u'll still get marks for method though
Reply 50
sequence123
For the photo electric one i drew the circuit diagram with a variable resistor etc

My diagram was correct except for the cell. I forgot to put a cell in the circuit and there should be one :frown:
Reply 51
wooohooo that was quite a lucky exam for me. I got the same answers!!! i hope your right lol. Number of electrons 8exp7, temp increase 3.6K, p.d across 25ohm resistor 0.797mV (might have been .979 cant remember) 1.4exp7 recession velocity, remember getting mass of electrons exp-28or29, greater than electron at rest , did anyone else get something similar please?
Reply 52
that paper was stupid...nothin on accelerators
Reply 53
Goddess
My diagram was correct except for the cell. I forgot to put a cell in the circuit and there should be one :frown:

me too...
Reply 54
DmAsTeR
there was definitely a a resistor with kilo in it...u'll still get marks for method though

Thanks for trying to cheer me up. But I feel like a total looser!!! Tomorrow's Chem unit 6 is gonna be even harder!
Reply 55
oh yeh the recessional velocity is towards the earth...u must put that...cos it was a blue shift
Reply 56
What is the source of centripetal force for the electrn in the bubble chamber?
Reply 57
petewhufc
wooohooo that was quite a lucky exam for me. I got the same answers!!! i hope your right lol. Number of electrons 8exp7, temp increase 3.6K, p.d across 25ohm resistor 0.797mV (might have been .979 cant remember) 1.4exp7 recession velocity, remember getting mass of electrons exp-28or29, greater than electron at rest , did anyone else get something similar please?

I think i got exactly the same.. apart from the resistor one.. cause i can't remember it for the life of me.. although the 0.79mV looks familiar!
Reply 58
good luck with chem guys, im glad i dont do it, some of my friends got 4 exams tomorrow!!
Reply 59
DmAsTeR
oh yeh the recessional velocity is towards the earth...u must put that...cos it was a blue shift

wooo.. i put that.. cause i was wondering where they were going to get 4 marks from!

Latest