The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 98Lauren98
Yeah he did go away on a boat but after that the professor got a letter from him saying there was a new adventure!! I totally agree :biggrin:

They should deffo make a new one then! I think they've stopped making them now. Haven't heard about anything new coming out from the professor layton series :frown:
Sonic.exe
Been playing MGSV: Ground Zeroes over the Christmas holidays, preparing for The Phantom Pain when I finish college in June.
My most recent game I played was Mortal Kombat for PS Vita.

The controls and graphics are really cool.
Yes - I do know it is from 2012, but I only recently got a VITA.
Fallout 3 :biggrin:
Ark: Survival Evolved!
Trying to get into New Vegas but I'm just not feeling it right now. I might give it a chance and see if it gets better.
Original post by Mjr_issues
It was a good game, but didn't feel like a Hitman game.
That said, it enforced a very rigid playstyle, which I wasn't mad on.

New Hitman looks like they remembered Blood Money exists and is near universally loved.

Really strong game, very enjoyable and offers a bit of a challenge. It's not a hitman game at all, it's something else entirely. It's a brand new concept. It has nothing to do with hitman, because hitman is about taking on contracts, traveling to foreign locations, performing hits and then getting paid for each target. Absolution is something else entirely. It's a stealth game, and the game relies heavily on its storyline to promote its agenda and to justify itself. Which is fine, because if you look at it as a standalone stealth game, it's a fantastic game. But when you consider that this is supposed to be a hitman game, it doesn't make sense. It had a brand new level structure, with checkpoints and sub-levels. Another problem is that the mission scoring system is completely broken, the game rewards you for silly grinding rather than judge you on your playstyle.

I really enjoyed the playstyle. A hitman game should never, ever be about having to sneak around and not to be seen by anyone. Hitman is about blending in and hiding in plain sight, whereas Absolution forces you to remain unseen at all times. Having said that, it still provides a very enjoyable experience. I enjoyed spending days trying to study a level and study enemies' patrol patterns and coming up with a cunning strategy to obtain the highest rating, it was highly rewarding and satisfying.

I wouldn't rush to praise the new game. They've let us down once already, there's nothing to stop them from doing it again. I played this game despite all the negative press from long time fans of the series, I played it for the sake of closure and for completion and will so the same for Hitman 6. But still, I find myself hoping that it'll be a good game.

Until then, I'm going to be doing contracts mode on Absolution, just to keep me satisfied until the new game launches. Can't wait!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
Trying to get into New Vegas but I'm just not feeling it right now. I might give it a chance and see if it gets better.

IMO the best fallout.

I didn't like it too much at first but give it a chance.

Only thing that lets it down is that lack of eeire atmosphere and sense of hopelessness in the world that F3 had.
Original post by Neurosci
IMO the best fallout.

I didn't like it too much at first but give it a chance.

Only thing that lets it down is that lack of eeire atmosphere and sense of hopelessness in the world that F3 had.

I'm a Fallout n00b, I haven't played any of the previous games :frown: I heard great things about New Vegas and decided to pick it up. It seems quite complicated, I'm very confused about the gameplay mechanics and the features and everything, I feel completely lost, reminds me of the time when I tried to get into Skyrim and ended up bitterly disappointed. That's the problem for now.
I'm a Fallout n00b, I haven't played any of the previous games :frown: I heard great things about New Vegas and decided to pick it up. It seems quite complicated, I'm very confused about the gameplay mechanics and the features and everything, I feel completely lost, reminds me of the time when I tried to get into Skyrim and ended up bitterly disappointed. That's the problem for now.

Ah I had a friend who was very similar. If all else fails you can always resort to mutilating the starting town while they sleep. That was my friends final act before snapping disc.

Dont worry too much about making the best character on your 1st run just have fun with it, turn difficulty down if necessary (but it shouldn't be cos this game is super easy once you know whats going on)
Original post by Neurosci
Ah I had a friend who was very similar. If all else fails you can always resort to mutilating the starting town while they sleep. That was my friends final act before snapping disc.

Dont worry too much about making the best character on your 1st run just have fun with it, turn difficulty down if necessary (but it shouldn't be cos this game is super easy once you know whats going on)

Hahahah oh dear!! But the residents of Good Springs have been so nice to me, I'd never hurt the good doctor and the nice lady who took me out to hunt some geckos!! They're my new friends :smile:
Splatoon and Fallout 4 :biggrin:
Hahahah oh dear!! But the residents of Good Springs have been so nice to me, I'd never hurt the good doctor and the nice lady who took me out to hunt some geckos!! They're my new friends :smile:

Oh yeah such a nice and normal doctor............... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdwJL7PxjQE
Finished Alien: Isolation a days ago. Nearly finished AC: Syndicate. I also play COD Black Ops 3.

All on PS4

Posted from TSR Mobile
CS:GO <3
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - PC
(edited 8 years ago)
Uncharted 2 remastered. I had forgotten what a great game this is! No chance of me getting the platinum trophy though.
Fallout 4, AC Unity
TR4: the last revelation (revision break :tongue:)

Latest