The Student Room Group

Is the UK becoming more racist?

Is the UK becoming more racist and intolerant? Is it because people dislike excessive political correctness, or that immigration has been seen to go to far?

Scroll to see replies

No, we're probably the least racist country in Europe.
Yes, the more immigration of different races the more racism there will be.

In order to cut down on racism, there is only one possible solution.
Reply 3
I think the opposite is true tbh.

Too much political correctness. A black person is a black person and a brown person is a brown person. **** this 'coloured' crap.
Reply 4
Original post by OdinsThunder

Wow it's like hitler himself is commenting!

****ing troll!
Reply 5
Eugh. There is hardly any racism in England as far as I can see.

Hell, I've experienced more racism than I've ever even seen, and I'm white :eek:
Reply 6
Theres a bit of Islamaphobia
Reply 7
I must agree overt racism has hardly ever bothered me tbh. Then again im from London and hear worse about being further up north.
I work in Cornwall. I'm not white. If the locals aren't racist (which they ruddy well aren't..... infact, I destroyed the back door of one of the locals) then the UK isn't racist. Get off your Race Card playing soap box you douche
Reply 9
Not racist.

Just Islamophobia.
Probably the least racist in Europe I would have thought But Europe's becoming increasingly intolerant as a whole though; note the recent success of the far right party in France and Sarkozy's contentious banning of the Burkha.
Reply 11
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
I work in Cornwall. I'm not white. If the locals aren't racist (which they ruddy well aren't..... infact, I destroyed the back door of one of the locals) then the UK isn't racist. Get off your Race Card playing soap box you douche

Does that mean what I think it does?
Original post by storna
Does that mean what I think it does?

Yes. Yes it does. You dirrrty boy :yes:
There is a double standard when it comes to racism here.
Reply 14
Original post by U.S Lecce

****ing troll!

**** off
Reply 15
Original post by U.S Lecce

****ing troll!

Did your mother drop you on the head when you were a baby or something?
Since when does cutting down on immigration equate to inflicting genocide?
OdinsThunder has just GOT to be a troll because they advocate a solution to a problem that doesn't go hand in hand with your set of morals and values.
Immigration is a huge problem that hasn't been solved because people like you are stuck in a way of thinking that's 'safe'. You're not even exploring the possibilities of controversial alternatives. All your 'facts' and other rubbish you write down are based on feelings, and feelings don't solve anything; they're an obstruction when it comes to finding solutions.
Not racist, Islamophobic.

Which, given the violent reactions in France, is only going to become more ingrained in society.
Reply 17
Just bringing it back to football, Britain probably has the least racist fans in Europe. We do not get incidents like banana throwing like they do in Spain, Italy and eastern Europe.
Original post by OdinsThunder

Care to share :biggrin:
Just because the UK isn't as racist as other parts of Europe or the world, it doesn't mean that there isn't any racism here. TSR will prove that.

Still, overt racism in the UK is rare. Institutional/hidden racism...not so rare.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending